Not open for further replies.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Identify what a customer's message means | Accept
Requester: Square Conversations [A2ISIRZOVT9VOI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.62] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.18
Duration: 18:00
Available: 6986
Description: Read a short SMS transcript and pick an option that best matches a customer's intent. Qualification is automatically assigned
Qualifications: Location In CA, GB, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Qualification for 'Identify what a customer's message means' GreaterThan 90

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
Title: Game Demo Test (20min-2.50 reward ) | Accept
Requester: M. Jarrell [A18SR9PPKGWUOY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Evaluation study of an educational game developed for children conducted by Clemson University
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 96; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
This is probably easy to catch because it seems to be broken. When you get to the game link that gives a 404 error, change .../game2/.html?... to .../game2.html?... (or whatever game# you get if there are more than one).

edit: several short writing boxes. If you hate HITs with writing, pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blakkat

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
BROKEN LINK :(

Title: Psychological construct survey | PANDA
Requester: Bagby Lab [A2AA4TF2VNU7KJ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.56 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 12 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: A study examining and validating a psychological construct
Time: 7200
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: None

Last edited:
Reactions: Blakkat

chrisy

Reaction score
Finally got a reply from Amazon about my account being flagged...

"Thank you for your patience while we reviewed the warning we sent to your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Worker account. Upon review, our investigations team determined that the appropriate action was taken. Per our initial email, your account was flagged for using robots, scripts, or other automated methods as a substitute for your human intelligence and independent judgment, which violates Section 3(b) of the MTurk Participation Agreement.
MTurk is a marketplace for completing tasks by exercising human intelligence. We take this seriously, so if you continue this prohibited activity to complete HITs in the future or otherwise fail to make a conscientious effort to provide complete and accurate responses for the HITs you submit, your account will be suspended without further warning. "

This is so frustrating and unfair. I have literally never, in my 6 or so years of working on mturk, used and automated method to complete HITs. Not once. So the fact that they are accusing me of this and think they have taken the appropriate action is scary. They can just shut down our account for no reason. I am a single mom and this is the only means of income I have right now. It would be devastating to my situation if they randomly suspended my account.
I got the exact same message so it looks like a canned response. And I don't use bots either since I primarily do text transcriptions from images or PDFs (but not voices, being an international worker not a native English speaker). I wonder what algorithms they are using to detect robots etc, probably not from the quality of work as I have submitted a little over 200k HITs since 2016 with only 8 rejections from p9r and Recognition. Or could it be triggered by the .97cents/hour article, pruning lowly-paid workers like me to improve their profile in the press? Anyhow it's their platform so there's not much I can do. Maybe it's time to get more exposure outside Amazon.

Reactions: tigerlily

dreamonjaded1

Reaction score
Title: Identify what a customer's message means | Accept
Requester: Square Conversations [A2ISIRZOVT9VOI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.62] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.18
Duration: 18:00
Available: 6986
Description: Read a short SMS transcript and pick an option that best matches a customer's intent. Qualification is automatically assigned
Qualifications: Location In CA, GB, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Qualification for 'Identify what a customer's message means' GreaterThan 90
I feel like I could do these fairly quickly... I just fear rejection if I misjudge one.

Reactions: teal4life

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like I could do these fairly quickly... I just fear rejection if I misjudge one.
I did some the other day with no problems. I am an older worker and tend to be a slower worker and very cautious. They all approved.

Reactions: dreamonjaded1

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 20-30min survey about personality & person perception (headphones required) | Accept
Requester: SEN Lab [A1TJ2DC4CXPNI0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.08] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.35] [Fast=4.96] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.47] [Reviews=61] [ToS=1]
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: You will provide demographic information, answer questions about personality and emotions, and complete imagery and categorization tasks. This survey contains audio components - headphones required.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! I over analyze my initial reaction and sometimes I'm like bute, well, maybe... :wideyed:
I do that too. It is actually a perfectionist/anxiety problem I have. It also makes it hard to do things that are subjective. Just do what you are comfortable with. (don't post on forum much because I over analyze what I write)

Status
Not open for further replies.