11/20 - Missing Peach Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokamo

Reaction score
*sigh* haven't had time to research new site stuff and scripts vs. new Firefox. So guess what I'm doing tonight instead of turking? Bummer..off to forum search. Also, glad ya'll found Peach! On pizza or wrestling or whatever he was doing!

cassius

Reaction score
I had that, too. UBlock stops it, even if your virus program does. Been meaning to switch to uBlock anyway....the certain person may be doing it, or someone else might be trying to wheedle in on an open site(no https, ya know, like here).
Thanks. Yes, the virus program says it isolates it but it shows up every time I go there. And it's only that site. some say it's a virus and offer suggestions for removing it but I suspect those are just more trouble. Reddit had the best, said it's a mining tool and it makes the computers overwork such as making the fan run. My fan started running a week ago and while I think I have that partly under control I wonder if this was doing it. Reddit said it's a way of mining for bitcoins in computers that run adblock, that it's not really dangerous but annoying as hell. Yeah, I can think of one or two people who might want to play havoc with that site. UBlock then to block it? Can I use that with my virus program? thanks much.

Reactions: alk69

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
*sigh* haven't had time to research new site stuff and scripts vs. new Firefox. So guess what I'm doing tonight instead of turking? Bummer..off to forum search. Also, glad ya'll found Peach! On pizza or wrestling or whatever he was doing!
right now hes in cards against humanity

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Kind of wish HINL would actually use that qual they have on their HITs to disqualify me instead of letting me open the HIT and find out every. single. time.

May just block them as I don't think I've done a HIT for them in 2+ years but somehow every survey they have is "related".
I haven't done a Franklin Shaddy HIT since the Summer of '92.

Bokamo

Reaction score
right now hes in cards against humanity
Well now I'm just jealous. I keep meaning to try and get a group together to play but no luck so far. I wonder if I smell?

Reactions: Cara and <Gucci>

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
I had that, too. UBlock stops it, even if your virus program does. Been meaning to switch to uBlock anyway....the certain person may be doing it, or someone else might be trying to wheedle in on an open site(no https, ya know, like here).
Actually this site isn't secure with https either.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I need to do some turking to support my drinking habit. I mean, buy Christmas presents.

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
0 for 2 on those Lab for Social research HITs. The second time I tried it I immediately got kicked for being idle even though I hit the ready button lol.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Tjololo

Reaction score
Hmm, not to bring up another forum but I just discovered this explanation. Every time I got to check a certain forum I get a message about something mining something there. Here is the search engine info I found:
This means that the JS you are trying to download is mining coins. Nothing to be worried about, Avast's got your back
. I wouldn't visit the websites that trigger this popup though!
Looks like a certain person we are familiar with is up to no good in taking advantage of people.
FYI I sent a message to him letting him know that's not cool. Hopefully it'll get taken care of before Wednesday.

Reactions: <Gucci> and alk69

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Update on the rejection from the Cammie 5.00 HIT that she said she would reverse:

"Hi there!

Yes, this does seem to be the case. I have approved now multiple times over the course of the last couple days and it will not update. I have contacted customer support and assure you this will be resolved within the day. Thank you for your patience, I am very sorry for the delay. "

I suggested just making a 0 cent HIT and bonusing the payment. We'll see.

Reactions: <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.