11/29 - Wreath Wednesday!

Who would win in a fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Grrrrr! Has anyone here had their number spoofed before? I'm getting calls left and right from angry people.
I had that happen before. I suggest trying an app that's free called YouMail. You can set it up to automatically go to voicemail any contact not in your phone, and there are quite a few recordings in the library. A lot of generic ones to use, so that if someone who didn't know you were calling, the recording they would get would confuse them royally. You can also set different recordings for each of your contacts as well. Give it a try, it's free!

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
was going to make a poll that asked "bone in or bonesless" but i know i would want to block everyone that said boneless. plus i think ive done that poll in the past

other poll ideas?

Binxybaby

Reaction score

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Rephrase Questions to natural spoken English while preserving the Meaning. For Qual, All HITs are Approved. | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: AI Research [A3LTNRRU8HW9PL] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $3.60/hr] [Pen: 3.00 days] [Res: 100% of 1] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.07
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 149
Description: Used for novel AI Question Answering system. This is a sample. Workers that will do well will be granted a "Skill" for a much larger task.
Requirements: AI Natural Language Question Rephraser DoesNotExist ; Location In AU, GB, US, ZA; Successfully concluded working on AI Research question answering tasks DoesNotExist ;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Reactions: 4ourfuture

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
was going to make a poll that asked "bone in or bonesless" but i know i would want to block everyone that said boneless. plus i think ive done that poll in the past

other poll ideas?
Boneless wings don't exist.
They are just fancy chicken nuggets.

Mikeyyyyy

Contributor
Champion
Reaction score

other poll ideas?
"Odds that PeachyRider retains his belt in fantasy football"

Choice 1: 0%

End Poll.

SliceofLife

Contributor
Reaction score
I had that happen before. I suggest trying an app that's free called YouMail. You can set it up to automatically go to voicemail any contact not in your phone, and there are quite a few recordings in the library. A lot of generic ones to use, so that if someone who didn't know you were calling, the recording they would get would confuse them royally. You can also set different recordings for each of your contacts as well. Give it a try, it's free!
Thanks I'll try that out. I was thinking I might need to change my number. I've had a total of 32 calls today from angry people saying I'm calling them. I'd hate to change my number though.

ActionJohnny

Reaction score
Grrrrr! Has anyone here had their number spoofed before? I'm getting calls left and right from angry people.
Unfortunately, yes. Like 5 years ago someone was being harassed via text messages "from" my number. I got a call from a police detective. Called him back, answered a few quick questions (he believed that spoofing was going on and I had nothing to do with it), then promptly changed my number.

I was with Verizon at the time and you could do it all from the website, very easy. It was a pain to switch over billing info and update contacts of course. Now, 90% of the time, I just give out my Google voice number in case I ever have to change my cell number due to spam or something like this. Thankfully no repeats of the issue.

SliceofLife

Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes. Like 5 years ago someone was being harassed via text messages "from" my number. I got a call from a police detective. Called him back, answered a few quick questions (he believed that spoofing was going on and I had nothing to do with it), then promptly changed my number.

I was with Verizon at the time and you could do it all from the website, very easy. It was a pain to switch over billing info and update contacts of course. Now, 90% of the time, I just give out my Google voice number in case I ever have to change my cell number due to spam or something like this. Thankfully no repeats of the issue.
Uh Oh! I'm on Verizon.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score

other poll ideas?
Aren't boneless wings just chicken nuggets for adults?

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Categorization | PANDA
Requester: Steven Snow [A3GAVAUPTHM0B8] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $0.06
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 175
Description: Choose the correct category
Requirements: Masters has been granted;

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Is this beverage coffee or tea? | PANDA
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - Tax Engine [A1WLM99D8G0KE5] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.75] [Fast: 4.38] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $15.16/hr] [Pen: 2.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.03
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 349
Description: Categorize the item as based on product info page
Requirements: Masters has been granted; Tax Engine Banned Workers has not been granted;

Reactions: Starslip

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What's the difference between a fancy chicken nugget and a chicken tender?
A tender is a specific and unique muscle in a chicken, akin to a tenderloin in larger animals. Very similar to breast meat. It's long and skinny, just like a chicken strip. The term chicken strip is more generic, so something selling under that name could likely use meat from any part.

source: reddit

WarmPotato

Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that out. I was thinking I might need to change my number. I've had a total of 32 calls today from angry people saying I'm calling them. I'd hate to change my number though.
I've had this happen to me once in the last few months - first time that's ever happened. I mean, other than people who are calling the wrong number expecting someone else, I'm not even sure how they got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SliceofLife
Status
Not open for further replies.