11/13 - Transitions Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
i had to let go around 5-6 of those surveys just because i couldn't pass the screening questions. do the requesters actually know your age, gender and all that?
No, but if you lie you mess up their research. If you mess up their research they stop showing up, and if they stop showing up, we stop making money.

Pretty sure only one of my commas was used correctly.

edit: Note: You in general, not you in particular

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
That's really cool. I admire people with talent: writers, artists, singers, etc.
I was thinking on the way to work today about how I have no talents nor passions and envious (in a good way) of those that do. I just work on shit.
People often worry about being something they think they're not rather than being what they are. It's wasteful, but also kind of human.

P.S. Just working on shit is a talent a lot of people don't have, so you are talented!

keladry2009

Reaction score
Title: After a pre-screen survey, you will be asked your opinion on current news events(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.49] [Pay=3.65] [Fast=4.84] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.39] [Fast=4.61] [Comm=4.00] [Fair=4.79] [Reviews=322] [ToS=28]
TO2: [Hrly=6.61] [Pen=0.63 days] [Res=null] [Rec=79%] [Rej=0] [ToS=1] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 18
Description: We are conducting an academic survey about your impressions of current news events. First, you will complete a screening survey to determine if you are eligible for the main survey. (1) If you are not eligible for the survey and do not complete it, you will not be able to receive payment for your HIT. Please return incomplete HITs rather than submitting them. You have the right to discontinue the survey at any point, without penalty. By accepting this HIT, you consent to these terms. (2) If you are eligible, you will be asked to give your opinions. This HIT takes most people about 15 minutes. Follow the link below to complete the pre-screen survey. At the end of the main survey, you will receive a code to paste into the box below to receive credit for taking our survey. Some of the topics discussed in this study are potentially sensitive. Participants are reminded they are free to discontinue participation at any moment and are allowed to skip any question that causes discomfort.
Qualifications: Exc: [3700048-115332] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I can shade somewhat decently but I can absolutely not draw anything that isn't abstract. I suck and idk how to get better lol. I have all this stuff that wants to come out on paper but it looks like a mess because I can't draw.
Who needs to draw? You don't need to draw. I mean if you use pencil first and go over it, it's a bit easier, but if you're doing art for the sake of art, try letting the art tell you what it wants. Getting held up b/c you're bad at drawing is just inhibiting yourself. Be free!

Also oils, in all their forms, can be REALLY unforgiving. Or really great.

keladry2009

Reaction score
I'm 70 miles south but that's the way the wind is blowing. It's not as bad now but last night it was like pea soup fog.
We're down in Sac luckily today looks nice and clear and we can go outside. i haven't seen anything about the containment percentages in the last few days though! so much loss :( hopefully cal fire can get it under control soon!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Who needs to draw? You don't need to draw. I mean if you use pencil first and go over it, it's a bit easier, but if you're doing art for the sake of art, try letting the art tell you what it wants. Getting held up b/c you're bad at drawing is just inhibiting yourself. Be free!

Also oils, in all their forms, can be REALLY unforgiving. Or really great.
I tried that last night (letting the art tell me what it wants) but it just came out looking horrible. I don't expect it to look like a masterpiece but goodness I hoped it wouldn't look like colorful vomit lol

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I tried that last night (letting the art tell me what it wants) but it just came out looking horrible. I don't expect it to look like a masterpiece but goodness I hoped it wouldn't look like colorful vomit lol
If I told you how many manuscripts/paintings/loaves of bread just came out awful versus how many came out great... well idk how you'd be, but it's a LOT. Lots of frogs before the prince, that kind of thing.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Under 5 mins.

Title: Answer a survey about routine health care topics(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CAH [AN05FV7XTDOY3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.32] [Fast=3.23] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=26] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.50] [Pen=1.61 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=63%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.83
Duration: 3600
Available: 84
Description: Complete a 5-minute survey on health care topics.
Qualifications: Exc: [1403204759-115312] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; SurveyGroup [1567] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
They say you can't really be a good writer until you've written a million words.

So, umm, 1,000 words per picture, carry the one, you have to draw a thousand pictures.

Chop chop! :)

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
it hurts bad when you toss back $2 for nothing.
It helps to think of mturk as a long term proposition rather than a $2.00 at a time transaction. It's not always easy, but doing the right thing pays off in the long run...it can lead to good relationships with requesters, and high paying work. That's just me though.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
We're down in Sac luckily today looks nice and clear and we can go outside. i haven't seen anything about the containment percentages in the last few days though! so much loss :( hopefully cal fire can get it under control soon!
I'm down here in Modesto and the air has been really shitty. I'm glad it's looking better in Sac as Sac has been hit way harder than we have overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.