10/10 - Match Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score
I find it weird that a roommate had his account suspended a while back. Logged into MTurk, messaged them about possibly reopening it today. Then, I'm suddenly suspended just a few minutes ago. Find it so weird. Def not due to blocks.
They had some issues with shops in India, most I've heard is they will ask for proof of account which can be pretty strict if you or your room mate are on a visa etc.

TheGreatOne

Reaction score
6 weeks isn't that new. I would email them and ask. Maybe they will give you a non-generic response.

Have you received any blocks from requesters?
I've received one block. However, I've come to know that when a person is suspended from blocks, they will suspend in the morning. This was a spontaneous suspension that happened about 45 mins ago.

TheGreatOne

Reaction score
They had some issues with shops in India, most I've heard is they will ask for proof of account which can be pretty strict if you or your room mate are on a visa etc.
I've provided a drivers license (US citizen) and utility bill to them. This is weird.

Reactions: C to the J

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score
I've provided a drivers license (US citizen) and utility bill to them. This is weird.
I mean they will ask for social security/bank info etc. from both of you & if one ignores or misses the message they may suspend all on the ip until they make sure all the accounts are legit.

TheGreatOne

Reaction score
I mean they will ask for social security/bank info etc. from both of you & if one ignores or misses the message they may suspend all on the ip until they make sure all the accounts are legit.
The other person's account was suspended due to blocks. However, I can certainly provide SS, bank info, etc though.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
At this point, since I already got a replacement, they offer to fix my second Shark. I have to pay for shipping it there and back. I might as well just buy a different brand.
Bummer. Hate it when stuff like that happens.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Been turking about 6 weeks. 47,000 HITs submitted. One thing I didn't have on Payments and I just realized it is: didn't add a credit card. Did add a bank account though.
what? six weeks? 47 how many? are you really the Rock or what?

Reactions: ecko
D

Deleted member 526

Been turking about 6 weeks. 47,000 HITs submitted. One thing I didn't have on Payments and I just realized it is: didn't add a credit card. Did add a bank account though.
that's less than 10,000 per week. I submit over that amount per week pretty often. that might have set off some red flags because you're new though? idk why, because it probably just means you did a lot of penny batches. I'm doing customer interests rn. I can easily max out on those, make $38.00 turn in 3,800 hits in a day.

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score
The other person's account was suspended due to blocks. However, I can certainly provide SS, bank info, etc though.
Check out the map on this community survey https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/2016survey/ many workers are from India, specifically southern & most are not individual accounts shops or my suspicion companies with labor forces that have successfully negotiated directly with Amazon. Amazon the company is very worried about these rogue shops because it could pop up on vice or cnn etc. and they would have to close the whole thing down. So having multiple accounts with the same ip is for sure going to worry them a bit. Never hurts to just change your ip.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
what? six weeks? 47 how many? are you really the Rock or what?
Is it necessary to have a credit card it you have a bank account?

TheGreatOne

Reaction score
that's less than 10,000 per week. I submit over that amount per week pretty often. that might have set off some red flags because you're new though? idk why, because it probably just means you did a lot of penny batches. I'm doing customer interests rn. I can easily max out on those, make $38.00 turn in 3,800 hits in a day.
Yea, I'm thinking it may have set off a red flag. I'm hoping that's the case, that way there's a high likelihood they reinstate my account. This sucks :(.

Reactions: Deleted member 526

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to try to cap on CI's before this batch dies. It's dropping pretty quickly now.

Reactions: Cmoney

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been here since may, pretty much all day most days, I was so impressed with myself clearing 30,000. I think I should stop that.
Going to try to cap on CI's before this batch dies. It's dropping pretty quickly now.
Shhh! :rage:

Reactions: Deleted member 526
Status
Not open for further replies.