10/07 - Frugal Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maeleahmae

Reaction score
Alright guys. With Atticus at his dad's it is just too damn lonely and sad here. Going to go hang out with some family for a bit and try not to think about those 9 Nelsons I did that may or may not be rejected :fearscream:
I have an Atticus too!

Reactions: <Gucci>

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Getting stones AF because the hubs challenged me to smoke out and have a taco eating contest
My wife is finishing up a 12 hour shift, so I'm at home making dinner for our girls, then I'll get them bathed and in bed by 8:30PM... So pretty much the opposite of what you're doing tonight! Have fun!

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Anyone have some recommendations for noise cancelling headphones?
Are you looking for active noise cancelling headphones or can you make do with passive ones? Active noise cancellation will introduce sounds to cancel out other sounds around you so you don't hear anything, with passive noise cancellation you can get a pair of earbuds that will fit snugly and block or dampen most outside noise, and those can be dirt cheap.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
My wife is finishing up a 12 hour shift, so I'm at home making dinner for our girls, then I'll get them bathed and in bed by 8:30PM... So pretty much the opposite of what you're doing tonight! Have fun!
You are a great husband and father! Way to step up.

emily

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to function without him. I work part time teaching/doing archaeology, I turk everyday, I am a full time grad student working on a PhD, and we have a 3 yr old. The very least I can do is accept his taco challenges... Oh and put the little one to sleep tonight (I lost the nerf battle this week)

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
I know that feel. My wife left for a 12 hour shift around 6:30pm and i just got mine to sleep.

Reactions: <Gucci> and emily

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If I didn't quote you, I'm terrible sorry. Give me something I can quote and can reply too. I'm curious after so many quotes if something goes haywire (like I won't be able to quote certain lines, people, or number of words, or limit my reply.) I honestly wasn't trying to see the limit on how many I could quote and reply too. Plus, their is a certain someone who doesn't like multi-quote. I hope I'm your friend at the end of all these quotes. Here we Go:

I apologize for not putting a spoiler, I was unsure if the persons would know if I quoted them.

"Dingus" now that's a word I haven't heard in a while. Sweet.

*Dreams of Gears of War 4

Dam, those people I tell you.

Wohooo. That sounds lovely. Ice Caramel Coffee, I'm assuming this is not the frappe? Now I want a Vanilla Bean Frappe with a Coffee Cake blended in!

What movie did you rent, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes! This is true. Why settle for ordinary when everyday could be EXTRAORDINARY!

I don't know what's happening here, but I wanted to quote this line. Cary on!

Sweeeeeet! What kind of cake did you have? Oppps too late. I was too slow and you probably already replied in your new post.

Still only done the tutorial for Cstats. Dang It.

Dam Peachy! I'm sorry to hear that. Don't look at it. Stop!

That is brutal. Wohooo, I'm hoping you will be on the side of the team if their was discrepancies with those texts.

Yes! Liz @Liz Rocks!

Some of those were weird. Again, ignore my message. I was trying to see quote cap.

I'm currently not working, but was typing to your previous post.

Uhhhh. Red Velvet Cupcake sounds great. But would be better? A Red Velvet Cupcake shake!

Dam! This hubby of yours is AWESOME. Let me know who wins the tacos competition.

No way. No such thing. Wait, their was that time I eat too much 3 Leches cakes.

Hey! So much can happen in 15 minutes. I went from 3 dollars to higher single digits in 15 minutes. Time is on your side.

Yeah Roscoe E Goldchain @Roscoe E Goldchain don't talk about too much cake.

Ewww! Pumpkin Spice Cake. Make the real thing!

See my reply above! I didn't think it was either.

Just as predictive. You did reply about what type of cake you eat, but was too late in receiving your response. Carrot. I'm in. Ice Cream! That sounds like a treat.

I agree. Carrot Cake does have a vegetable in it.

I know. It sucks. At least my one digit earnings are higher.

What are we scared off?

I don't even know what is going on here. I'm trying to reach the quote cap. I hope their is enough time tho.

Rejections suck. However, they are battle scares. Wear them proud. Just make sure to stay with your 99.9 Hit Approval. You're doing great, keep at it!

I kinda lost what you said. However, since you are the last message I quoted, I decided to at least reply and state I read it.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little hurt that I wasn't quoted in this post.

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I will be up until who knows when, because my 19 year old son is out with friends and it just doesn't feel right until momma bird has all her birdies in the nest. It still feels weird knowing my daughter won't be coming home to sleep in her bedroom unless it's to visit. Just struggling a little with my birdies growing up tonight.

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I will be up until who knows when, because my 19 year old son is out with friends and it just doesn't feel right until momma bird has all her birdies in the nest. It still feels weird knowing my daughter won't be coming home to sleep in her bedroom unless it's to visit. Just struggling a little with my birdies growing up tonight.
19 year old son?? But you're only in your 20's?

Reactions: Peachy and <Gucci>

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to function without him. I work part time teaching/doing archaeology, I turk everyday, I am a full time grad student working on a PhD, and we have a 3 yr old. The very least I can do is accept his taco challenges... Oh and put the little one to sleep tonight (I lost the nerf battle this week)
Best wishes for you on finishing up your degree.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you looking for active noise cancelling headphones or can you make do with passive ones? Active noise cancellation will introduce sounds to cancel out other sounds around you so you don't hear anything, with passive noise cancellation you can get a pair of earbuds that will fit snugly and block or dampen most outside noise, and those can be dirt cheap.
Hm. I didn't know there were even two options. I would prefer over-the-ear headphones simply because I find them to be more comfortable than earbuds. With active noise cancellation, what kind of sounds do they introduce? Honestly, I just want a decent pair that enable me not to hear people. But when I look at Amazon, reviews are all over the place.

Reactions: Pleco

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score

Just put my flag up yesterday!!
The Cubs are the favorite and even year bullshit exists. What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: Liz

MostlyConfused

Reaction score
My baby is 9, she still doesn't sleep through the night. Therefore I am a pro with those babies that still wake up at night, hint hint.
I feel like this will be me! My oldest (not yet 3) still gets up 1-3x every night (once this week she got up at 2:30am and stayed up...till 11:30am when she FINALLY passed out, I may have forced it), and my "baby" at 16.5 months is up 3-5x EVERY night, sometimes she gets up as early as 5:30.
No, it's cool, kids, mommy functions fine on 3-4 hours of sleep a pot of coffee and later a bottle of wine! 'Sall good.

Reactions: Liz
Status
Not open for further replies.