10/21 - Suspiria Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
lemme restate what I meant since there seems to be confusion. I'm not talking about the mechanics, IE coding, how to gather hits, how to script, how to add extensions ect, Im talking about how the experience for a new turker is, and the limitations compared to someones that been turking since "2008".. If we are talking about work ethnics that depends on the individual for any job not just turking. You get what you put into it.. But like most jobs seniority reigns supreme. I can see how you guys talk to each other, this environment reminds me of being in a break room , and the old workers are conversation, laughing, showing pics ect, while the new workers are staring at the microwave waiting for their top ramen to finish. Just how it works online or irl...
Well yeah obviously an experienced turker will make more than a new one.

D

Deleted member 526

lemme restate what I meant since there seems to be confusion. I'm not talking about the mechanics, IE coding, how to gather hits, how to script, how to add extensions ect, Im talking about how the experience for a new turker is, and the limitations compared to someones that been turking since "2008".. If we are talking about work ethnics that depends on the individual for any job not just turking. You get what you put into it.. But like most jobs seniority reigns supreme. I can see how you guys talk to each other, this environment reminds me of being in a break room , and the old workers are conversation, laughing, showing pics ect, while the new workers are staring at the microwave waiting for their top ramen to finish. Just how it works online or irl...
just fyi we heart newb's. we've just worked together for longer. I've heard this before. you are 100% welcome and we like you being here.

jan

Reaction score
everyone has a learning curve with mturk - you're right. Some learn faster than others (I'm really slow :).

And lots more drop out after a few weeks, or just pop back online and work sporadically. But you are right, starting out is hard. It takes time. -
(and we're here to help:baseball:

Last edited:

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
I started turking like, August 2016 I think???? and made like $70 between then and April? 2017 when I joined this forum. Since April, and I quit from like??? mid summer to now, I've made over $700. I didn't even have 1000 HITs completed when I joined here. Now I have almost 10k. This forum saved me lmao

Tcs757

Head of the Better Bird Bureau
Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno man, I'm relatively new around here and these people still like my posts and reply to me for some weird reason. Considering this is the internet we're talking about, this place is pretty welcoming.

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
I dunno man, I'm relatively new around here and these people still like my posts and reply to me for some weird reason. Considering this is the internet we're talking about, this place is pretty welcoming.
I'm talking to you right now because I think you should know that I love your derpy avatar. :giggle:

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
All that stuff you are ruling out is exactly what makes an experienced turker an experienced turker. If you rule all of that out you are basically chopping off everything that gives experience its advantage. There is no experience that makes you more capable of catching a hit with a panda than someone else... being familiar with your coworkers doesn't make it easier to make money, quite the contrary, people who post a lot make less money because they aren't working. There is a high turnover on requesters... so having good quals is generally a temporary advantage and pretty much everyone is eligible to get the quals when qual batches post. What makes me money is my willingness to shut the fuck up and work while I actively think about better ways to get that work done. All of those scripts that are being handed to new workers... those are directly linked to someone actively thinking about HOW they work and how they could make it better/faster/more-efficient and then having the work ethic to develop the skills to get that done.

Last edited:

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
You are assuming I am making statements to you with a reply to someones post that I agreed with o_O Yes new is hard in anything in life. If you have any specific questions then shoot em at me and others. Week to week or even day to day at times some of turk is like being new to everyone with how often things change with req's coming and going etc etc.

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

jan

Reaction score
Title: A simple 10 minute consumer survey | PANDA
Requester: JGSB Marketing [AP8RFL045S5ST] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 2.33 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.93 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.57 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.44 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 73
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Only qualified adults can take this survey. This survey consists of different tasks including making a choice and giving your opinion about a specific issue.
Time: 45 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.90
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

jan

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.