• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Virginia Beach. Luckily we have a house but both my kids are out in apartments and it's pricey. I don't see how young people make it these days :grandma:
i have so many friends from VB. they all left hahaha

Reactions: savvy

arcyjay

Reaction score
a qualifications link is back - on the top of my mturk page - it directs me back to the old site to search my quals
Yeah, I think mine came yesterday. It was nice to see even though I rarely went there.

Reactions: jan

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
If someone wanted a cheap laptop for just turking would Wal-Mart be a bad choice?
If just Mturk and basic web browsing I would say not a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaded

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Emotion Tagging 20171221112344 | Accept
Requester: Data Science Group, The New York Times [ARWMJ23S7NBF8] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $10.80] [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $8.23] [Pen: 0.08 days] [Res: 100% of 1] [Rec: 100% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.04
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 18
Description: Tag headlines with emotion tags.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
i have so many friends from VB. they all left hahaha
I'm sure -- it's not like it used to be. My husband and I talk about moving but we both have aging parents who are still here and we are helping to take care of them . . . so for now we are stuck here.

Reactions: bxpretzel

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
swva is good. i would live in western montgomery or giles county in a heartbeat. natural bridge is kinda trashy though at least the zoo is

I'm just trying to get into the VA DCR State Parks, ideal central, south central, SW VA. Natural Bridge isn't ideal but it was the first interview I got. Roanoke County is opening up a bunch more parks over the next few years and I am watching that like a hawk. SWVA is ideal. I have a very good friend in Lynchburg and would like to be close-ish to her. In the next six months or so I will fold and get a clerical hospital job in Lynchburg because it is a living wage there. Unless my romantic situation changes, I'll hold out for an ideal job then. Had big plans with my ex, because he can work from anywhere there is high speed internet, and he could fully support us in HR, so when he left my dream to move away took a grinding halt.

It will happen sooner or later.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
If someone wanted a cheap laptop for just turking would Wal-Mart be a bad choice?
it shouldn't be an issue. just don't get the cheapest one. remember Chrome is a memory hog so plan on more ram than usual.

Reactions: Jaded

arcyjay

Reaction score
i went through the same shit.

u gotta be fast.

if u click on a link in scraper and it says no longer available, quickly go back to scraper, find the "accept" link, RIGHT CLICK AND GO TO COPY LINK ADDRESS.

Put that link into panda crazy to start a panda for it.
There's probably a more elegant way, but I just copy every link address before I click to accept it.
Wow, thanks! That's a bit of a nightmare but it's better than the flail-y panic into which I was descending.

savvy

Reaction score
I'm sure -- it's not like it used to be. My husband and I talk about moving but we both have aging parents who are still here and we are helping to take care of them . . . so for now we are stuck here.
My mom has a five year plan to leave here - all my family got out of the military when stationed here and never left, so we don't actually have any family here. My brother already left twelve years ago. Oh this area, is so so sad. So frustrating. This is why I just hide in the parks lol

Reactions: Kat8mouse

Binxybaby

Reaction score
GUYS!! I got a new job! It only pays $1 more than I make now but I'm going from Receptionist to Administrative Assistant. No more phone duties and my own cubicle! The pros outweigh the cons. I'm so excited to get out of here! Hopefully Ill still be able to Turk in my down time there.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm just trying to get into the VA DCR State Parks, ideal central, south central, SW VA. Natural Bridge isn't ideal but it was the first interview I got. Roanoke County is opening up a bunch more parks over the next few years and I am watching that like a hawk. SWVA is ideal. I have a very good friend in Lynchburg and would like to be close-ish to her. In the next six months or so I will fold and get a clerical hospital job in Lynchburg because it is a living wage there. Unless my romantic situation changes, I'll hold out for an ideal job then. Had big plans with my ex, because he can work from anywhere there is high speed internet, and he could fully support us in HR, so when he left my dream to move away took a grinding halt.

It will happen sooner or later.
i went to virginia tech and i love swva. it is why i fell in love with the appalachian mountains even after i lived in the pacific northwest. i still have some friends there around carroll and floyd counties and my brother is in blacksburg now. i hope you can make it happen!

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
GUYS!! I got a new job! It only pays $1 more than I make now but I'm going from Receptionist to Administrative Assistant. No more phone duties and my own cubicle! The pros outweigh the cons. I'm so excited to get out of here! Hopefully Ill still be able to Turk in my down time there.
Congrats!

Reactions: Binxybaby and savvy

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
im jealous as fuck, but congrats!!! :)

Reactions: Binxybaby

savvy

Reaction score
i went to virginia tech and i love swva. it is why i fell in love with the appalachian mountains even after i lived in the pacific northwest. i still have some friends there around carroll and floyd counties and my brother is in blacksburg now. i hope you can make it happen!
Still haven't been to tech but I want to get to a football game eventually. I spend all my vacation time in Nelson county and on the james river. Mountains are life. Ugh guess I should go back to working lol

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yay!! Please tell me you have a new babysitter :playful:

savvy

Reaction score
Hell yes! Congrats. Moving up!

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Yay -- congratulations :celebrate2:

Status
Not open for further replies.