11/09 - Trailer Park Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Joining MTF was the BIGGEST mistake I made when I started Turking 2 1/2 years ago.
2 1/2 years ago the options for a turker to join and learn how to be a turker were limited, and before that it was even more limited. It wasn't a mistake to join a forum and begin learning. Forums turn into shitholes when management is shit, the rules are shit, and the moderation is shit... which in turn encourages the worst behaviors from its users. Which is what happened at mtf and what was beginning to happen at mtg.

Last edited:

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Every forum is good for it's peeps. Or osmething, idk I'm trying to say be nice about the other forums or something.
I personally believe that ours is the best. I randomly chose this forum and now all you guys are part of my day. I open Mturk then this forum every morning. You guys are like my second set of coworkers.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I personally believe that ours is the best. I randomly chose this forum and now all you guys are part of my day. I open Mturk then this forum every morning. You guys are like my second set of coworkers.
Oh yeah, we're the best hands down. I'm definitely not biased.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a really dumb question:

Yes and no. If you put creamer in your coffee then your cup will contain less coffee so the dose of caffeine you get would be smaller overall and smaller per sip as well. If that difference in dose is significant for you I wouldn't know.

GRR

Reaction score
If it didn't exist I would have quit turking.

So yeah, awful mistake.

It helped me also. quite a bit...I guess some folks just have a hard time taking the good and leaving the bad. That dude SAJ and another guy trolled the hell out of it for months...that sucked....anyway I belong to 5 different forums but hang here mostly because there is just the right amount of chit chat and this forum posts the most surveys! I am a batch guy but I will do surveys a bit.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
It helped me also. quite a bit...I guess some folks just have a hard time taking the good and leaving the bad. That dude SAJ and another guy trolled the hell out of it for months...that sucked....anyway I belong to 5 different forums but hang here mostly because there is just the right amount of chit chat and this forum posts the most surveys! I am a batch guy but I will do surveys a bit.

I actually meant my post as something along the lines of I wish I hadn't found it so I could have stopped turking. I realize now it sounded a lot different than what I said.

Anyway, all the forums have their own ... flavor? tone? something and different people fit in different places. Also when I started it was that or TN, and TN was overwhelming to me at the time.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Rate descriptions of images | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: The Theater Lab [A3VFPFBLUQLRAD] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $1.12
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 7
Description: Look at the image. Read a description. State your agreement or disagreement with the description. No prior knowledge or experience is needed.
Requirements: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; DA1.0- Theater Lab responder is one of: 58, 59, 62, 63; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes it just downright hilarious when researchers try to make it seem like something didn't work, or you are going to do something with another individual, when it's so blatantly clear that it was a deception the entire time.

For anyone else that ever knows ahead of time that you are being deceived, do you tell the researchers in the comment/feedback section?

Reactions: bxpretzel

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Turk-or-treat is one of the coolest dudes ever. Made MTF worth it back in the day.

B was just hilarious.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes it just downright hilarious when researchers try to make it seem like something didn't work, or you are going to do something with another individual, when it's so blatantly clear that it was a deception the entire time.

For anyone else that ever knows ahead of time that you are being deceived, do you tell the researchers in the comment/feedback section?
no, i almost never write anything additional unless i had a problem.

Reactions: WarmPotato

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

I usually don't cause I just wanna be done with the survey.

On a related note, the first time I got mod edited when I was a turkbaby was for asking what was wrong with a fake broken survey cause it turned out to be deception and I was apparently easily tricked by surveys.

WarmPotato

Reaction score

I can never tell if I can tell what happened. What if the feeling of deception is the deception itself? Haha.

Edit: Jaded @Jaded Wait, if fake broken surveys count then those are actually really obvious and I've gotten a couple of them before.

Last edited:

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Research Study: Your perception of company actions(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Benjamin Neuwirth [A1D3SKHUTEFYCA] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.45] [Fast: 3.96] [Comm: 2.45] [Fair: 4.40] [Reviews: 104] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $4.95/hr] [Pen: 7.50 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 33% of 9] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 12
Description: This is a study of your perception of different actions taken by companies
Requirements: Exc: [64274-63685] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8
Time: 01:11
Hourly: $12.55

Reactions: Daniel
Status
Not open for further replies.