09/27 - Wombat Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
With regard to the Suburu forum, since you say you "...must've misspoke or misremembered," the onus is on you to figure out how *you* appropriately screwed up and 'fess up on the forum instead of blaming *them,* nes pa? 1.) everybody screws up, and; 2.) I've found over the decades that most members of forums appreciate honesty. Perhaps you just didn't have enough coffee prior to posting on their forum. :coffeepc:
Sorry, I didn't read your post fully and didn't type that post clearly enough. They think I misspoke or misremember since I said it needed a replacement TCM. Because it never happens -allegedly.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 3 min video comparison survey - [Do not take on mobile] | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: smith [A2GQ4DSPRIZCRU] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.76] [Fast: 4.70] [Comm: 1.67] [Fair: 4.64] [Reviews: 38] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.48
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 3044
Description: -
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
Time: 02:21 | Hourly: $12.20

Reactions: coffeeowl

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't watched it yet but imo a lot of what made so many of them screwed up was the rotation system where you were only their for a year as opposed to the previous method of sending in entire companies together and then they left together. In the rotation system you were dropped into a group that no one bothered to learn your name until you'd been there a while and hadn't been popped the first couple days. And then when you left you pretty much left alone and returned home individually or in small groups on a plane full of strangers.
I understand your "rotation" comment (that worked for a while during WWII until it became impractical to move entire units in and out of Europe, but slots did need to be filled), but in Viet Nam it was more the fact that they were often fighting in jungles so think you couldn't see what was a mere 10 fee ahead of you, night or day, and you couldn't tell if the Vietnamese man or woman or kid standing next to you in a village was friendly, or a member of the Viet Cong. In one instance, six graduates of the same West Point were assigned to the same unit at the same time and four were immediately killed in a jungle ambush. My 'take away,' at least, having watched the first four or five programs that covered just up to the time I got there.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I think a lot of combat vets (still) can't watch the series (nor need to, some should - some shouldn't). I had a friend whose nightly nightmare -for decades- was that he would be 'left behind.' (The fear of many vets).
One guy talks about manning a listening post, at night. He still is afraid of the dark and needs a night-light in his bedroom. :( And although I was stationed thirty-five miles from The Wall in DC., I could never visit it. Thanks, Jan.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Study about online news website (~15 minutes)(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Hyerin Han [A1D80M06T43E4A] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.17] [Fast: 4.67] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 4.67] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $4.00/hr] [Pen: 2.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.50
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 6
Description: A study about how people perceive news headlines that takes around 15 minutes
Requirements: Exc: [-1070870618-58715] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 100; TP Panel: -381667766 N is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Reactions: micky and Jaded

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.