09/27 - Wombat Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Afternoon, all! What's making you super cranky today?

I'll start - I had soup for lunch and it's making me feel sick :(
My ticket will cost double what I thought it did because I forgot to hit 'next' to see the final price.

edit: So my general ditziness makes me cranky.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Your point is best taken up with Amazon. they are the ones who set up this system without any guidance to the workers. Every instance of help from another worker should be looked at as a present to you because no one has to help anyone else here. But they do it anyway. They tell us when good hits are posting even though that means less hits for them when they run out. They write scripts and let them be used freely. They give advice constantly even when they could be using that time turking. The workers have created websites where you can rate requesters and praise or complain about them. They write articles that we can use to educate requesters who don't know how to change a rejection.

The number one way to make money on mturk is to turk and learn what you don't know. In time you will understand what people are talking about and be able to use it.
I should have clarified that my beef was with Amazon, that was my bad. I am grateful there is a community to gain knowledge and insight from.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, didn't mean to imply that people aren't helpful :) Sorry if I did. I was just clarifying my thoughts. I am personally hoping to build up and do this for the long haul. Have a degree and working on my masters but an illness in the family requires my attention at home. Therefore, I need to make money from home, and I'm willing to grind it out and learn. But it is nice to have someone say what that actually entails. Let me put it this way, when I turned 16 I was allowed to choose between a computer and a car. The pc was a Tandy from Radio Shack, pre Windows, if I could learn DOS or BASIC, I can learn again. I also remember the bringing home my first Windows PC and when we got 1gig for the first time. Oh my, I am ancient.
Right now you don't know what you don't know. It is as simple as that. And because you don't know jack, so to speak, you also don't know what questions to ask or what answers are useful. That is why the best response to most noob questions is "go do work"... because once you start working you will run into specific situations and you'll know what you need to ask to get a targeted answer. Nobody goes to a dojo to learn to fight... they go to learn to punch, and then kick, and then throw... they use those skills they are taught as tools when sparring which is where they learn to fight, through experience not instruction.

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
Afternoon, all! What's making you super cranky today?

I'll start - I had soup for lunch and it's making me feel sick :(
I'm having a fine day. The weather finally broke, so it's 75 instead of 90, and I had my baby shower on Sunday, so I've been putting baby hats on my dog in between hits. I've already hit my minimum goal, and I'm almost caught up on Teen Mom 2.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else eager for Fainting Goat Friday? I know I am, that is legit where I go to drink.

Reactions: It's Gamera!

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I should have clarified that my beef was with Amazon, that was my bad. I am grateful there is a community to gain knowledge and insight from.
I don't even have a beef with Amazon over this. I am just happy that a "real" company that can be trusted to pay up has this platform available.

hockeyfan87

Reaction score
Was mixing rekogs in with the tax engine hits, now the rekogs seem broken.... I was doing a good job bouncing back and forth while waiting for each to load. :\

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Investigating Semantic Representations(~ 17 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Dermot Lynott [A325L0H6Q5L71I] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.67] [Fast: 4.68] [Comm: 3.86] [Fair: 4.75] [Reviews: 26] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $16.12/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.25
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Available: 1
Description: A multiple choice survey about common words
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [59219-58630] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Adult Content Qualification is 1; Location is one of: US
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

A.Lem

Reaction score
I'm cranky today because Rekogs are a crap shoot and John Doe has like 27+k hits taunting me and I can only do a few before I hit a cap and then have to wait a few minutes to catch another one or two :cry::yuck::wtf:

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Pleco @Pleco maybe time for some hair of the dog to help? I'm already counting down hours til wine time :cheers:(I mean wine time...again)

Reactions: jan and Pleco

Mikeyyyyy

Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
I just want rekogs to stop bogging out. FeelsBadMan

Reactions: Michele and jan

Kliq

Reaction score
I don't even have a beef with Amazon over this. I am just happy that a "real" company that can be trusted to pay up has this platform available.
What happened?

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Word Generation Task | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: UA Research Group [A39O6ZITQB83OS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.02] [Fast: 4.62] [Comm: 3.84] [Fair: 4.66] [Reviews: 156] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.00/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 45
Description: Not Available
Requirements: Location is US
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Status
Not open for further replies.