11/20 - Missing Peach Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score

cassius

Reaction score
FYI I sent a message to him letting him know that's not cool. Hopefully it'll get taken care of before Wednesday.
Hey, thanks. That is the only site I've been having problems with and I think it began after FF melted down on Sat and I had to start using Chrome. I think it was Reddit where I saw it's mainly noticed in Chrome. Just another annoying thing to be harassed with. Get rid of ads and they still get through and now this.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, thanks. That is the only site I've been having problems with and I think it began after FF melted down on Sat and I had to start using Chrome. I think it was Reddit where I saw it's mainly noticed in Chrome. Just another annoying thing to be harassed with. Get rid of ads and they still get through and now this.
which site?

Reactions: Deleted member 526

alk69

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, the virus program says it isolates it but it shows up every time I go there. And it's only that site. some say it's a virus and offer suggestions for removing it but I suspect those are just more trouble. Reddit had the best, said it's a mining tool and it makes the computers overwork such as making the fan run. My fan started running a week ago and while I think I have that partly under control I wonder if this was doing it. Reddit said it's a way of mining for bitcoins in computers that run adblock, that it's not really dangerous but annoying as hell. Yeah, I can think of one or two people who might want to play havoc with that site. UBlock then to block it? Can I use that with my virus program? thanks much.
AVG called it Coinhive.com, JS:Miner-C[Trj]. They're calling it a trojan online. Whatever you name it, I didn't ask for it to be forced on me and I resent it. AVG blocked it for me and now I'm running uBlock and not getting it any more. Apparently that will block it. I think it must act like an ad program, but it's supposed to be able to expand and bring friends with it. But don't quote me on this--I'm just an old computer idiot....and entirely self taught(except when I learn somethin' from y'all smarty-asses.)

Reactions: cassius

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have run into problems with scripts for the newest version of Firefox, so I thought I'd ask: Has anyone actually noticed any real increase in speed that was its entire purpose? It doesn't feel noticeably faster to me.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Name Recall Study | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Bethel Psychology [A1Y830JEFXFL8B] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 3.67] [Reviews: 11] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $11.52/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.20
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: This is a study on name recall that should take approximately 10 minutes.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have run into problems with scripts for the newest version of Firefox, so I thought I'd ask: Has anyone actually noticed any real increase in speed that was its entire purpose? It doesn't feel noticeably faster to me.
It has been a little faster for me, and it didn't lock up for 5 minutes when I first launched it this morning. Not worth having to refind all my scripts though.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
that other forum that shall remain nameless
There's like 4 other forums and none of them are voldemort. If one has a suspicious script running on it it'd be way more helpful to name it than dance around it.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Name Recall Study | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Bethel Psychology [A1Y830JEFXFL8B] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 3.67] [Reviews: 11] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $11.52/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.20
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: This is a study on name recall that should take approximately 10 minutes.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8
Damn age quals. Poohey!

Reactions: Starslip

cassius

Reaction score
AVG called it Coinhive.com, JS:Miner-C[Trj]. They're calling it a trojan online. Whatever you name it, I didn't ask for it to be forced on me and I resent it. AVG blocked it for me and now I'm running uBlock and not getting it any more. Apparently that will block it. I think it must act like an ad program, but it's supposed to be able to expand and bring friends with it. But don't quote me on this--I'm just an old computer idiot....and entirely self taught(except when I learn somethin' from y'all smarty-asses.)
thanks again. Yeah I saw all that online. It's nasty even if it isn't a trojan. On reddit they said it was like ads and just took the place of ads because it could. I looked for uBlock but didn't find it. Is there a site for it? thanks again.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
There's like 4 other forums and none of them are voldemort. If one has a suspicious script running on it it'd be way more helpful to name it than dance around it.
It's probably MTF since Tjololo came and addressed it. (Probably)

D

Deleted member 526

I was thinking th but now I'm wondering if it's mtg because there has been spam on there anyway

Reactions: Starslip
D

Deleted member 481

I can tell some people have a list of what hits they do first on adsforces. The dynamic text always goes 1st & emotional one last, lol. I do it the same way too cause some are shorter. If someone has a written list, feel free to send it to me.

cassius

Reaction score
If the mods say I can name it I will? Mods? I think most people here know which one it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.