12/01 - Xena Friday!

Did you know the forum offers 2 step verification? https://goo.gl/YWeH3U

• Yes, I did, and I use it.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Yes, but I don't care.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • No, but I might start using it now that I know.

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • No. Don't care. Leave me alone. Go away.

Votes: 35 44.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from DM Lab for work related to 3HXK2V1N4KXGX0HCG3VHIETDK8RG22.
The value of your bonus is: $20.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
You were randomly selected to receive a bonus payment for a decision you made on a survey on decision-making under risk.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Nice start for the day.

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
So I was wondering, I remember we talked about this a while ago but I dont recall the day. We had a discussion about good podcasts to listen to while Turking. Is there a thread about this somewhere and if there isn't can we start one, I'm looking for good ideas.
If anyone is a creative type and is also ADD-ish and hopelessly messy I recommend A Slob Comes Clean. She really helped me to understand my brain a bit more.

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If anyone is a creative type and is also ADD-ish and hopelessly messy I recommend A Slob Comes Clean. She really helped me to understand my brain a bit more.
Awesome, I'll add it to the list I'm making. I'm not sure I need anymore 'help' on my brain. I started taking anti-depressants earlier this year and have been steadily increasing the dose. They've really started to kick in lately as I've been in great moods, and have been much more productive Turking, and my boyfriend seems to like me much more lately:joyful:

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Hmm....

I'm going to have cupping done today. :D

So I can be positive about that, but i still maintain my pessimistic attitude

:p
Oh fun! Have you done it before? I'm interested in doing that but I'm scared lol
This also makes me think of an episode of Supernatural that I recently watched were the lady got cupping done and the spa lady was a blood sucker so she lost like 10 lbs in one sitting lol

Reactions: Req.body and kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Oh fun! Have you done it before? I'm interested in doing that but I'm scared lol
This also makes me think of an episode of Supernatural that I recently watched were the lady got cupping done and the spa lady was a blood sucker so she lost like 10 lbs in one sitting lol
Ha! Once a couple months ago, I was her guinea pig. It actually feels really good, and it relaxes your muscles immensely. It's also not the "wet" type where they actually cut the skin. That would be a no go for me.

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome, I'll add it to the list I'm making. I'm not sure I need anymore 'help' on my brain. I started taking anti-depressants earlier this year and have been steadily increasing the dose. They've really started to kick in lately as I've been in great moods, and have been much more productive Turking, and my boyfriend seems to like me much more lately:joyful:
That is great. I'm glad it's working for you. I took Zoloft for 5 years and it was a game changer. I did feel more way productive without the anxiety. I feel like it did its job and I stopped a month or 2 ago. But I still feel my brain is wired in this way that makes me naturally messy. It's weird and probably really annoying to live with.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Making Judgments Part 1 of 2 | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.25] [Fast: 4.70] [Comm: 4.83] [Fair: 4.82] [Reviews: 40] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $8.35/hr] [Pen: 0.86 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 83% of 6] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.80
Duration: 35 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Read a brief story about cheating and answer some questions about it. The task will take 5-7 min.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8
1 min

Req.body

Crow
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Making Judgments Part 1 of 2 | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.25] [Fast: 4.70] [Comm: 4.83] [Fair: 4.82] [Reviews: 40] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $8.35/hr] [Pen: 0.86 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 83% of 6] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.80
Duration: 35 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Read a brief story about cheating and answer some questions about it. The task will take 5-7 min.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8
1 min
:eek:

Reactions: C to the J

fragments

Reaction score
So I was wondering, I remember we talked about this a while ago but I dont recall the day. We had a discussion about good podcasts to listen to while Turking. Is there a thread about this somewhere and if there isn't can we start one, I'm looking for good ideas.
Depending on your tastes, Russel Brand has a newer podcast called Under the Skin where he talks to different people about the current worldstate and how we best move forward as a human culture. It's extremely interesting (to me at least). But it does have a lot to process at times if you want to take away some interesting stuff in how insane our world is in regards to psychology, economy, etc.

RancidYetti

[redacted]
Reaction score
My [redacted] recently moved back home from [redacted] and he's really into disc golf. His group invited me to play with them this weekend.

So my question is, what type of drugs/alcohol are appropriate for disc golf. Surely that's not something you do sober.

edit: names and locations removed to protect the innocent.

Last edited:

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Depending on your tastes, Russel Brand has a newer podcast called Under the Skin where he talks to different people about the current worldstate and how we best move forward as a human culture. It's extremely interesting (to me at least). But it does have a lot to process at times if you want to take away some interesting stuff in how insane our world is in regards to psychology, economy, etc.
Thanks, I'll add it to my playlist

fragments

Reaction score
My cousin recently moved back home from Hawaii and he's really into disc golf. His group invited me to play with them this weekend.

So my question is, what type of drugs/alcohol are appropriate for disc golf. Surely that's not something you do sober.
Anyone I have ever met doing disc golf type stuff is at a minimum, drunk. But there tends to be other substances there that seem far more fun for the task. :p

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I got started early, and have had a good morning, should make goal early today and take the evening off with a nice bottle of wine:happy:

I'm very happy today.
Try a decent bottle of Pouill-Fuisse with Camembert cheese (slices of on Ritz Crackers). A taste marvel. Stellar!!!!!

e

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.