1/3 - Tech Fail Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to try to get more pennies, but I just wasted a half hour trying to solve this GeoHIVE thing.

Is there even a way to search my existing qualifications? I can't find it if there is because search engines are dumb and can only answer the most popular questions.

I'd rather not read the entire list page by page.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Man I wish I'd got that car repair HIT. I've been working on cars since I was a kid.

Reactions: HelloHello

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to try to get more pennies, but I just wasted a half hour trying to solve this GeoHIVE thing.

Is there even a way to search my existing qualifications? I can't find it if there is because search engines are dumb and can only answer the most popular questions.

I'd rather not read the entire list page by page.
Qualifications, top left of the Mturk site.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Word Feature Rating | Accept
Requester: UPenn Language Processing and Language Development [A3B3O5I2LCNS6N] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.21] [Pay=4.28] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.35] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=2.29] [Fair=4.11] [Reviews=27] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.01] [Pen=3.88 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.44
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer questions about English words.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
This wasn't too long.[/td][/tr]

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Reactions: Despairagus

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
What's the deal with GeoHIVE? I signed up or whatever whenever they had that up. Are they posting HITs?

HelloHello

Reaction score
It's so slow on here, and nothing has broken at work at all. I think I ran out of Candy Crush lives and I've signed up for Prolific. Yesterday I researched all of the Vegas and Ft. Laud restaurants for upcoming trips when it was slow. Reluctantly read the news and scrolled all of the social media I can handle. I may actually start that book I bought for slow times at work that I never cracked open because I discovered mturk. Unless someone else has a good time wasting/filling website I can check out (that is safe for work!).
I do Quick Thoughts when it's slow. It pays for all my streaming services ($1 per survey, usually short) Depending on what device you use you either get iTunes or Amazon codes. - $10 to cash in

Reactions: Kennedy

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I do Quick Thoughts when it's slow. It pays for all my streaming services ($1 per survey, usually short) Depending on what device you use you either get iTunes or Amazon codes. - $10 to cash in
Interesting. Never heard of that. I may look into it.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I suppose the AdsForce are going to remain broken. :rain:

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I used to do e-rewards and Rewards for Opinions for rapid rewards on Southwest, but those surveys tend to be super boring and always consumer oriented, so I am not good at keeping up on those now.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority but I've thought GEOHive has sucked since day one.

I tried that, it didn't seem to do anything at all (except run for a minute and a half). There's so little documentation for scripts it's maddening. I know it's also mostly free, but at least like a quick 1... 2... 3... or something.

I don't even know what the qual is *called*, I'd like to search for the requester name.
You click the little box at the top left of "Qual Sorter: Update"? It's a little hard to see.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
What's the deal with GeoHIVE? I signed up or whatever whenever they had that up. Are they posting HITs?
I got an e-mail saying they believe the website is working properly for registrations now, but their web expert is off until next week.

I still have no idea whether I have the qual or not because the hits are hidden so I can't tell if they're just not there or if I still don't have the qual, whatever it is.

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
speaking about scripts, there was a script that added a little yellow bar to the top of hits and allowed you to hit enter to submit hits, no matter where you were on the page. you could program it to do other things. anyone know what i'm taking about? i cant find it again

Reactions: Merovign

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority but I've thought GEOHive has sucked since day one.

You click the little box at the top left of "Qual Sorter: Update"? It's a little hard to see.
Well, I don't have Vickys or Alexandrias or anything so I'm trying to get *something* to get me above a bucky fiddy today.

I ran the update. It ran. Little progress thing. Didn't apparently do anything else.

I just want to export this info so I can search it without loading each page on mTurk one by one and reading everything one by one. Maybe that's impossible.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I got an e-mail saying they believe the website is working properly for registrations now, but their web expert is off until next week.

I still have no idea whether I have the qual or not because the hits are hidden so I can't tell if they're just not there or if I still don't have the qual, whatever it is.
I got an email saying they were going to post a qualification hit on mturk and they would let me know - they indicated a week or so away

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Someone give me late birthday/Christmas/New Years money please. K thanks.

Reactions: lobo925
Status
Not open for further replies.