Not open for further replies.

Kuddish

Me fail English! That's unpossible
Contributor
Reaction score
NFL UNU post today?

Binxybaby

Reaction score
spent a lot of money but had a good time. Saw the alamo, heb, downtown san antonio, the domain, hope gallery, and randm other stuff.
in & out wasnt as good as I thought it would be. I liked whataburger and culvers better.
She was my favorite part of texas though. i spent much of my time trying to convince her to go to school in nyc. shes considering it.
"She was my favorite part of texas though" OMGOSH! that is the sweetest! :love: I hope it all works out for you guys!

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
Although it's a bit difficult, I've been watching Ken Burns "The Vietnam War." Listened to interviews with some of the grunts (infantrymen) talking about their experiences over there. One described how he was terrified every minute of every day for the year he was over there: Will my next step, her wondered, lose a leg--or worse--to an anti-personnel mine? Will a Viet Cong pop up on the trail ahead and blow ... my head off? Will the guy next to me--and now a close friend--suddenly drop to the ground like a rock because he's been shot through the head? Gruesome stuff. And I couldn't but think Jesus Christ! or God in Hell, and such like. I don't think I could have been a grunt. No wonder so many of them returned to the states screwed up. VERY educational and well done series, however. TaiGir @TaiGir's post about being "terrified" of taxes brought this to mind.
My father in law volunteered for two extra tours. He said it was easier than sitting at home and wondering what was happening to his soldiers that were still over there. For what it's worth, he's a very well-adjusted and successful man these days, full of laughter and I feel pretty blessed to have him has my daughter's grandfather.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Blue @Blue said this earlier. (I put everything in number format to make it easier to read.)

Hope that helps :)
So, basically when we as newbies ask what we can do we are directed to the regular places and usually told to just keep doing hits and get our numbers up. But a more truthful approach would be that we need to develop more knowledge of PC's and coding to reach a level of income most would consider acceptable. I don't have a problem if that is the reality of the situation but it would be nice to know the reality from the beginning. As a Social Worker I look at it from the perspective that not everyone is at the same starting point. Many of us don't even know what AHK is or what you mean when you say Googlefu or other terms. Yes google is your friend to the extent that you know what you are seeking, you can't search for that which you don't know exists. And if you only find more terminology that you don't understand, it is useless. We hear that we need scripts and that it is easy to create them, know how to utilize them etc...But I find it hard to believe that those with the most basic pc skills would know these things without heavy guidance from someone in the know.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Pinterest - Rate How Relevant an Ad Pin Is to a Query | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Pinterest [AURHK491L2LH6] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.22] [Fast: 4.15] [Comm: 3.29] [Fair: 4.78] [Reviews: 82] [ToS: 14]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.40
Duration: 20 minutes
Available: 50
Description: You will log in to Pinterest to complete simple tasks.
Requirements: Scammers has not been granted
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Reactions: Pleco

jan

Reaction score
Although it's a bit difficult, I've been watching Ken Burns "The Vietnam War." Listened to interviews with some of the grunts (infantrymen) talking about their experiences over there. One described how he was terrified every minute of every day for the year he was over there: Will my next step, her wondered, lose a leg--or worse--to an anti-personnel mine? Will a Viet Cong pop up on the trail ahead and blow ... my head off? Will the guy next to me--and now a close friend--suddenly drop to the ground like a rock because he's been shot through the head? Gruesome stuff. And I couldn't but think Jesus Christ! or God in Hell, and such like. I don't think I could have been a grunt. No wonder so many of them returned to the states screwed up. VERY educational and well done series, however. TaiGir @TaiGir's post about being "terrified" of taxes brought this to mind.
I think a lot of combat vets (still) can't watch the series (nor need to, some should - some shouldn't). I had a friend whose nightly nightmare -for decades- was that he would be 'left behind.' (The fear of many vets).

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
So, basically when we as newbies ask what we can do we are directed to the regular places and usually told to just keep doing hits and get our numbers up. But a more truthful approach would be that we need to develop more knowledge of PC's and coding to reach a level of income most would consider acceptable. I don't have a problem if that is the reality of the situation but it would be nice to know the reality from the beginning. As a Social Worker I look at it from the perspective that not everyone is at the same starting point. Many of us don't even know what AHK is or what you mean when you say Googlefu or other terms. Yes google is your friend to the extent that you know what you are seeking, you can't search for that which you don't know exists. And if you only find more terminology that you don't understand, it is useless. We hear that we need scripts and that it is easy to create them, know how to utilize them etc...But I find it hard to believe that those with the most basic pc skills would know these things without heavy guidance from someone in the know.
Welcome to the forum. Where you get guidance from people who know things.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Study: Judgments and Interactions(~ 25 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: SAMlab [A38D5928ZYYN9J] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.04] [Fast: 4.70] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 4.90] [Reviews: 55] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.50
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Study: Read a scenario and answer questions.. Takes about 20-25 minutes.
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 85; Exc: [1189321-57976] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Ok, so this might seem a little random, but my hubby called me this morning and put a 2007 VW Jetta on hold for us/me at the dealership he works for (he does all of their IT) he wants me to check it out. It's $3,498 with just under 100k miles.
Does anyone here have experience with VW??
I had a VW bettle, LOVED that car! Ive only ever owned/driven a honda civic and my VW bug. I didn't have any major issues with either.

Reactions: Peachy

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't watched it yet but imo a lot of what made so many of them screwed up was the rotation system where you were only their for a year as opposed to the previous method of sending in entire companies together and then they left together. In the rotation system you were dropped into a group that no one bothered to learn your name until you'd been there a while and hadn't been popped the first couple days. And then when you left you pretty much left alone and returned home individually or in small groups on a plane full of strangers.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

A.Lem

Reaction score
If you have questions feel free to ask :) The people here are incredibly helpful :D I'm still relatively new myself though but will help as best as I can :D Welcome btw :D

Heisenberg

Reaction score
In my opinion, if someone is learning how to code and script to make more money than they would be better off going to school for it and working at a place with a decent starting salary. Chances are most of the people that make scripts already had a background in programming and scripting before they even heard of mturk.

Of course I could be wrong.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
In my opinion, if someone is learning how to code and script to make more money than they would be better off going to school for it and working at a place with a decent starting salary. Chances are most of the people that make scripts already had a background in programming and scripting before they even heard of mturk.

Of course I could be wrong.
Nope

edit: Although I'm sure /some/ are.

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Rayne Bozeman for work related to ******.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for completing our study. After screening the data, you were approved to receive a $1.00 bonus.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
When questions are generic and non-specific, answers are generic and non-specific. You cant reasonably expect someone to teach you why you need scripts, how to script, and how to implement a script in a single forum post.

Now if you were to ask something like "What does AHK mean?" Someone would likely respond with Autohotkey and they may even post a link to Blue @Blue 's youtube video explaining how to use it.

Reactions: coffeeowl

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think a lot of combat vets (still) can't watch the series (nor need to, some should - some shouldn't). I had a friend whose nightly nightmare -for decades- was that he would be 'left behind.' (The fear of many vets).
My ex-husband (son of awesome Vietnam grandpa) and my brother both are vets and suffer from varying degrees of PTSD. They both have the terrible nightmares though, usually of re-living conflicts and 'what if' moments. What you just described, the left behind thing, really hit me. That must be incredibly frightening to dream about.

Status
Not open for further replies.