09/27 - Wombat Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
In my opinion, if someone is learning how to code and script to make more money than they would be better off going to school for it and working at a place with a decent starting salary. Chances are most of the people that make scripts already had a background in programming and scripting before they even heard of mturk.

Of course I could be wrong.
You are wrong. The vast majority of turkers who are writing their own scripts learned from other people right here on these forums for use in turking. The programmers and coders are a small contingent.

jan

Reaction score
So, basically when we as newbies ask what we can do we are directed to the regular places and usually told to just keep doing hits and get our numbers up. But a more truthful approach would be that we need to develop more knowledge of PC's and coding to reach a level of income most would consider acceptable. I don't have a problem if that is the reality of the situation but it would be nice to know the reality from the beginning. As a Social Worker I look at it from the perspective that not everyone is at the same starting point. Many of us don't even know what AHK is or what you mean when you say Googlefu or other terms. Yes google is your friend to the extent that you know what you are seeking, you can't search for that which you don't know exists. And if you only find more terminology that you don't understand, it is useless. We hear that we need scripts and that it is easy to create them, know how to utilize them etc...But I find it hard to believe that those with the most basic pc skills would know these things without heavy guidance from someone in the know.
everyone turks their own way and has their own expectations. If you really want to earn a good (fair) income, it's very likely that you'll need to learn some coding (AHK). But there is also transcription (which works for some - also requires a learning curve and strategies!). Others just make their $30/day or more and call it a day.

It's so hard to generalize. But, the high earners (well, very high earners DO code). Other pretty good earners do a variety of things to make it all work (one of which is be available most of the day/evening - ready when the HITS 'hit).

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
If you have questions feel free to ask :) The people here are incredibly helpful :D I'm still relatively new myself though but will help as best as I can :D Welcome btw :D
Oh, didn't mean to imply that people aren't helpful :) Sorry if I did. I was just clarifying my thoughts. I am personally hoping to build up and do this for the long haul. Have a degree and working on my masters but an illness in the family requires my attention at home. Therefore, I need to make money from home, and I'm willing to grind it out and learn. But it is nice to have someone say what that actually entails. Let me put it this way, when I turned 16 I was allowed to choose between a computer and a car. The pc was a Tandy from Radio Shack, pre Windows, if I could learn DOS or BASIC, I can learn again. I also remember the bringing home my first Windows PC and when we got 1gig for the first time. Oh my, I am ancient.

Binxybaby

Reaction score
honda civics are good cars
I loved mine. It was a hand me down. It was an 2004 and I got it in 2008, I drove it till 2012ish and it probably would have lasted longer if it hadn't unfortunately gotten totaled. My fiance and I share a car now and its a honda oddessy, great car, I love honda. I hate driving a mom van but we have to because together we have 4 kids lol

Reactions: Peachy
Status
Not open for further replies.