• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm back! Dropping the kid off at school was a nightmare. It was grandparents day so there was no parking. Days like this makes me wish I could drop him off at the drop off area, and go. I have to walk him in though so I had to find a parking spot far off.

And I just read through the thread. What a lovely conversation! It was political, but so motivating and respectful.
I wish you guys could be on my Facebook feed.

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm back! Dropping the kid off at school was a nightmare. It was grandparents day so there was no parking. Days like this makes me wish I could drop him off at the drop off area, and go. I have to walk him in though so I had to find a parking spot far off.

And I just read through the thread. What a lovely conversation! It was political, but so motivating and respectful.
I wish you guys could be on my Facebook feed.
Yeah, I can't hardly stand facebook lately. I'm a conservative, and most my friends are conservative too, but I'm not a disrespectful little shit and it's alllll over FB right now. Like brooooo, you make us ALL look bad. FFS

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
In high-school, I had a ton of boring teachers for U.S. History that would basically read the book to us and make us memorize things for tests, but the World History teachers were awesome. When I got to college I had to take U.S. History I and II and the professor I had was awesome. He would go over things in more detail and bring in props and organize field trips for people that wanted to go (almost every one did) and made the entire experience more exciting and interesting. He was so popular that you had to be first in line during enrollment if you wanted a spot in one of his classes.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't hardly stand facebook lately. I'm a conservative, and most my friends are conservative too, but I'm not a disrespectful little shit and it's alllll over FB right now. Like brooooo, you make us ALL look bad. FFS
i've unfollowed every excessively political person on facebook on BOTH sides. I don't want to see any of that shit. lol

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm liberal in a VERY conservative community. I hid most of the ugly posts from both sides in hope to make it easier on me. Has worked wonders. Idk why people can't be nice. :(

My little town went crazy during elections for SHERIFF and both guys were Republican. Tearing both of them down if they weren't for him. It was nuts.

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
We can all get along, it's just trendy right now to automatically hate someone based on political affiliation, which is absolutely ridiculous. We're all Americans, whether we hold different views or not. And not everyone is a far right crazy or a far left crazy.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
56 Zoltars. BB in a bit, pls have more batch hits for me when I return.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a difference between conservative and cult member. I am practically a communist (exaggerating a bit), but have many rational, cool conservative friends. In the last few years, and I won't speculate as to what but I'm sure you can figure it out, something has caused many of them to go off the deep end.

It's important to remember the normal ones who simply have a difference of opinion on both sides, as opposed to irrational hatred and malice.

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
In high-school, I had a ton of boring teachers for U.S. History that would basically read the book to us and make us memorize things for tests, but the World History teachers were awesome. When I got to college I had to take U.S. History I and II and the professor I had was awesome. He would go over things in more detail and bring in props and organize field trips for people that wanted to go (almost every one did) and made the entire experience more exciting and interesting. He was so popular that you had to be first in line during enrollment if you wanted a spot in one of his classes.
My middle school U.S. History teacher was the (unwillingly) retired football coach who was "filling in" because the previous teacher quit to teach at a high school in another county that actually bothered to pay him enough to eat.
He had no idea what he was doing and admitted that on day one, along with saying "If you have any ideas to make it more interesting, let me know. I don't like the book very much." so you can imagine how well that class went.

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
There is a difference between conservative and cult member. I am practically a communist (exaggerating a bit), but have many rational, cool conservative friends. In the last few years, and I won't speculate as to what but I'm sure you can figure it out, something has caused many of them to go off the deep end.

It's important to remember the normal ones who simply have a difference of opinion on both sides, as opposed to irrational hatred and malice.
Absolutely. Unfortunately more and more people are being irrational about it all, and on both sides. I used to be able to talk about politics, but honestly nowadays if politics comes up with a Democrat I usually exit the situation, because I don't like getting called a moron or a lunatic or a nazi because I voted for certain people.

Edit: I also understand that the same goes for the other side, that a lot of republicans also spew hatred out and are assholes as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyCatLady

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My middle school U.S. History teacher was the (unwillingly) retired football coach who was "filling in" because the previous teacher quit to teach at a high school in another county that actually bothered to pay him enough to eat.
He had no idea what he was doing and admitted that on day one, along with saying "If you have any ideas to make it more interesting, let me know. I don't like the book very much." so you can imagine how well that class went.
I remember my Arkansas History teacher being a coach/history teacher. He was fun, but sucked. The principal was doing an observation of the class one day, and our lesson was doing a SUDOKU. LOl he got in trouble and then we had to make a powerpoint on a town in Arkansas.

GRR

Reaction score

you can thank trump for that...not to be disrespectfull...but that is his whole act

Reactions: jklmnop

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Absolutely. Unfortunately more and more people are being irrational about it all, and on both sides. I used to be able to talk about politics, but honestly nowadays if politics comes up with a Democrat I usually exit the situation, because I don't like getting called a moron or a lunatic or a nazi because I voted for certain people.
This makes me sad. Nobody should be called names because of their political affiliation.
Let's be friends. All my best friends are Republicans. :D

Reactions: katarina

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
I remember my Arkansas History teacher being a coach/history teacher. He was fun, but sucked. The principal was doing an observation of the class one day, and our lesson was doing a SUDOKU. LOl he got in trouble and then we had to make a powerpoint on a town in Arkansas.
So he committed career sudoku?

I'll see myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.