• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Math Test | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Yigal Attali [ASOGCCOAO0E33] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.94] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 4.64] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 55] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$6.00
Duration: 8 hours
Available: 2
Description: Math Test
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location In CA, US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Paraphrasing | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Kasisto - Primary [A3G0QO2P6GWLSN] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 4.87] [Comm: 3.60] [Fair: 4.59] [Reviews: 44] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $14.40/hr] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.08
Duration: 20 minutes
Available: 70
Description: paraphrasing sentences
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
broken for me
Because it says "No more Data to display" on the bottom?

Reactions: MindNumbing

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
A day? Well a few years back before Amazon fucked the pooch with the rate increases you could get that in about 5-6 hours without masters. Nowadays even with masters you need some kind of voodoo magic qual only 7 people and a samurai goat have to make reasonable cash.

I think there was a study hat showed the average income for mturk users for non masters 3 years ago was 3.25 an hour or so, with masters at 5.75, though that was skewed a bit due to some masters having exceptional quals(which is still a broken to fuck system to this day). Last time I checked up on it average mturk users have dropped to about 1.85 an hour for newbies, 2.55 an hour for those over the 10,000 hit mark and about 4.00 for the average Masters.

In short you can probably make more money selling oranges by the freeway, but the saying goes "Some money is better than no money" also, no sunburns, screw that noise.
The $30 a day thing is more of a joke. Back in the early forum days that question was asked almost constantly. FWIW the only real answer is that it depends.

I do love consistency.

But I'm not willing to wake up at 4:30am for $25-30 bucks, Barcodes.

There is no way. Even in my best #proturk days I wouldn't do that to myself.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
A day? Well a few years back before Amazon fucked the pooch with the rate increases you could get that in about 5-6 hours without masters. Nowadays even with masters you need some kind of voodoo magic qual only 7 people and a samurai goat have to make reasonable cash.

I think there was a study hat showed the average income for mturk users for non masters 3 years ago was 3.25 an hour or so, with masters at 5.75, though that was skewed a bit due to some masters having exceptional quals(which is still a broken to fuck system to this day). Last time I checked up on it average mturk users have dropped to about 1.85 an hour for newbies, 2.55 an hour for those over the 10,000 hit mark and about 4.00 for the average Masters.

In short you can probably make more money selling oranges by the freeway, but the saying goes "Some money is better than no money" also, no sunburns, screw that noise.
That seems awfully low. "Last time I checked" << do you have a link? Or what was your method used for compiling the info?

I would like to think that people here aren't wasting their time making $4/hr. That's dreadful!

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That seems awfully low. "Last time I checked" << do you have a link? Or what was your method used for compiling the info?

I would like to think that people here aren't wasting their time making $4/hr. That's dreadful!
"there was a study"

So that data would be skewed towards people who did that likely underpaid study.
Leaving Kerek @Kerek and kryss @kryss's $50/hr standard out of it.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Plan A Getaway Weekend | PANDA
Requester: Maik Walter [APAJ6PD8CN3YI] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 1.64 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.50 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 16 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: 6 Minutes (Survey)
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.42
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 70;Location is US

let's all plan vacations

Reactions: Metalronin

Timuks

Bonjorno
Reaction score

Not sure where you got those numbers from, but I refuse to believe.
Yes, there are many requesters offering slave wages, but there are also many adequate ones. Before Masters, my hourly was about $8-10. And I am outside US which means I'm not qualified for ~60% HITs.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Last time I checked up on it average mturk users have dropped to about 1.85 an hour for newbies, 2.55 an hour for those over the 10,000 hit mark and about 4.00 for the average Masters.
Whoa, this makes me an above average Master. I've always wanted to be above average.

Turkin Nappa

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

It was referenced in a Yale survey thing3 years ago and a Amazon requester survey from march of last year I think. I may be off by a margin of 50 cent's either direction due to old, but barring people getting super special awesome chocolate covered super batches(which are far more rare now) the average mturk worker makes effectively waitress levels of income an hour. This isn't helped by the fact some of the best entry level requesters no longer post jack fuck and even some of the old exceptional ones are long gone.

The plus side is you can stop at any time to do something more productive and no cat calls from the truckers getting a grand slam at 4:30 am.

Reactions: loki3404

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
"there was a study"

So that data would be skewed towards people who did that likely underpaid study.
Leaving Kerek @Kerek and kryss @kryss's $50/hr standard out of it.
Mturk wage studies are fun. $4 an hour is an awesome rate if you're also painting your house, cooking grilled cheese and binging the OC. That figure doesn't really help other workers though.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It was referenced in a Yale survey thing3 years ago and a Amazon requester survey from march of last year I think. I may be off by a margin of 50 cent's either direction due to old, but barring people getting super special awesome chocolate covered super batches(which are far more rare now) the average mturk worker makes effectively waitress levels of income an hour. This isn't helped by the fact some of the best entry level requesters no longer post jack fuck and even some of the old exceptional ones are long gone.

The plus side is you can stop at any time to do something more productive and no cat calls from the truckers getting a grand slam at 4:30 am.
I don't have any special quals and no masters, and I average about $9/hour...

Turkin Nappa

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Average folks, I said Average. You would be surprised at the amount of people doing Mturk without forums, hitscraper or even the most remote level of scripts. I wouldn't be shocked if 20% of these fuckers don't even know ctrl+C / Ctrl+V. thor forbid you use the ACTUAL Mturk site to find hits, it's a dated POS that makes windows 3.1 seem like a better logical choice for interfaces.

Reactions: Piro and Binxybaby
Status
Not open for further replies.