10/06 - Funny Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
I had to kill my outdoor basil plant because it was infected with mildew while I was too busy to baby it. I feel like a murderer.
No sweat. Go to a large garden supplier --or order seeds--and get a butch of new ones. I used to plant a number of different basils in my rose garden, all amongst the roses. Some basil for cooking, most just for the curious scents. Had a tall Australian one with little bright green leaves that smelled like cinnamon.

nana

Contributor
Reaction score
kryss @kryss not sure if you remember but yesterday I was having an issue with js on the forum, can log in on different browser and different computer so something on my laptop has changed. Hoping someone on the forum can help me figure this out. This is what I see when I open inspect elements -

Anyone have suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kryss and Kerek

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning all. How's everyone's day?

They're going to be doing fire alarm testing in my complex between 10-4, so turking should be extra fun today :howaboutno:

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else just get the wrong Smeeble qual from Kenny Smith? I should be getting Day 4 and he just gave me Day 3 again.
He gave me day three too but I was still able to accept day 4, are you able to also?

EDIT: It says day 3 on the HIT so I guess day 3 works for day 4 :)

Last edited:

Achilles2357

Reaction score
He gave me day three too but I was still able to accept day 4, are you able to also?

EDIT: It says day 3 on the HIT so I guess day 3 works for day 4 :)
Actually, it looks like Day 4 is now available to me. That'll probably be my best hit of the day.

Reactions: micky and Kat8mouse

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm so bored

Anyone else going to try to get szechuan sauce tomorrow?

Reactions: SleepComa

Special K

Reaction score
Good morning! So, whelp.. As a turking newbie, I'm curious, do those of you who make decent $$ off this do it in addition to another job, or in place of another job? I'm still trying to get to my first 1,000 hits. Does it get any easier once I reach that 1k goal? I'm trying to find large batches of hits to get me there, but the idea of typing 187 words for $0.02 is daunting. I work full time 4 days/week and have a 14 month old toddler to keep me busy in the evenings so I'm trying to use my nights + my Fridays off to catch up but 1k still feels sooo far away! Ha. Otherwise I'm having trouble figuring out which tasks are worthwhile to do when I'm available.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions on issues in the US | PANDA
Requester: Gabe Madson [A22PHSFL3Y8HB9] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 0.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Participate in a survey being conducted by researchers at Duke University. You will be asked a number of questions about you and your opinions on issues in the United States
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 53
Reward: $2.80
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 80;Location is US

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Good morning! So, whelp.. As a turking newbie, I'm curious, do those of you who make decent $$ off this do it in addition to another job, or in place of another job? I'm still trying to get to my first 1,000 hits. Does it get any easier once I reach that 1k goal? I'm trying to find large batches of hits to get me there, but the idea of typing 187 words for $0.02 is daunting. I work full time 4 days/week and have a 14 month old toddler to keep me busy in the evenings so I'm trying to use my nights + my Fridays off to catch up but 1k still feels sooo far away! Ha. Otherwise I'm having trouble figuring out which tasks are worthwhile to do when I'm available.
It gets easier the more hits you do, you learn to judge what's good and what's not. More hits do open up at 1k, then 5k.

turkLion

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.42] [Fast: 4.74] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 56] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.00/hr] [Pen: 0.13 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.10
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Demographics survey
Requirements: None;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

jan

Reaction score
ctraltDel @Delimon
I had to kill my outdoor basil plant because it was infected with mildew while I was too busy to baby it. I feel like a murderer.
:hug:
That plant will feed the soil and eventually help another plant. :zen:
(I hate when plants die, too - so I understand)

Last edited:

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
1000 hits seems like a lot but you will be there before you know it. I know I felt like I would never get there & now I'm at 32,000 completed hits. I had to do a lot of penny hits that I didn't think were worth my time to get there. Then the next goal was 5,000 so more hits would be available to me. I work full time and try to get in what I can. When I was trying to get my numbers up I spent hours on my day off trying to get there. Just keep at it.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions on issues in the US | PANDA
Requester: Gabe Madson [A22PHSFL3Y8HB9] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 0.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Participate in a survey being conducted by researchers at Duke University. You will be asked a number of questions about you and your opinions on issues in the United States
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 53
Reward: $2.80
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 80;Location is US
20 cent pay cut from yesterday :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.