12/18 - Take on Me Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I go to all the kids things. I sit in the back, though, because sometimes kids are ridiculously funny and it's not nice for adults to giggle at kids lol

(by "all the kids" I mean the ones I'm close enough to go to. When we're in town we do the out-of-town kids things too. Auntie and Uncle of the year over here.)
I understand why my sister didn't go, it's a church event and she's kind of anti-church. My parents and his dad had no excuse, though. they just didn't want to. his dad actually was supposed to come and then just ghosted.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
my son isn't in school yet but he's been in 2 church plays and he wanted his aunt, grandparents, and dad to come so bad. None of them would. it kills me. :(
i don't particularly like kids, but if any of my friends kids specifically asked me to go, I would.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That is interesting, and I don't really understand how it works but I will quit leaving them sitting in my queue and start doing them asap and see if that helps out. Thank you!
Throttling limits the number of HITs you can have accepted at once from that batch. So if a batch is throttled and you're limited to 2 then you will only have those 2 until you can submit one and go below the threshold so you can accept another.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Throttling limits the number of HITs you can have accepted at once from that batch. So if a batch is throttled and you're limited to 2 then you will only have those 2 until you can submit one and go below the threshold so you can accept another.
Thank you!

Sarcasmologist

Profanity really makes the sentence!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand why my sister didn't go, it's a church event and she's kind of anti-church. My parents and his dad had no excuse, though. they just didn't want to. his dad actually was supposed to come and then just ghosted.
my mom isnt really a "hands on" grandparent... the most she does is probably grandparents day at school. A recital here or there. MY dad missed a lot with us (not because of the service) and he doesn't do much now either, but idk I guess when you get older you just deal with it and do what's best for your kids.
I go to some of my bff's son's football games. I don't really like football but I like the kid so I go.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
All this talk of nieces and nephews makes me kinda said. I only have one sibling who is never having kids. I do have a few nephews on the mans side, however he is older than me, and his siblings older than him, so I have one nephew in high school and two in their 20s (I'm 31)

Dill

Reaction score
When did Zoltars post? It's been awhile since i've seen them.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
All this talk of nieces and nephews makes me kinda said. I only have one sibling who is never having kids. I do have a few nephews on the mans side, however he is older than me, and his siblings older than him, so I have one nephew in high school and two in their 20s (I'm 31)
If you have close cousins, you can adopt those as niblings. We treat our cousin babies as if they're part of the crew anyhow (we've got like 12 including the two cousin babies, at that point it's like why the heck not include them?)

charlie

Reaction score
When did Zoltars post? It's been awhile since i've seen them.
probably around 7:30 am central. i overslept this morning so missed out on the larger batch but generally they post somewhere between 7:30 and 8:30 central.

Reactions: Dill

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Text comprehension study involving text and code (limited to participants with no programming experience) (~ 90 to 120 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Patrick Rein [A26N0FVXQV2DJ5] (Req TV): $36.78/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Answer questions about complex processes described in text and code (limited to participants with little to no programming experience) (~ 90 to 120 minutes)
Time: 3 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $15.00
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; code and text survey participated DoesNotExist ; US Bachelor's Degree EqualTo 1;

Worth a panda. Around 20 minutes

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
How awful is this Mcdermott Experiment?

Reactions: Kliq

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Text comprehension study involving text and code (limited to participants with no programming experience) (~ 90 to 120 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Patrick Rein [A26N0FVXQV2DJ5] (Req TV): $36.78/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Answer questions about complex processes described in text and code (limited to participants with little to no programming experience) (~ 90 to 120 minutes)
Time: 3 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $15.00
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; code and text survey participated DoesNotExist ; US Bachelor's Degree EqualTo 1;

Worth a panda. Around 20 minutes
Us not learning how to script has finally paid off.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
If you have close cousins, you can adopt those as niblings. We treat our cousin babies as if they're part of the crew anyhow (we've got like 12 including the two cousin babies, at that point it's like why the heck not include them?)
We have stupid family issues, so one of my aunts and her fam (my cousins, their wives, kids) don't really speak to us. My other cousin, whose little boy I love oh sososo much, lives in VA, so far away!
My friend has a foster daughter who I spoil the shit out of because I have no girls and no babies, and her bio mom is a POS.
Also, having grown nephews is alright, since they do fun stuff with us like go to shows, and also :weed: (the grown ones at least)

Status
Not open for further replies.