12/06 - Tehran Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I like that explanation better than ours lol
I am surrounded by people with vastly more money than me. I had to justify poor Santa, lol.

Now my kid just asks for big stuff, like a Switch, for Christmas and hopes we give him money to buy it if we can't afford to buy it outright. Kid has his own money, he just doesn't want to pay the entire cost.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues accessing their dashboard? :eek:

edit: nevermind, it fixed itself. That was super weird! Only my dashboard wouldn't show up.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I am surrounded by people with vastly more money than me. I had to justify poor Santa, lol.

Now my kid just asks for big stuff, like a Switch, for Christmas and hopes we give him money to buy it if we can't afford to buy it outright. Kid has his own money, he just doesn't want to pay the entire cost.
smart kid! :p
nope

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | Accept
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.49] [Pay=2.47] [Fast=4.16] [Comm=3.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.14] [Fast=4.64] [Comm=4.08] [Fair=4.33] [Reviews=107] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.29] [Pen=1.22 days] [Res=null] [Rec=40%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=2]
Reward: 1.04
Duration: 45:00
Available: 4
Description: This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (undefined)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; C-SATS Block DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
C-SATS are up.[/td][/tr]

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

edit: nevermind, it fixed itself. That was super weird! Only my dashboard wouldn't show up.
It'll randomly do that once in a blue moon.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score

My coworker got a "page exceed" error about that same time when trying dashboard.

Reactions: Despairagus

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,
Had to tell you what I taught my children about Santa. When I was about 9, my parents sent us to my Grandparents for Christmas since they were sick. They forgot to send the S-Gifts. While all my cousins had toys, me and my siblings only had the practical gift. I watched my Aunt whisper to my uncle and then leave the house. She came back about 30 minutes later with the gifts that Santa had apparently left by the door. My siblings did not understand but even 46 years later and having lost that wonderful woman to dementia, I taught my children that Santa is real, we just don't always know what they look like. Just a side note. Back then, stores were not open, she lived 2 hours away, so I can only think she went and found the man and got our presents.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,
Had to tell you what I taught my children about Santa. When I was about 9, my parents sent us to my Grandparents for Christmas since they were sick. They forgot to send the S-Gifts. While all my cousins had toys, me and my siblings only had the practical gift. I watched my Aunt whisper to my uncle and then leave the house. She came back about 30 minutes later with the gifts that Santa had apparently left by the door. My siblings did not understand but even 46 years later and having lost that wonderful woman to dementia, I taught my children that Santa is real, we just don't always know what they look like. Just a side note. Back then, stores were not open, she lived 2 hours away, so I can only think she went and found the man and got our presents.
oh my gosh that's precious <3
I asked HIM for an expensive gift this year. I'm hoping he comes through. He said he would.

He makes decent money for a 14 year old who runs his own "businesses". He can afford to spoil his mama.
wow, what does he do?

Reactions: Minx2121

Minx2121

Reaction score

That probably helps my Santa situation, most people around us are around the same income, I have run into only a few that were way above where we are as far as money to burn goes :p

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone on FB said they told their kid this is the time of year where everyone pretends Santa is real. So that way he pretends with his friends and doesn't ruin it for others.
My kids know that he WAS a real person, and people, in general do the "Santa thing" in his spirit/honor of his giving and all that. That he was a really good and kind dude and it's important to take care of our communities like he did. And that part of the fun for some families is pretending that he's still around in the flesh, and magically still gives to kids at Christmastime. So they don't ruin it for others either.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
wow, what does he do?
1) Sells the scarves he makes. He sells them at the one big vendor fair, and also in front of our house just before Christmas. He's setting up a table this weekend on our front lawn. (However, I don't think he's going to do as well as he hopes, since he didn't listen to his mom and make more of the scarves everyone loves the most and pays the highest amount for!)

2) Does house/pet/yard sitting for several neighbors. One neighbor was gone for five weeks. He made BANK on that gig.

Kiddo has more money in a bank savings account than many adults do.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
1) Sells the scarves he makes. He sells them at the one big vendor fair, and also in front of our house just before Christmas. He's setting up a table this weekend on our front lawn. (However, I don't think he's going to do as well as he hopes, since he didn't listen to his mom and make more of the scarves everyone loves the most and pays the highest amount for!)

2) Does house/pet/yard sitting for several neighbors. One neighbor was gone for five weeks. He made BANK on that gig.

Kiddo has more money in a bank savings account than many adults do.
nice! he's definitely going places

Reactions: Minx2121
Status
Not open for further replies.