12/14 - Tilt a Whirl Thursday!

Do you like the 45 day totals on top of the enhanced worker dashboard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
i'm not ok with it because next week Comcast is going to say I have to pay them $10 extra a month to unlock the Amazon part of the internet or some shit
I thought about this last night. What if they do stuff like that? Like I have to pay to access mturk?

Then I thought: No way. Amazon would never let that happen. They won't let providers make it more difficult to access their stuff. I have to say, this is one time I would rely on Amazon (or even other companies, like Netflix) to throw massive shit fits if their users were blocked from accessing content.

(I also could be living in a Mary Poppins world and it could happen!)

Reactions: Binxybaby

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Did everyone get this? It just popped up for me so FYI if you didn't see it:

Every feature from MTurk Suite may not work while if your account is still being fully migrated over to Worker. Expect updates scattered throughout the weekend while bugs get fixed and features tweaked.
HIT Finder and HIT Tracker are the next things to be updated. HIT Finder was updated just enough to limp along for a few hours. HIT Finder (Legacy) was untouched as it is being removed. It will ask if you want to import your include/blocklist from the legacy version when legacy is removed.
Requester Review coloring will be coming over the weekend.
I did, always nice to know i didn't just screw something up....except i can't figure out what hit tracker is.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I thought about this last night. What if they do stuff like that? Like I have to pay to access mturk?

Then I thought: No way. Amazon would never let that happen. They won't let providers make it more difficult to access their stuff. I have to say, this is one time I would rely on Amazon (or even other companies, like Netflix) to throw massive shit fits if their users were blocked from accessing content.

if that's the angle you're going at it, then ISPs will just force amazon to pay them a f***ton of money so their users get access to amazon, and then amazon will raise prices on stuff or raise fees on mturk (or their other services) to pay for the difference

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

cassius

Reaction score
I did, always nice to know i didn't just screw something up....except i can't figure out what hit tracker is.
I'm guessing now we just have to wait and see and hope everything shakes out as it ought to tomorrow.? :witch:

scout

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about selecting hotels | PANDA
Requester: Alex Tenaglio [A1K4H8K3A9SN01] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: We are conducting a survey about the factors that go into selecting a hotel. If you stayed in a hotel within the last year and are a member of a hotel loyalty program, we'd love to hear your opinions!
Time: 3600
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US

Title: The Experiences of Relationships Study for Men | PANDA
Requester: Ron Rogge [A1S1Q6DLK91KEK] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: Are you a male at least 18 years old and currently in a relationship? University of Rochester researchers are looking for men to complete an online survey (25-30 min) to understand the different ways that men approach relationships.
Time: 864000
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 60;Location EqualTo US

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

also, if this is the case, then say goodbye to any semblance of small businesses ever entering markets and breaking up monopolies. they will have no power and not enough money to have any influence. i mean. this is true regardless

SCOTTM

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your experiences with medical care | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: MTurk Requesters [A299RRNH6RULZ] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.86] [Fast: 4.96] [Comm: 4.20] [Fair: 4.58] [Reviews: 32] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Share your experiences with medical care, and your needs and preferences in relation to communicating with doctors
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: Location is US;
Thanks just got this.

Reactions: nopoopwarez

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
If everything breaks today, I really don't care. Caesar got through the fence and took off. He came back 30 minutes later which felt like an eternity. I'm just glad to have my dog back. It really put things into perspective for me today.

scout

Contributor
Reaction score
So, Panda Crazy has not been updated to work on the new site? Or is it because I need to update/reinstall/etc the script? On the new site, I am not seeing the "Panda" and "Once" buttons. Am I not doing it right? haha

Dang the new site is horrible. Trying to play with it today but I keep resorting back to the old site. :cry:

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
If everything breaks today, I really don't care. Caesar got through the fence and took off. He came back 30 minutes later which felt like an eternity. I'm just glad to have my dog back. It really put things into perspective for me today.
Been there! It's the absolute worst feeling. Glad he came back so quickly! :)

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
i'm not ok with it because next week Comcast is going to say I have to pay them $10 extra a month to unlock the Amazon part of the internet or some shit

I wouldn't put it past Comcast to tell everyone:

You can sign up to our Starter internet package which will allow access to 200 websites. These include major sites like Amazon, Ebay and Yahoo and other preselected sites. We allow customers to designate 25 additional sites to this list of their choosing. (These sites must be below a 1 million rank on Alexa website ranking or higher.) For additional sites like Google and Reddit, you can pay an additional $2.50 per site per month.

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So, Panda Crazy has not been updated to work on the new site? Or is it because I need to update/reinstall/etc the script? On the new site, I am not seeing the "Panda" and "Once" buttons. Am I not doing it right? haha

Dang the new site is horrible. Trying to play with it today but I keep resorting back to the old site. :cry:
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome?pandacrazy=on&usenewsite=yes

try this link instead.

edit: nevermind, didn't see the part about the buttons. I don't think that's been updated yet. but this link is for PC to work on the new site.

Last edited:
Reactions: scout

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I work at a datacenter that handles traffic for both Comcast and centurylink. We've had countless higher-ups come to mention they aren't going to be doing anything for now so no need to worry. Yeah that's a lie and all, but whatever. If they do, I'll be responsible for helping them throttle everything, which also means I won't be silent about it and get fired. Don't think this is the end of the Internet like everyone is screeching, though.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Been there! It's the absolute worst feeling. Glad he came back so quickly! :)
Thank you! First time ever, but I'm so lucky he came back, and safe. Even though he's chipped and wearing a harness with the gps and all tag info embroidered it's still so scary. None of that can save him from being injured or grabbed for dog fighting. I don't live in the nicest, most law abiding neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.