12/19 - Trading Places Tuesday

Have you seen coffeeowl's favorite "holiday" movie Trading Places?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Framework43

MC Enthusiast
Contributor
Reaction score
it currently doesn't have the option to sort by TO. i don't find that useful anyway, you would miss out on new requesters that don't have TO reviews yet. i find it more useful to block specific requesters that i don't want to see.
Putting on a limit of say 2.5-3.0, still shows Requesters with no TO.

Reactions: Jaded

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I've tried a few and none bring up any TO options. Is there a URL that I'm supposed to use that I'm not using? I'm going straight to HF from the MTS options dropdown, no idea if that affects anything.

Matter of fact, I'll probably just message Kad or post on the MTS thread again.
Has mts updated for you in the last 24 hours? What exactly isn't working for you?

hailhailrocknyoga

Reaction score
try reinstalling panda crazy and restarting your browsers, there's been a few updates with it
Thanks. I see it did change a little but from what i'm ready the buttons won't show up on a hit thats completely gone? I only get the panda buttons when the hit is available and can be accepted right then and there which defeats the purpose no? I guess I can manually add the jobs for now...

Reactions: kryss

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 3.5-minute survey on company evaluation. | AcceptA
Requester: Taehoon Park [A1Z7K8YTH5N2XN] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.57] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 9] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.40
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: 3.5-minute academic study on company evaluation.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

Binxybaby

Reaction score
I know it's been a stressful week for all here on mturk so let's just do our best to keep our spirits up. We still get to sit on our bums and make some money from the comfort of our own homes :).
Yes! Thank you for posting this! We all need to be patient with mturk and with each other!
I personally don't get to make money from my home but maybe one day! I'm slowly earning more and more each day!

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Thanks. I see it did change a little but from what i'm ready the buttons won't show up on a hit thats completely gone? I only get the panda buttons when the hit is available and can be accepted right then and there which defeats the purpose no? I guess I can manually add the jobs for now...
So this is an issue with amazon. When you go to accept a hit and the hit is gone, amazon redirects the url to a search page, so it doesn't allow the buttons to work on that page, at the moment. There *should* be a fix for this in the coming days, no eta yet. In the mean time, you need to right click on the accept link (from where ever you're grabbing the hits), copy link address, and manually add that link into PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: optipfrog

Binxybaby

Reaction score
My $20 app testing HIT got approved but its not paid yet! Im hoping that I'll have that in my account before I have to transfer it over at the end of the day!

hailhailrocknyoga

Reaction score
So this is an issue with amazon. When you go to accept a hit and the hit is gone, amazon redirects the url to a search page, so it doesn't allow the buttons to work on that page, at the moment. There *should* be a fix for this in the coming days, no eta yet. In the mean time, you need to right click on the accept link (from where ever you're grabbing the hits), copy link address, and manually add that link into PC.
Thanks! That is what I will do for now. One more question. I usually only click "Once" on surveys but as I am manually adding it is wanting to grab the same survey multiple times. Is there a way when manually adding to only add it once?

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 6-8 minute Academic Study, $1.2 | AcceptA
Requester: Shi Jia [A2LXH4KRQ79RE5] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $14.38] [Pay: 4.25] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.05] [Fast: 4.90] [Comm: 2.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 24] [ToS: 1]
Reward:
$1.20
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Answer a very short survey on your opinions for academic research - 6-8 minutes for $1.2
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

An even 4 minutes.

Last edited:

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thanks! That is what I will do for now. One more question. I usually only click "Once" on surveys but as I am manually adding it is wanting to grab the same survey multiple times. Is there a way when manually adding to only add it once?
after you add it, click details and change once from false to true

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Title: 3 minutes 20 cents: survey about moral judgments(~ 3 minutes) | AcceptA
Requester: MPM Lab [A1J6SU6ZXAXNU1] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $8.84] [Pay: 3.67] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.41] [Fast: 3.68] [Comm: 1.45] [Fair: 4.81] [Reviews: 96] [ToS: 0]
Reward:
$0.20
Duration: 10 minutes
Description: 3 minutes 20 cents: survey about moral judgments
Requirements: Exc: [68924-68335] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 10000; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95

masterx1234

Contributor
Reaction score
Qualtrics survey says "Sorry, an unexpected error occurred.B.35mr2o0.jbdp92u9". Sigh.... still messed up?
"

SCOTTM

Reaction score
The sad thing is, in most of our country this is considered an extreme stance. Most other modern countries completely discourage coming in sick, some to the point that it's actually against the law to come in sick (or to make your employees do so). It's also more productive - staying out a few days to heal up is better than working at 1/10 power and also infecting others. In the good old United States, though, we act as if working while sick is a noble thing, and end up driving production WAY down as a result.
Good point about working sick part as when I worked at Amazon warehouse in the holiday season of 2016 they encouraged workers to tough it out. It was a bad idea because the warehouse had poor ventilation and they had these fans that blew everywhere, so when people coughed or sneezed the germs would go everywhere. This caused a lot workers to get the flu and miss a week. Brought down production, plus the few workers who didn't get the flu became overworked and tired.

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
All I know is that PRE's, which cause me all kinds of headaches, are sooooo much better on the new site. I'm hoping they stay this way after everyone gets their scripts updated.
I am getting significantly less as well. Go figure. They updated something that was almost a decade old and it performed better. Didn't know it was possible for new things to be good in any way. /sarcasm

Reactions: SarahAshlee90
Status
Not open for further replies.