HIT Time: 16 mins

Title: Acoustic quality testAccept
Requester: Christopher Liberatore [A14C1LOBO4J7BH] Contact
TV: $20.34/hr TO: n/a
Reward: $4.50
Duration: 03:00:00
Available: 1
Description: A test for evaluating the acoustic quality of speech samples
Qualifications: American Accent Pretest GreaterThanOrEqualTo 3; Fall2019.TASLP.Complete DoesNotExist

Reactions: Blakkat

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I only need two $500 hits to reach my goal today of $1003.72
It was before my time but I heard stories from the old timers of these $300 HITs that took less than an hour.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
If only the AL Wild Card game tomorrow night can be as exciting as tonight's NL Wild Card game!

Reactions: XWarrior

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
C to the J @C to the J wont let me quote but:

1) But I'm not trying to make new work for @@ChrisTurk

Please do. I get relatively less & less feedback nowadays as the list of "pls fix" gets slightly shorter. I mean, in most cases I can't fix stupid but usually either I can make a workaround (which luckily in this case is already implemented) or figure it out somehow.

2) Is there anything @@ChrisTurk can't do

Definitely can't believe it's not butter. Still positive that commercial is a damn lie.

Tjololo

Reaction score

Happy Halloween everyone! Who wants to play a game?

Who here remembers the golden age of Turk, when requesters paid >$10/hr and batches proliferated, where sharing was the name of the game and autoaccept was a myth like bigfoot? Who here remembers the frustration of the October turk season, when hits were scarce and fighting abounded.

Who remembers trick or treat hits?

That's right, after what, 3 years? I'm running my trick or treat hits again! It's a little different this time, more details will come, but until then the best part: QUAL TESTS!

In order to participate in this event you'll need my qualification. Instructions for getting it are below. I auto-approve qual requests every 2 minutes (assuming you get the password correct), if you get a rejection or you don't get it after a while contact me and we can work it out. I'll be posting this again to make sure everyone has it before the first batch goes live. Happy Halloween!

Qual Test Instructions:

The F is a trick or treat hit?

Hit structure. NOTE: Different this years

As usual, this is a testing thing and may break. Please be patient with me as I work through the kinks of the new interface and new mturk SDK. If you have problems let me know.

Happy Halloween Everypony!
In case there's active people now who weren't active before, reposting this. I'll post it again over the next few days in preparation for the first round of hits.

Tjololo

Reaction score
This year I've written a script to email everyone with the qual so I can actually give "Hey hits are going up soon" notifications :D

Reactions: Itsmee and XWarrior

TurkSerf

Totally
Reaction score
It was before my time but I heard stories from the old timers of these $300 HITs that took less than an hour.
I have no idea but it makes me wonder what requesters are making off workers. I can't imagine business/schools/ etc wanting to have people fill out surveys and expecting good data for less than $1 every 10 minutes.

Reactions: C to the J

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
In case there's active people now who weren't active before, reposting this. I'll post it again over the next few days in preparation for the first round of hits.
This is my first Halloween as a turker so I didn't know about the existance of this until today but I thank you for the opportunity to participate and have some fun. I received your "qual granted" email and now I'm looking forward to trying to grab some of your HITs.

Tjololo

Reaction score
This is my first Halloween as a turker so I didn't know about the existance of this until today but I thank you for the opportunity to participate and have some fun. I received your "qual granted" email and now I'm looking forward to trying to grab some of your HITs.
Hopefully you'll enjoy it. I only have about $100 to work with, so the batches aren't going to be as big as others may be used to, but I'll try to make sure there's enough for everyone. It's always been a lot of fun in previous years, hopefully it'll be good this year too.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Hopefully you'll enjoy it. I only have about $100 to work with, so the batches aren't going to be as big as others may
yep, but it's still a gracious gesture, even if only funded with $100.

If this is as fun as I'm anticipating, I might have to get with you if my Amazon stock ever starts paying dividends.

Reactions: Tjololo
Status
Not open for further replies.