10/24 - Tenebre Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
What Amazon (or any retailer/bank/business/etc.) says and the actual processing time is are two different things. They use that as a buffer between their normal processing time and times when issues like this come up. Acting like there's nothing wrong when something very out of the ordinary happens is just turning a blind eye.
Did you currently have an issue with payments? You can try calling amazon payments and then your bank to see if something is going on.

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
I just want to say I hate Mturk and my bank.
I think we can all agree on that. But according to cassius we all have to just bend over and take it, because they're too big and we can't do anything because reasons. So I guess we should never try and fulfill his defeatist attitude.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Having a heck of a time with Overwatch this morning: keeps telling me "Overwatch has been halted, please check your loggin status on both sites.
You may have to open a new worker.mturk page and then refresh."

But I'm logged into: //worker.mturk.com .......... //www.mturk.com....... and Overwatch is logged into //worker.mturk.com/overwatch

I've cleared my cookies, rebooted the computer, and refreshed all of the above 'addresses.' But OW keeps giving me the "Overwatch has been halted..." message.

Any ideas?

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Assessing Readiness to Change Self-Injury | PANDA
Requester: Julia [A1TBOFUQK4BDG6] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
If you self-injure or have a history of self-injury, we want to learn more about your behavior, changing behaviors, and recovery from self-injury.
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: None;

Reactions: 4ourfuture

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I think we can all agree on that. But according to cassius we all have to just bend over and take it, because they're too big and we can't do anything because reasons. So I guess we should never try and fulfill his defeatist attitude.
Jaded already asked you to stop, you can have the discussion without personal attacks.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Live Jury Study - Help on a Real Case(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: John Campbell [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.75] [Fair: 3.80] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 2.90]
Description:
This is a study about a real case. It requires 15-20 minutes of close reading, answering questions about yourself, and answering questions about the case. It includes ATTENTION CHECKS to make sure the case is read carefully. Those who do not pass the basic attention chceks will not be paid Only proceed if you are ok with these terms.
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 18
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1915152291-61819] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 70; Location In US;
ok wish me luck, im going in

edit

Time: 22:19
Hourly: $10.75

could be done faster!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kliq and themildone

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
Did you currently have an issue with payments? You can try calling amazon payments and then your bank to see if something is going on.
Just that one from Sunday. The Monday one went through like normal. I know for a fact though that if I call either, they're going to quote that "5-7 days," which is why I haven't contacted them.

I just had something like this happen with PayPal about a month ago. Their near-instant transfer for .25 never went through, for days. When I called their customer service, their CSR acted as if there was no problem, since it could take "between 30 (minutes?) and 14 days" or something to that effect. She was literally reciting from memory, rather than actually thinking about the issue - that the "guaranteed in 30 minutes or less" transfer hadn't transferred for days. The second CSR, the next day, "resolved" the issue by simply rejecting the transfer and putting the money back in my account. Haven't had problems since, but damn it...the combination of issues and a lack of assistance from the people who are there *specifically to assist us* is the most frustrating part. Knowing that they are damn sure not going to try to help, in all likelihood.

Reactions: kryss
Status
Not open for further replies.