11/09 - Trailer Park Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Tax season is still a good distance away... and this tax conversation should honestly be taking place in the tax thread so that users can easily find it later when the time comes, rather than in the daily thread where it will likely not be found.
Sorry about that! I should have thought to put it in there!

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

amaatouq

Requester
Reaction score
Don't miss our last HIT today: "Guess the correlation and get up to $10".

In the HIT, you will be asked to guess the correlation from a scatter plot (with a twist). The game must be played on a desktop or laptop (No mobile support). The actual HIT will require people to be online simultaneously. We will run the HIT twice today with no repeat takers.

Requester I:eek: AGEIRIHRRYV6P

The Qualification HIT information:
HIT title:
(Qual HIT) Guess the correlation and get up to $10
Time: 1:30pm EST
Expected HIT length: 30 seconds
Qualification: "Guess the Correlation Score" qualification is NOT granted

The actual HIT information:
HIT title:
[Play immediately] Guess the correlation and get up to $10
Time: 2:30pm EST
Expected HIT length: 10-35 minutes (depending on condition)
HIT expectations:
  • Your decision to participate in the experiment is entirely voluntary.
  • 45 participates will receive the quals and 36 will play the game.
  • The remaining participants who are granted the quals (maximum 9, if everyone shows up on time, which is never the case) will be in the surplus room (in case someone goes idle or fails the attention checks).
  • People in the surplus room will be paid the base of $2 and this will not affect their future participation in our HITs.
  • The bonus varies across conditions (randomly assigned), as some conditions have longer expected play time (maximum bonus ranges from $2 to $8 based on condition)
  • The average pay $14/hr so far.
  • People who join the HIT late will receive: "Sorry, we've missed you" message. This is important to avoid the problem of people auto-accepting the HIT without playing immediately. In previous runs, we experienced 3-5 participants that accept the HIT and go idle (i.e., not showing up on time).
If you are to participate and get assigned the qualification, it is critical that you show up on time at the beginning of the time window. Otherwise, it would delay the start of the game for the other participants.

kkarloff

Reaction score
Title: Brief opinion survey(~ 1 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: ari b lustig [AUNWYS66AU05S] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.13] [Fast: 3.67] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 3.67] [Reviews: 12] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.10
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Not Available
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 53; Location is one of: US
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Reactions: WarmPotato

GRR

Reaction score
Tax season is still a good distance away... and this tax conversation should honestly be taking place in the tax thread so that users can easily find it later when the time comes, rather than in the daily thread where it will likely not be found.

Thats funny! back in the day; if you mentioned taxe's any day but sunday on MTF...folks would get all bent!

Reactions: Mish

GRR

Reaction score
Title: Play Connect 4 (1 hour - $4 base + up to $10 bonus) | PANDA
Requester: Galileo [A206I79EPQNKDS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.39] [Fast: 4.73] [Comm: 4.85] [Fair: 4.90] [Reviews: 54] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $12.00/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$4.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 2
Description: -
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

be nice to catch this again....made over 12 bucks on it last week...thanks for posting...I gotta BIG HAM going on that hit!

Reactions: Michele

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry about that! I should have thought to put it in there!
No need to apologize to me, I'm just some random guy on the internet with no authority. I'm not offended, it's just better for users to have useful information be easily indexed and searchable in centralized locations.

Thats funny! back in the day; if you mentioned taxe's any day but sunday on MTF...folks would get all bent!
MTF was a shithole that encouraged collecting shitty users. That's why we split the first time and why we split the second time. This isn't MTF or MTG.

kkarloff

Reaction score
I just snagged a $7 HIT but the Survey Monkey link is not working. I remember someone once sharing the tweak to the URL to get them to work. (Originally tried Chrome then Firefox, still no luck!)

Anyone have any idea?

Last edited:

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
I just snagged a $& HIT but the Survey Monkey link is not working. I remember someone once sharing the tweak to the URL to get them to work. (Originally tried Chrome then Firefox, still no luck!)
JUST HIGHLIGHT IT AND COPY AND PASTE IT ON THE BROWSER WINDOW, I DIDNT QUALIFY :(

Reactions: Binxybaby

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Today's Projected Earnings: $0.00 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8)
HITsValue
Viewed0$0.00
Submitted0$0.00
Approved0$0.00
Returned0$0.00
BonusesN/A$0.00
PE: slept till noon, made some chilaquiles in salsa verde with a fried egg, played with a stir-crazy panther who hasn't been outside in 2 days because of the rain....
can we get another big batch of Law Firms so I can knockout 25 and go back to sleep please...knthnx.....

kkarloff

Reaction score
Title: Coping with Relationship Break-Ups | PANDA
Requester: Jeff [AWMBFW41U0FNO] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.33] [Fast: 2.00] [Comm: 1.50] [Fair: 1.67] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Not Available
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Total approved HITs is greater than 50; Location is US
I'm too old, so I can't share the time.

Reactions: WarmPotato

Turkster

Reaction score
No need to apologize to me, I'm just some random guy on the internet with no authority. I'm not offended, it's just better for users to have useful information be easily indexed and searchable in centralized locations.

MTF was a shithole that encouraged collecting shitty users. That's why we split the first time and why we split the second time. This isn't MTF or MTG.
Joining MTF was the BIGGEST mistake I made when I started Turking 2 1/2 years ago.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Taxes really are the worst part of Turk in my opinion. I'm on a payment plan to pay back like 3k in taxes from the last 2 years. The bright side of that is I have come find that the IRS isn't so scary if you work with them.
Me too, and still trying to get caught up on this year's so there isn't an issue come April 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.