Votes: 45 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Average folks, I said Average. You would be surprised at the amount of people doing Mturk without forums, hitscraper or even the most remote level of scripts. I wouldn't be shocked if 20% of these fuckers don't even know ctrl+C / Ctrl+V. thor forbid you use the ACTUAL Mturk site to find hits, it's a dated POS that makes windows 3.1 seem like a better logical choice for interfaces.
Workers on mturk who use forums are a small subset of the workers. I think the ones who aren't aware they exist, might also be ones who haven't thought about the possibility of seeking out resources to be more efficient at it, and if you're not seeking resources or looking to improve efficiency, you're probably not making any kind of livable wage.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Average folks, I said Average. You would be surprised at the amount of people doing Mturk without forums, hitscraper or even the most remote level of scripts. I wouldn't be shocked if 20% of these fuckers don't even know ctrl+C / Ctrl+V. thor forbid you use the ACTUAL Mturk site to find hits, it's a dated POS that makes windows 3.1 seem like a better logical choice for interfaces.
This was me before I found this forum. I do know what ctrl+C / Ctrl+V is though lol I dont know a lot of computer stuff though.

This makes me think about how at my job I have an attorney (hes probably only in his 40's) I help him fix his powerpoints. If something looks weird and I cant figure out how to do it I just google it. Hes absolutely clueless on most things like, he uses clipart on almost all of his PPs lol

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
10 cap

Title: Choose which of two faces looks more normal after lip surgery. | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: St. Louis Cleft-Craniofacial Center [AT1PUFL0MZBFC] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Reward: $0.02
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 592
Description: Two possible results after lip surgery are shown. Choose which of two faces looks more normal.
Requirements: Masters has been granted; Participated in Patient 1, Trial 1 has not been granted;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Last edited:

Binxybaby

Reaction score
You wouldn't like how cold it gets here - but the kind of cold that it gets in FL is different. It's a wet, damp, cold. So when it was 60 in Tally, we were uncomfortable. Up here, 60 is really glorious weather. Crisp, bright, just perfect.
Im sure I would like 60 there then lol FL weather is weird, hot and cold are different here than other places.

Reactions: jan

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It was referenced in a Yale survey thing3 years ago and a Amazon requester survey from march of last year I think. I may be off by a margin of 50 cent's either direction due to old, but barring people getting super special awesome chocolate covered super batches(which are far more rare now) the average mturk worker makes effectively waitress levels of income an hour. This isn't helped by the fact some of the best entry level requesters no longer post jack fuck and even some of the old exceptional ones are long gone.

The plus side is you can stop at any time to do something more productive and no cat calls from the truckers getting a grand slam at 4:30 am.
I made twice what I do here, waiting on tables. Not sure what people think waitress levels of income are but, I banked on at least $20 an hour.

Turkin Nappa

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So basically the people who don't have a clue what they are doing are who someone got those numbers from?

edit: I don't sentence well.
Which is pretty much anyone in any online profession ever, for every competent script writer you have 3 dozen script kiddies whose setup looks English is their 9th language. Also accurate for game streamers. If I knew I could make 50k a year+ by being shitty at video games I woulda started years ago...

Actually, no, probably wouldn't be popular because I know what the fucking jump button does.

#filthycupheadcasuals

Reactions: Binxybaby

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: 5 minute survey for $0.50 | PANDA
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.85] [Fast: 4.58] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 4.63] [Reviews: 422] [ToS: 2]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.90/hr] [Pen: 0.92 days] [Res: 0% of 1] [Rec: 81% of 21] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 45 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Complete a 5 minute survey fir $0.50
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Polly_chat_study has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

Reactions: Kat8mouse

Twisted65

Reaction score
Hey folks finally thinking about getting mturk suite but have a question. Can you see your total earnings for a year with it or will I need to use another extension for that?

Turkin Nappa

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I made twice what I do here, waiting on tables. Not sure what people think waitress levels of income are but, I banked on at least $20 an hour.
Locals at Moms and Nicks make 2.75 an hour, not counting tips. There are exceptions to federal minimum wage for certain jobs, which is a horseshit hold over from the great depression.

Reactions: Veltora Otew
D

Deleted member 526

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions and Beliefs Study(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Sora Jun [A2LPKOJNBX0XGV] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $20.22/hr] [Pen: 0.21 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.42
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Available: 1
Description: 20-minute survey about your perceptions and beliefs
Requirements: Exc: [62552-61963] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not greater than 100000; Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; TP Panel: 234912493 N is not less than 100; Location is one of: US;

Twisted65

Reaction score
One last question is there a forum post for the setup or is it pretty easy to get going? Do I need to turn off or get rid of my current turking extensions?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about yourself | PANDA
Requester: Elisabeth Spratto [A1JP9VOAFH7E22] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.50] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Respond to a series of questions about your personality and attitudes
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Survey Completer DoesNotExist; Location EqualTo US;

Status
Not open for further replies.