09/27 - Wombat Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so this might seem a little random, but my hubby called me this morning and put a 2007 VW Jetta on hold for us/me at the dealership he works for (he does all of their IT) he wants me to check it out. It's $3,498 with just under 100k miles.
Does anyone here have experience with VW??
I had a 97 Jetta for a few years and loved it.

The only issue I had was radiator which I hear is common, but maybe not with newer models.

Reactions: KellieS23

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ok, so this might seem a little random, but my hubby called me this morning and put a 2007 VW Jetta on hold for us/me at the dealership he works for (he does all of their IT) he wants me to check it out. It's $3,498 with just under 100k miles.
personally i wouldn't purchase any car with that many miles

Reactions: jan

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Personality, Beliefs, and Behaviors Follow Up(~ 48 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Joshua B. Grubbs [A3UQYKR0TGW9RS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.18] [Fast: 4.83] [Comm: 4.52] [Fair: 4.68] [Reviews: 74] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.36/hr] [Pen: 0.03 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$5.00
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Available: 30
Description: An online survey study.
Requirements: Inc: [19-57637] has been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Exc: [1780586-57637] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

D

Deleted member 526

all of a sudden can't get a tax engine. at the same time they added to the batch I was working on. I wonder if some throttling can be explained by hits being added as well as by turkers hamming.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
for real first hit of the day for me was a rickroll,
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/RJOHv"><a href="//imgur.com/RJOHv"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Lol, I got that 11 times last night, kept reloading there...

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Depends on how many owners ... but 10k miles/yr is great!

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

cassius

Reaction score
Yeah, these days it's only good for another 100,000 Oh, it's a volkswagon. That German "folks" car

Reactions: jan

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
all of a sudden can't get a tax engine. at the same time they added to the batch I was working on. I wonder if some throttling can be explained by hits being added as well as by turkers hamming.
No. Probably, most lkely, not.

Reactions: turkLion

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Although it's a bit difficult, I've been watching Ken Burns "The Vietnam War." Listened to interviews with some of the grunts (infantrymen) talking about their experiences over there. One described how he was terrified every minute of every day for the year he was over there: Will my next step, her wondered, lose a leg--or worse--to an anti-personnel mine? Will a Viet Cong pop up on the trail ahead and blow ... my head off? Will the guy next to me--and now a close friend--suddenly drop to the ground like a rock because he's been shot through the head? Gruesome stuff. And I couldn't but think Jesus Christ! or God in Hell, and such like. I don't think I could have been a grunt. No wonder so many of them returned to the states screwed up. VERY educational and well done series, however. TaiGir @TaiGir's post about being "terrified" of taxes brought this to mind.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Detect creaky voice in phrases (~14mins) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Lisa Davidson [A26OUQUY879QP0] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.60
Duration: 40 minutes
Available: 3
Description: Listen to short phrases and determine whether the speakers have produced creaky voice (vocal fry)
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Reactions: Pleco

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Although it's a bit difficult, I've been watching Ken Burns "The Vietnam War." Listened to interviews with some of the grunts (infantrymen) talking about their experiences over there. One described how he was terrified every minute of every day for the year he was over there: Will my next step, her wondered, lose a leg--or worse--to an anti-personnel mine? Will a Viet Cong pop up on the trail ahead and blow ... my head off? Will the guy next to me--and now a close friend--suddenly drop to the ground like a rock because he's been shot through the head? Gruesome stuff. And I couldn't but think Jesus Christ! or God in Hell, and such like. I don't think I could have been a grunt. No wonder so many of them returned to the states screwed up. VERY educational and well done series, however. TaiGir @TaiGir's post about being "terrified" of taxes brought this to mind.
The dichotomy of first world problems is that they don't discount other peoples experiences, even if they do seem trivial in comparison.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

jan

Reaction score
Only 1 owner, and they had it for ten years, so I guess that's a pretty good sign
great price. I have a prius and paid more for it - I think it also had something, something less than 100K. We've driven it up and down the coast 2x and now it's just over 116K. We've had her almost three years and she's never broken down.

Reactions: Ghost Awakening
Status
Not open for further replies.