10/06 - Funny Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Was anyone able to get this HIT to work:
Are humans or robots better teachers?

Dr. Brent Morgan

Keeps saying I dont have Javascript and cookies enabled or errored. I have triple checked even with my techy husband and no luck. Posted around late last night and caught it an hour ago. Any help appreciated.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
^^ Yep I did a lot of these to get numbers up. :jackolantern:
I did as well but returned ones that had WAY to much stuff or foreign addresses.

Reactions: Kat8mouse

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Here's a noob question for you fine folks: When I'm running PANDA's, I do so in separate Chrome tabs with an auto-refresher on them (at like 5-30 secs, depending on the reward amount). I can only have so many running before I start getting "You have exceeded the maximum number of requests" messages, and most of the time it's hit-or-miss on whether or not they'll actually catch the HIT they're after.

So my question is, am I doing this stupidly? Any thoughts?

Appreciate your time!
That's probably one of the less efficient ways to go about it. Install tampermonkey in your browser then get something like Panda Crazy (https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19168-jr-mturk-panda-crazy), it'll work a lot better

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions on issues in the US | PANDA
Requester: Gabe Madson [A22PHSFL3Y8HB9] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Participate in a survey being conducted by researchers at Duke University. You will be asked a number of questions about you and your opinions on issues in the United States
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 3
Reward: $2.80
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 80; Location is US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.3.8
under 10 min distracted

Cepheus_

Reaction score

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Thanks! Will a script like that make it so that I can run a lot more PANDAs without running into the "Maximum number of requests" thing?
I recommend running a max of 6 pandas, people usually do far less. The more you have the more PRE's you are going to get.

muffin

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Shopping Decision Study(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Columbia Business School Behavioral Research [AECA6W3316INS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.27] [Fast: 4.84] [Comm: 4.40] [Fair: 4.89] [Reviews: 65] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $4.62/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Brief behavioral study; approximately 3-5 minutes; $0.50 payment
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; f7d79294 has not been granted; 96bf7d76 has not been granted; 463dfae0 has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
~3 minutes with a break to look out the window and reflect on how miserable I am.

Special K

Reaction score
Hi this is a great question!

-As for me, I mostly make money off usertesting.com, mturk, and a cashier job I work on the weekends since online work is slow on the weekends.

-usertesting.com is a great site to use (10.00 tests for 15 min), but when u first sign up, u don't get that many tests (maybe 1 a day).

-As for mturk, if you want to make money, the best thing to do is to pay attention to the forum! Look at what hits were all talking about and pay attention to what tools we use, what qualification hits are posted, which hits are good time vs money, etc. Its HARD to find good hits because the good jobs go so fast!

-It DOES get easier once you reach that 1000, but dont focus on that. Focus on being able to catch the good hits that you can do right now. 1000 hits will come eventually.

-I use a tool called tampermoney on the chrome browser that lets me add scripts. (found on the chrome add on store)

-I use a tool called hitscraper to keep track of every new batch and survey that comes up. (found on greasyfork.com (EDIT greasyfork.org !!!!) , which is where you can find all the other scripts)

-I use a tool called hitmonitor to save my favorite requesters so that if they post, I'll know within 5 seconds.

- your hours will make it a little harder because most of the good work is up during business hours (M-F 8am-7pm) but stick with the forum and you will be fine.

-As far as which specific tasks pay the best, they are ALWAYS changing, so thats why I say once again, pay attention to what we are currently talking about on the forum :)
Thank you for all the tips!!

S @Special K
These approve quickly.
Title: Business Card Transcription | PANDA
Requester: Jimmy Dragon [A3QE67P6HAD0X3] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.60 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.71 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.96 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.96 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 251
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Given an image of a business card, please extract all data fields present.
Time: 10 minutes
Hits Available: 89
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: None
Wheee thank you.

And to everyone who mentioned the p9r hits, I have been doing those! No rejections yet - knock on wood...

Reactions: thedorchannel
Status
Not open for further replies.