Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So I did this really painful survey on Prolific like a month ago. A few days ago they sent me an exit survey for it and said that payment for the first survey won't be made until the exit survey is completed. The exit survey is going to take longer than the original survey...debating on whether I should take my first rejection on the platform and just tell them to bugger off.
Do the research and find their personal phone number.
Call them and tell them to fuck off.

BskiCHI

Reaction score
So did anyone get rejections from that requester last night 'Wen Zhou' with those 'Knowledge about bonobos' hits?

Feedback
According to our record, you answered a similar survey (knowledge about bonobos or knowledge about wolves) before. According to the instruction which we described to you before you started doing this assignment, we want someone who did not do a similar survey in 2 weeks. For this reason,we cannot approve your work. I am very sorry for this and I hope you have a good day.

Is this requester drunk? They all were different and I never took a survey from him lol.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So did anyone get rejections from that requester last night 'Wen Zhou' with those 'Knowledge about bonobos' hits?

Feedback
According to our record, you answered a similar survey (knowledge about bonobos or knowledge about wolves) before. According to the instruction which we described to you before you started doing this assignment, we want someone who did not do a similar survey in 2 weeks. For this reason,we cannot approve your work. I am very sorry for this and I hope you have a good day.

Is this requester drunk? They all were different and I never took a survey from him lol.
Oh noooo I just did the bonobo one! Well, fingers crossed I guess.

Reactions: BskiCHI

jan

Reaction score
Title: Questionnaire(~ 11 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CFCresearch [A2V24PZ9NBFD6A] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.90] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.92] [Fast=4.63] [Comm=4.50] [Fair=4.50] [Reviews=25] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.56] [Pen=1.50 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 10800
Available: 28
Description: survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [92157674-111947] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: A 10 min study about beliefs and product evaluations | Accept
Requester: Independent Research [A9UMEMCNF100S] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.36] [Pay=3.36] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.32] [Fast=4.62] [Comm=3.71] [Fair=4.86] [Reviews=125] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=undefined] [Pen=66600] [Res=0,0,10] [Rec=2,7,10] [Rej=0,4,10] [ToS=0,10] [Brk=1,10]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1200
Available: 1
Description: A 10 min study about beliefs and product evaluations
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
A little off subject but I am curious and could use some other opinions....whether any of you have kids in Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts or not...what do you think of girls being in boy scouts? I don't know if they are doing the same thing to Girls Scouts but I had heard they were now putting girls in Boy Scouts and I just took my son to his first Cub scout meeting last night. There were girls there but there also was not a single male leader for any of the groups.
To me it seems odd, probably because it has always been boys in boys scouts and girls in girl scouts but now they don't even have guys leading the boy scouts? There are a couple other troops in our area I am going to consider, just don't know why they had to change everything. Is there something wrong with only girls in girl scouts and only boys in boy scouts? I don't get it...
Over time, the GS could really suffer. As the mother of a girl (and she did scouting for a couple of years)
I saw it as a good/progressive organization. I'd hate to think that GS was going to go under because the BS took it over. Girls need places where their voice is the most prominent (imo) - esp. in the formative years.

jan

Reaction score

Feedback

I remember a similar one floating around like a year or more ago. I didn't look at this one, though

Reactions: BskiCHI

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
A little off subject but I am curious and could use some other opinions....whether any of you have kids in Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts or not...what do you think of girls being in boy scouts? I don't know if they are doing the same thing to Girls Scouts but I had heard they were now putting girls in Boy Scouts and I just took my son to his first Cub scout meeting last night. There were girls there but there also was not a single male leader for any of the groups.
To me it seems odd, probably because it has always been boys in boys scouts and girls in girl scouts but now they don't even have guys leading the boy scouts? There are a couple other troops in our area I am going to consider, just don't know why they had to change everything. Is there something wrong with only girls in girl scouts and only boys in boy scouts? I don't get it...
When I was a kid, my dad was a scout leader and I was in the girl scouts. His troop was MASSIVE and had multiple leaders (or whatever the extra adults are called) and about half of them were women.

I was CRAZY lucky to have an amazing girl scout leader, but I've come to learn that not everyone got so lucky and their troops were more like "arts and crafts and sleepovers, yay!" and less "Here is how to tie a knot! Here is now to shoot a gun! Let's go camping!" so I think that's where the girls getting into boy scouts is coming from, they want like... a real scouting experience.

I wish there was a mixed group (like kid-scouts or something) so that boy and girl scouts could stay separate, but man, idk. I'm just glad scouting is still alive!

Last edited:
Reactions: Minx2121 and jan

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
I hate when requesters reject for doing a similar hit. Do they not realize that we don't have away to check every single hit we've ever done and that some of us do hundreds of hits a day? It's easy for them to put an ID checker in their freakin hits.

keladry2009

Reaction score
does anyone know how to get the askanswerqual? Rowan Zellers is doing one right now, i requested to be qualified but i dont think it will work since my values are 0

Reactions: jan

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, they used to do very different things. I remember when I was in brownies (junior guides) the activities felt like they came out of a 1950s manual on how to be a good little woman. Whereas the boys did all sorts of exciting things. Now, I know that's changed as one of my best friends is part of the national coordinating team. But I know when I was younger, I'd have much preferred what the boys were doing. Now, the girls are doing the same kind of adventurous things. I think a lot of girls want to go to scouts because they don't know modern Guiding.

If parents are agreeing because of their own memories, that's sad. If it's because the local guides are doing boring, old-fashioned things, that's on the leaders locally. Each troupe/group should be able to direct what they want to do, and the girls should be taught they have that power.

As to why are women leading boy scout groups, is it because there aren't enough men?

BskiCHI

Reaction score
I hate when requesters reject for doing a similar hit. Do they not realize that we don't have away to check every single hit we've ever done and that some of us do hundreds of hits a day? It's easy for them to put an ID checker in their freakin hits.
THIS!!!

Reactions: cb456

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a rejection this week for that.

Reactions: cb456 and BskiCHI

MikeC44

Belt of Scotch?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Hypothetical Scenario Study (~10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ling Zhou [A2SN7YVDVIG9DW] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.03] [Pay=4.10] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.75] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.20] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 10800
Available: 65
Description: Must be 18+ years and a US resident
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.