11/13 - Transitions Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
it hurts bad when you toss back $2 for nothing.
Well, you just plain can't do everything. One of the first rules I made when I started here (umm, like three weeks ago) was not to be upset over missing something.

It's not that I perfectly follow the rule, but it helps to remind myself and move on to the next thing, because that's what I *can* do.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
OH MY GOD I'M DUMB
I read the thread title... and was like, "it can't be Tuesday, I didn't send the kids to school yesterday."
MUTHAFUCKER JENNI you dumbass :LOL::ROFL::LOL::ROFL:
The fucking panic I was about to have b/c I forgot it was a day off yesterday for like 4.7 seconds. :tearsofjoy:

John8888

Reaction score
yeah, it does. it doesn't get easier. lol. just gotta keep going unless you intend to look for another job.
where there a will, there is a way. nothing is impossible except death. i will try to find a way, there is always way out.

Veltora Otew

Got Milk!
Reaction score
Perhaps. I certainly have not figured it out though.
There are things I'm good enough at, but nothing I'm spectacular. And there is just really is nothing that I feel that passion for.
Not sure if I'm on the right track here, but there used to be something to say for folks that considered themselves as Jack of all trades and Master of none. Perhaps we need more of those type of people again.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps. I certainly have not figured it out though.
There are things I'm good enough at, but nothing I'm spectacular. And there is just really is nothing that I feel that passion for.
You might look into taking the Myers Briggs personality test. My brother Tom took it in the late 50's and it indicated he would like/enjoy: 1.) working with computers (new at the time), and; 2) being a cop. And he did just that. Became an internationally known authority in Law Enforcement Information Technology (LEIM). Traveled all OVER the world for conferences in that field. And he LOVED getting up every morning to go to work.

Wish I had that.

Reactions: lolkatB and Kennedy

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
awesome. I just returned the wrong survey. cuz I needed that.

Reactions: Merovign

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I can shade somewhat decently but I can absolutely not draw anything that isn't abstract. I suck and idk how to get better lol. I have all this stuff that wants to come out on paper but it looks like a mess because I can't draw.
Have you searched for tutorials and such on the you know what?

Reactions: themildone

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
i never got to kayak this year. it was sad. next year, hopefully. life has been different without my ex

I started line dancing in June and was god awful. But i've put in the time, and it's fun because it's really about ME. Not about the horse. or the dog. or another person. It's about me, damnit.
Good for YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :celebrate2:

Reactions: savvy and Merovign

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
You might look into taking the Myers Briggs personality test. My brother Tom took it in the late 50's and it indicated he would like/enjoy: 1.) working with computers (new at the time), and; 2) being a cop. And he did just that. Became an internationally known authority in Law Enforcement Information Technology (LEIM). Traveled all OVER the world for conferences in that field. And he LOVED getting up every morning to go to work.

Wish I had that.
Is that the INJ personality one? I took one of those, but not sure if Myers Briggs.
Anyway, that is very interesting. And that is awesome that your brother found a job he loved. That is the big win :)

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
*sigh* idk if that will help me but I'll try it next time! I often will just retrace my steps very calmly and still not find things sooo who knows.
I wanted to include something along the lines of "Retrace your steps," but this "wordsmith" couldn't find the right words to use. :) So, thanks!!

Other than that, I don't know what to say other than ... try the method. :)

Reactions: Despairagus

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Is that the INJ personality one? I took one of those, but not sure if Myers Briggs.
Anyway, that is very interesting. And that is awesome that your brother found a job he loved. That is the big win :)
Looks like it is. Jeez, I hope I'm thinking of the right test! "That is a big win": you are n o t kidding.

Reactions: Kennedy

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I tried that last night (letting the art tell me what it wants) but it just came out looking horrible. I don't expect it to look like a masterpiece but goodness I hoped it wouldn't look like colorful vomit lol
"Colorful vomit." LMAO.

Be patient.

Reactions: themildone
Status
Not open for further replies.