Title: Click the best result from a set of Search Results | Accept
Requester: SEO Team [A1ZYBWWNV701EI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.19] [Pay=3.90] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.50] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 120
Available: 2
Description: Simply click on the result that you’d select yourself for that search.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

keladry2009

Reaction score
i was in girl scouts through high school. i felt jipped because i really wanted to be in boy scouts because they did all the fun stuff! i wanted to go camping and learn how to survive in the wilderness! girl scouts taught me how to plan an event and be a business woman. ill be signing up my kids for campfire kids, i had a neighbor who was in it otherwise i wouldnt even know it existed. its like boy scouts but co-ed.

Reactions: Cara and jan

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
A little off subject but I am curious and could use some other opinions....whether any of you have kids in Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts or not...what do you think of girls being in boy scouts? I don't know if they are doing the same thing to Girls Scouts but I had heard they were now putting girls in Boy Scouts and I just took my son to his first Cub scout meeting last night. There were girls there but there also was not a single male leader for any of the groups.
To me it seems odd, probably because it has always been boys in boys scouts and girls in girl scouts but now they don't even have guys leading the boy scouts? There are a couple other troops in our area I am going to consider, just don't know why they had to change everything. Is there something wrong with only girls in girl scouts and only boys in boy scouts? I don't get it...
my son is a boy scout (eagle scout this year!)
his troop doesn't have any girls, but most of the leaders are women. they wish they could have girls there. they are all mature people and they say they would like the integration and get another perspective on things. i was shocked to hear that, but insanely proud at the same time.

we have a really good GS program here (i was one for 10 years!!! it is fantastic)
i think it would be cool for them to do things together.

in different areas where there isnt enough kids for both programs to flourish, it just makes sense for there to be one.
in other countries, there are just scouts. i don't see why they have to be separated at all.

jan

Reaction score
does anyone know how to get the askanswerqual? Rowan Zellers is doing one right now, i requested to be qualified but i dont think it will work since my values are 0
You have to do the Rowan qual HIT to get that qual (I don't see it up, atm - but it comes up periodically. Search this forum, using their name - I've posted it a few times :).

Don't know about the other one. But most, request this qual just goes into the big black hole of mturk (the requesters don't even SEE it). Usually, you have to do a qual hit - or there will be a qual attached to the HIT itself.

Reactions: keladry2009

Minx2121

Reaction score
Over time, the GS could really suffer. As the mother of a girl (and she did scouting for a couple of years)
I saw it as a good/progressive organization. I'd hate to think that GS was going to go under because the BS took it over. Girls need places where their voice is the most prominent (imo) - esp. in the formative years.
That's what I'm thinking, I hope it doesn't go under but I also can see Despairagus's point about girls wanting a more "scouting" type of experiences beyond arts and crafts.

When I was a kid, my dad was a scout leader and I was in the girl scouts. His troop was MASSIVE and had multiple leaders (or whatever the extra adults are called) and about half of them were women.

I was CRAZY lucky to have an amazing girl scout leader, but I've come to learn that not everyone got so lucky and their troops were more like "arts and crafts and sleepovers, yay!" and less "Here is how to tie a knot! Here is now to shoot a gun! Let's go camping!" so I think that's where the girls getting into boy scouts is coming from, they want like... a real scouting experience.

I wish there was a mixed group (like kid-scouts or something) so that boy and girl scouts could stay separate, but man, idk. I'm just glad scouting is still alive!
That's true, I didn't really think of that, they should find a way to incorporate more things beyond arts and crafts so girls don't feel like they have to come to the boys side for the experiences. I think the camping and learning to build fires type stuff is important for girls and boys...I don't feel weird about my feelings on it now lol.

Thanks for the input :) Maybe I can help the troops around here with some suggestions, who knows haha

Reactions: jan and Despairagus

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, I hope it doesn't go under but I also can see Despairagus's point about girls wanting a more "scouting" type of experiences beyond arts and crafts.

That's true, I didn't really think of that, they should find a way to incorporate more things beyond arts and crafts so girls don't feel like they have to come to the boys side for the experiences. I think the camping and learning to build fires type stuff is important for girls and boys...I don't feel weird about my feelings on it now lol.

Thanks for the input :) Maybe I can help the troops around here with some suggestions, who knows haha
you could always be an adult volunteer! they always need more people to help out.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
what did you name her?
Lucille is her official name, but we call her Lucy.

She's going to the vet for her once over in a few. She doesn't know it yet; sleeping peacefully. I brought the cat carrier into the house and she was all "what's that? Can I get into the box? Box. I must sitz in the box!!!" I had to put it up high for her to stay out until it's time to leave.

I'm sure she'll soon catch on to how much that particular box sucks for her.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: Answer a short consumer behavior survey | Accept
Requester: SOYOUNG [A3BOPPLKNCCQK1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.45] [Pay=2.33] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: We would like to know how consumers think and feel.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Hypothetical Scenario Study (~10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ling Zhou [A2SN7YVDVIG9DW] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.03] [Pay=4.10] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.75] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.20] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 10800
Description: Must be 18+ years and a US resident
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: Impressions of others | Accept
Requester: Gabrielle Adams [A3NGJ3HKNHK7QJ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.17] [Fast=4.45] [Comm=3.50] [Fair=4.36] [Reviews=64] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1800
Description: There will be attention checks; you may not be paid if you fail them
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Minx2121

Reaction score
my son is a boy scout (eagle scout this year!)
his troop doesn't have any girls, but most of the leaders are women. they wish they could have girls there. they are all mature people and they say they would like the integration and get another perspective on things. i was shocked to hear that, but insanely proud at the same time.

we have a really good GS program here (i was one for 10 years!!! it is fantastic)
i think it would be cool for them to do things together.

in different areas where there isnt enough kids for both programs to flourish, it just makes sense for there to be one.
in other countries, there are just scouts. i don't see why they have to be separated at all.

I am not sure the separation is entirely necessary since I do believe that basic skills normally taught in boy scouts should be integrated in Girl scouts also, some people may not think so but whether you are into the outdoorsy stuff or not I believe it's important to know things like how to build a fire.

Reactions: Despairagus

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I got a rejection this week for that.
what is lame about it is that its probably more work for them to have to manually check and reject than it would be to prevent it from happening. its just so unnecessary.

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 3-minute survey | Accept
Requester: The Choice Lab [A18FWM3BGZIW4S] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.62] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.31] [Fast=4.81] [Comm=4.28] [Fair=4.83] [Reviews=260] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.39] [Pen=1.62 days] [Res=null] [Rec=63%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.40
Description: You are invited to participate in a 3-minute survey.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure the separation is entirely necessary since I do believe that basic skills normally taught in boy scouts should be integrated in Girl scouts also, some people may not think so but whether you are into the outdoorsy stuff or not I believe it's important to know things like how to build a fire.
yes absolutely! some troops don't really focus on badges and that's sad.
it all depends on what the scouts want to do too! i remember learning archery because a few of us asked to learn. they were pretty accommodating. if someone expressed interest, the leaders tried to make it happen.

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Read a few sentences and answer some questions. | Accept
Requester: MIT Computational Psycholinguistics Laboratory [A3HFJW23G8KDQG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.43] [Pay=4.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=3.91] [Comm=3.13] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=32] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.04] [Pen=1.25 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=29%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=8]
Reward: 0.35
Description: Takes 2 minutes!
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
P.E. $11.40, I think I'm going to take a break for awhile. I just finished a HIT about politics and I think I ranted a little too much in it. I should probably quit before a black SUV shows up at my house.....
:tinfoil:

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
P.E. $11.40, I think I'm going to take a break for awhile. I just finished a HIT about politics and I think I ranted a little too much in it. I should probably quit before a black SUV shows up at my house.....
:tinfoil:
Or keeping with today's theme a suspicious package. Crazy ass people.

Status
Not open for further replies.