11/13 - Transitions Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I put on a bed, complete with a down duvet and an electric blanket, and a heating pad. I'm thinking of a second pair of sweats, too. What can I say,.......I'm cold. ....And why am I sitting here writing nothings in the cold with both my knees hurting? Back to bed. Turk's cancelled for today.
this sounds like me deep winter.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
We stay on top of the woodburners pretty hardcore. We try not to run the furnace EVER. $150 energy bills are nice in the winter.
I heat with a huge one in my garage and pipes the heat in. Forget electric bills, they are horrendous here. Loading the wood in the middle of the nights sucks but save me a ton of money

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Most of my neighbors are outside too. I am glad mine is the garage
We lack a garage. So we built a shed specifically for woodstove. Its only like 10 foot from the back door, so its really not too bad.

Reactions: GRR and Liz

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
That's awesome! It's hilarious, when we get our energy bill and they show comparisons between our bill and our neighbors bill...ours is the lowest by a huge margin...always a great feelings, as winter is our low earning time.
I recommend dumping a tax return into insulating the living piss out of your house. I did that 3 years ago. I have a 6 bedroom 2000 sq ft house with a natural gas boiler - in Michigan - thermostat set at 70 degrees and our average winter gas/electric bill combined is around $150.

blue board on the exterior of the house is worth it beyond words.

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Take a short survey on books and personal libraries | PANDA
Requester: Duke Center for Behavioral Economics [A14RDIKJG0V5TD] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.95 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★ 4.31 Fairness
★★★★ 4.16 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 410 | TOS Flags: 13
Submit a new TO review
Description: Give us your opinion about books and personal libraries
Time: 3600
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50;Location EqualTo US

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
We lack a garage. So we built a shed specifically for woodstove. Its only like 10 foot from the back door, so its really not too bad.
I know out here alot of insurance companies have said it can't be attached to the house anywhere so people stated moving them to sheds behind their house. Luckily mine was ok with it being in the garage. Even if mine was outside I would still do it, saves a ton of money

Status
Not open for further replies.