Not open for further replies.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Quick Survey Tuesday, December 26, 2017 #7 | Accept
Requester: Nate Hodges [A1AQHR31NR4J6N] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $29.64] [Pay: 4.58] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.53] [Fast: 4.71] [Comm: 4.60] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 73] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$10.00
Duration: 2 hours 20 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Please take a look at a few questions and provide us with your thoughts.
Requirements: ICO 200 Deep Exists; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: SCOTTM

Bluedogan

Reaction score
?doNotRedirect=true just stopped working for me

... :rain:

this means no more hit database II
You mean you still had been able to get it to work? I haven't. I got two rejects this past week on doing surveys I apparently did months ago again.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I am betting this person has spent a while sending out emails, unless it's a copy/pasta

Fair response? I have no problem eating the rejection, technically I wasn't paying attention after I thought I was finished with the survey and missed the code, but that still doesn't mean putting it there wasn't shady as fuck. I was willing to let it go.
This strikes me as a case where it might be viable to complain to the IRB. I haven't followed this whole discussion, but this seems to be a university experiment. This is really a shifty move by the requester. I suspect it arises simply from the requester not really grasping how people actually do online experiments, but it is shifty nonetheless. Anyone who has done more than a few genuine "studies" (as opposed to the dime a dozen psych and social science stuff) knows how to differentiate the real study from the surrounding technical stuff, and if experimenters don't know that, then that is their fault. Nobody expects shifty attention check stuff in boilerplate parts of an actual experiment, and it is unreasonable to expect otherwise. The IRB often does have actual power over requesters, and a well-thought message might bring results.

Reactions: Jessie Bustin

Jessie Bustin

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm glad it's not just me. Hopefully they fix it. I know receipt batches are a drag, but these didn't seem to pay too badly.
Looks like they might be trying to fix them, they updated them a few minutes ago.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
This strikes me as a case where it might be viable to complain to the IRB. I haven't followed this whole discussion, but this seems to be a university experiment. This is really a shifty move by the requester. I suspect it arises simply from the requester not really grasping how people actually do online experiments, but it is shifty nonetheless. Anyone who has done more than a few genuine "studies" (as opposed to the dime a dozen psych and social science stuff) knows how to differentiate the real study from the surrounding technical stuff, and if experimenters don't know that, then that is their fault. Nobody expects shifty attention check stuff in boilerplate parts of an actual experiment, and it is unreasonable to expect otherwise. The IRB often does have actual power over requesters, and a well-thought message might bring results.
IIRC, it wasn't a university research requester/HIT and was a business thing.

Reactions: Starslip

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Honestly they just set up their HIT in a stupid way. Rather than providing unique codes at the end or tying it to your mturk ID, they asked you to create a code they couldn't verify other than by the code being in a certain format. There was no way for them to identify which mturk IDs did which HITs, and once they started sending out rejections where they described what the code should have been it became pointless because now everyone knew what the code was. The whole thing was a silly mess they could easily have avoided.

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
You're probably right, just not sure it's worth the time and effort. Probably a lazy mentality on my part, but someone else can be the hero here.

IIRC, it wasn't a university research requester/HIT and was a business thing.
I know in my emails with him/her there isn't an .edu or university referenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.