11/13 - Transitions Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We stay on top of the woodburners pretty hardcore. We try not to run the furnace EVER. $150 energy bills are nice in the winter.
That's the kind of stuff that makes me happy we live in an apartment. Winter is our low-energy-cost time! We are upstairs and our downstairs neighbors (who live too many people to the apartment, but they're nice so we don't say bubkus about it) keep their place BLAZING HOT b/c it's BLAZING HOT where they're from, so in the winter it's smooth sailing with all that rising heat! :bode:

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
That's the kind of stuff that makes me happy we live in an apartment. Winter is our low-energy-cost time! We are upstairs and our downstairs neighbors (who live too many people to the apartment, but they're nice so we don't say bubkus about it) keep their place BLAZING HOT b/c it's BLAZING HOT where they're from, so in the winter it's smooth sailing with all that rising heat! :bode:
That's awesome! It's hilarious, when we get our energy bill and they show comparisons between our bill and our neighbors bill...ours is the lowest by a huge margin...always a great feelings, as winter is our low earning time.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
I have to run outside and check our woodstove every hour or two. I wish it was inside. But I can fill it all the way and get 4-5 hours out of it, just noticeably colder towards the end.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That's awesome! It's hilarious, when we get our energy bill and they show comparisons between our bill and our neighbors bill...ours is the lowest by a huge margin...always a great feelings, as winter is our low earning time.
Yeah I'm sure my FIL's house has MUCH lower electricity bills b/c of the wood burner compared to his neighbors!
I'd take a house with a woodburner over an apartment with warmth loving downstairs neighbors anyday, but I take my positives when I can find them LOL

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to run outside and check our woodstove every hour or two. I wish it was inside. But I can fill it all the way and get 4-5 hours out of it, just noticeably colder towards the end.
Yeah I have to go out to the garage and throw logs on that woodburner too. My man restores old tractors so it's gotta stay warm cause he paints and shit.

alk69

Reaction score
I put on a sweatshirt.
I put on a bed, complete with a down duvet and an electric blanket, and a heating pad. I'm thinking of a second pair of sweats, too. What can I say,.......I'm cold. ....And why am I sitting here writing nothings in the cold with both my knees hurting? Back to bed. Turk's cancelled for today.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I put on a bed, complete with a down duvet and an electric blanket, and a heating pad. I'm thinking of a second pair of sweats, too. What can I say,.......I'm cold. ....And why am I sitting here writing nothings in the cold with both my knees hurting? Back to bed. Turk's cancelled for today.
Oh jeeze get warm!

Reactions: alk69
Status
Not open for further replies.