10/09 - So This Is Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope this is allowed...but before finding turk I was an avid swagbuck users ( 6+ years) and I have no motivation to use the site anymore only making $2-3 a day which I can sometimes make in a matter of minutes on MTurk...but those of you that still use SB, do you just run Ncraves in the background while you turk?
I still run everything and click in between hits. If you're going to be in front of a computer anyway there's no harm in it.

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
I still run everything and click in between hits. If you're going to be in front of a computer anyway there's no harm in it.
I never thought of it that way- We always used SB mainly for ITUNES giftcards anyway- thanks!

Reactions: nopoopwarez

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope this is allowed...but before finding turk I was an avid swagbuck users ( 6+ years) and I have no motivation to use the site anymore only making $2-3 a day which I can sometimes make in a matter of minutes on MTurk...but those of you that still use SB, do you just run Ncraves in the background while you turk?
Maybe helpful. :) http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/swagbucks.56/

Reactions: YAHU

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the trick for doing lots of zoltars when you decide you'd rather sleep? thanks.
Connect to the computer-brain interface and do them in your sleep.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how to tap into this interface so I can transcribe and watch Netflix at the same time.
I experimented for a while with left ear/right ear audio channels to transcribe with one ear and listen to music or watch a show with the other ear. I was marginally successful but it gave me headaches.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
edit: oops quotes:
Connect to the computer-brain interface and do them in your sleep.
Still trying to figure out how to tap into this interface so I can transcribe and watch Netflix at the same time.
Awesome. I'll get to work on this; it's a little slow. So I'm thinking a drill, and some wires and I'll be set.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatty

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I experimented for a while with left ear/right ear audio channels to transcribe with one ear and listen to music or watch a show with the other ear. I was marginally successful but it gave me headaches.
I'm able to think of different things and have an inner monologue in my mind with myself about stuff while transcribing simultaneously but that's about it. But that can be helpful at least when I'm needing to spend some time thinking through or planning something.

Reactions: T. Leela and Blue

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm able to think of different things and have an inner monologue in my mind with myself about stuff while transcribing simultaneously but that's about it. But that can be helpful at least when I'm needing to spend some time thinking through or planning something.
Yeah, that's kind of what made me think I could do it. Since I didn't need to actually process what was being said in the transcription I was free to use those mental faculties to follow a show. Didn't work so well when the accent was really heavy and the audio was recorded with a potato. In the end... giving myself a migraine just wasn't worth it, it was fun trying though.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't watch tv and turk at the same time.
i tried doing that to watch luke cage last week, but it still took like 5 hours to watch two episodes, between pausing so I can pay attention to stuff [quick timers especially]

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Transcribe short audio clips | PANDA
Requester: RaceNote [A32GFUJKHZD9QK] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.50 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.75 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.67 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 4 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Transcribe multiple audio clips of about sentence length
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Masters has been granted

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Lasse J. Jessen for work related to 3HRWUH63QUIK83C6011LFT3B8J75N0.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Dear mTurker, a while ago you completed the HIT 'Checking digitized entries from a list of ID numbers' for us, and we mentioned that a third person would allocate a bonus payment between you and another worker. This third person has decided to allocate $3 to you and $3 to the other worker. We have now made these payments accordingly. Thank you again for your participation in the HIT and best regards.

One of those long forgotten bonuses I had given up hope on.

chuchotant

I made that batch faaamous
Reaction score
You can make an ahk script that automatically sizes your window and places it in a certain space on your screen. This would allow you to use hotkeys for your mouse clicks to static window coordinates instead of moving your mouse, shaving off even more time. Caveat: I don't do zoltars, no idea if anything in the hit is ever subject to change in layout due to size or other variables.
TurkingMaster @TurkingMaster exhibit #1, Here we have a heavyhitter in his natural habitat exhibiting that rare spoken language known as scriptspeak. Scriptspeakers take it for granted that everyone else knows what the hell they are talking about. They are usually the most helpful turkers. Its just that...they are difficult to understand. We appreciate them all the same.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Lasse J. Jessen for work related to 3HRWUH63QUIK83C6011LFT3B8J75N0.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Dear mTurker, a while ago you completed the HIT 'Checking digitized entries from a list of ID numbers' for us, and we mentioned that a third person would allocate a bonus payment between you and another worker. This third person has decided to allocate $3 to you and $3 to the other worker. We have now made these payments accordingly. Thank you again for your participation in the HIT and best regards.

One of those long forgotten bonuses I had given up hope on.
You deserved the full $6 :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.