12/18 - Wubba Wednesday!

Regarding holiday travel, will you be...

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Academic study about brands | Accept
Requester: Alik Myroniv [A3RS3LCRU2NMP3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Participate in a short study on brands and shopping
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: DatJersey

michaelandmeg

Reaction score
Excuse my interruption in the daily hits thread, but I have a quick rant.

After 10+ years of Turking (with a masters qualification) my account was suspended, due to (NEED TO VERIFY IDENTITY.) At the time of receiving the suspension, my account had nearly $400.00 in my M-Turk account, which is now lost. This was also much needed Christmas money for my children.

After a week, of sending emails every single day, missing hours from work to go fax the requested identity documents, and hours of contacting Amazon via phone on lunch break, I was repeatedly told lies, with no site on getting money that is (OWED TO ME) in which I legally earned. The lies have been repeated daily. You will receive a response in 1 to two days, or 24 to 48 hours. Every response has been an automated system repeating the same thing over and over. "Fax this information to this number." I've repeatedly missed time from my day time job to "fax this information." I've also sent this same information via email. I also went out of my way to add additional verifying documents, including my social, the bank statement linked to My Amazon account, which is verified by Amazon Payments already. The only response I get is again, an automated message. No human will respond.

So I've decided to contact a legal and civil attorney. His response was to write up a cover letter, and seek to press charges if the funds aren't released within 180 days. He's constructed a legal letter requesting the return of my hard earned funds, and I'll also be pressing for lost wages from work, and also legal fee's.

Has anyone here had to go through this just to get their funds released from Amazon? If so, how far did you have to go with it?

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Experiment about decision making | Accept
Requester: Adam [A2HDKUPCFA37PN] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.01] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.74] [Fast=4.93] [Comm=4.20] [Fair=4.75] [Reviews=37] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Complete a short experiment where you make judgments about the history of a fictitious country.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: JanetW and XWarrior

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score

After 10+ years of Turking (with a masters qualification) my account was suspended, due to (NEED TO VERIFY IDENTITY.) At the time of receiving the suspension, my account had nearly $400.00 in my M-Turk account, which is now lost. This was also much needed Christmas money for my children.

After a week, of sending emails every single day, missing hours from work to go fax the requested identity documents, and hours of contacting Amazon via phone on lunch break, I was repeatedly told lies, with no site on getting money that is (OWED TO ME) in which I legally earned. The lies have been repeated daily. You will receive a response in 1 to two days, or 24 to 48 hours. Every response has been an automated system repeating the same thing over and over. "Fax this information to this number." I've repeatedly missed time from my day time job to "fax this information." I've also sent this same information via email. I also went out of my way to add additional verifying documents, including my social, the bank statement linked to My Amazon account, which is verified by Amazon Payments already. The only response I get is again, an automated message. No human will respond.

So I've decided to contact a legal and civil attorney. His response was to write up a cover letter, and seek to press charges if the funds aren't released within 180 days. He's constructed a legal letter requesting the return of my hard earned funds, and I'll also be pressing for lost wages from work, and also legal fee's.

Has anyone here had to go through this just to get their funds released from Amazon? If so, how far did you have to go with it?
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I have heard of it taking weeks (or longer) to get an account back after suspension. I've also heard of people that were never able to get their account back, but they did eventually get the funds owed to them (though I can't say how promptly this happened).

The only advice I can really give is to be really persistent and polite (as hard as that may be). Keep in mind that between it being the holiday season and Mturk transferring to a new payment system, they could be slower than usual to respond. I know that doesn't do you a lot of good now, but I don't have any other helpful advice for you unfortunately. ☹

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

You can try and reach out to Tukeropticon, another person on the FB Mturk Forum mentioned something similar (though she didn't take it as far as lawyering up), the team is trying to gather information about these incidents. Maybe they have some information about others who have gone through something similar or are currently going through it and whether they got any help from Amazon to resolve the issues.

HelloHello

Reaction score

And this is why I cash out every day and am nervous about the new pay protocol.

DatJersey

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from VALab for work related to 3O2Y2UIUCPTBSTM9467TGUUAXWTFKG.
The value of your bonus is: $1.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus payment for HIT 3O2Y2UIUCPTBSTM9467TGUUAXWTFKG

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

michaelandmeg

Reaction score
Thanks and much appreciated for the advice given so far. Unfortunately, I do not use Facebook due to privacy concerns, however I will be registering on the Amazon Developer Forum where I seen people responding on Amazon's behalf. I'll also be forwarding the letter from my attorney to amazon and several top Amazon officials addressing both Amazon and the Mechanical Turk Payment Processing Team. I would love to have my account re-instated, because I love working on Amazon M-turk in my spare time, however, my primary concern is getting the hard earned money that I spent hours, days, and weeks to earn. I've never violated policy and answer surveys honestly, and have never "screwed" over any requesters, and at the time I feel like they are "screwing" me over. I understand it's around the holidays, and things could be running slow on their end, but the holidays I'd have to say is probably one of the most important times us "Part Time Turkers" need our money the most, for gifts. I'll update back when something eventually happens, but as of right now, all my emails and calls are being "IGNORED" with the exception of "automated messages." Thanks for the advice from all, much appreciated!

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: [20 Minute Test] Video Quality Test | PANDA
Requester: Ma Study [A1075SN9WRZR1R] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.73 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.18 Generosity
★★★★ 4.65 Fairness
★★★★ 4.50 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 44 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: -
Time: 3600
HITs Available: 25
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
a different Ma posted

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: [20 Minute Test] Video Quality Test | Accept
Requester: Ma Study [A1075SN9WRZR1R] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.70] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.89] [Fast=4.14] [Comm=1.80] [Fair=4.43] [Reviews=23] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 37
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90

Reactions: JanetW

Akai

Reaction score
Can you do multiple MA video hits? I just did one, accepted another, and didn't throw me the "sorry they're reserved for other workers" message....

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Can you do multiple MA video hits? I just did one, accepted another, and didn't throw me the "sorry they're reserved for other workers" message....
Looks like it's another new batch because I was given that message the first time and just caught it later on as the second time, now able to do it.

DarkGifts

Reaction score
I had a question about the new way the bank transfers are setup. I started te process and it gave me the days for which it will process them. With that being said, can you also transfer a balance within the window like normal before the preset processing day?

Lumius

Reaction score
There were two batches today-you're limit to one MA Video per set. He's released 4 sets on one day though previously though. The first one today had quality in parentheses in the title, the second one didn't. A @Akai

[20-30 Minute] Video Quality Ratings (Various Content, and Qualities) --Batch 1

[20 Minute Test] Video Quality Test -Batch 2

Last edited:

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
have at it!

Reactions: XWarrior

XWarrior

Reaction score
I had a question about the new way the bank transfers are setup. I started te process and it gave me the days for which it will process them. With that being said, can you also transfer a balance within the window like normal before the preset processing day?
No, it appears that option is no longer available once you initiate the new method.

Reactions: DarkGifts
Status
Not open for further replies.