12/26 - Waddle Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I think there's enough to stay afloat. Just not any extra for prizes. I still feel like we should do them, regardless of the lack of prizes. I know banners are stupid and don't mean much but, people like a bit of competition, pride of winning and recognition for their efforts etc. At least there'd be a bit of incentive for people to post HITs other than out of the goodness of their heart or, because they're bored or out of pity because there hasn't been a HIT posted in x minutes.

I don't mean to sound like I'm slagging off MTC because I'm really not.(I'm here every day. So, I must like it:p) I personally will keep coming and use it for what it is but, ... eh, nevermind. lmao. I'm sure nobody cares what I think and I'm sure the powers that be came to the same conclusions without me pointing it out. If they made the group decision to stop, they must have thought it was the right thing to do. :shrug:

EDIT All of this said, thanks to everyone who posts HITs. You ARE appreciated!:D
I said the other day as soon as I wasnt dead tired after work and found some balance between that and writing that I'd figure out the hp/CP awards.

:)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: aveline

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

nmelssx

Reaction score

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta make actual IRL monies. I mean, what am I supposed to do with internet money?
I don't even do HITs that's under 70 cents lol.
Well, that's your preference. I'll do any HIT where the pay is good for the time. Too many times I see people sucked in because they see a $4 HIT. 90 minutes later, when they've submitted it and talk about how it's horrible, and I've submitted 100 $.10 HITs.

If you're new, I wouldn't limit yourself like that, personally. But, it's you're lemonade stand. Run it how you think is best. That said, you're cutting out more than half of the HITs on Mturk solely based on an arbitrary value, which doesn't mean much when it's not attached to a time.

If you're not new to mTurk, I'm sure you know what you're doing.:)

Just trying to help.

EDIT Also, the one HIT I did was posted by Jaded @Jaded . I do all of her HITs because I like her and they're basically free money.

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you. Sorry I missed it.:) You're appreciated too!
Admin of the Month?
idk, the competition is kinda strong :p

And I'll be honest, it'll probably be simpler when I'm doing it if I'm still workin because 2 awards would be a lot to keep up with. Probably just do a crowd pleaser.

no idea though, we'll see.

nmelssx

Reaction score
and you bragged about it? batches is where you make money here
Not bragging. Just stating my preferences. I usually don't like doing HITs under 70 cents because most of them are underpaid and I got tired of returning them over and over again.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you. Sorry I missed it.:) You're appreciated too!
Admin of the Month?
Also, I just realized I (may have) sounded really snippy in that post, sorry that wasn't intentional.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
idk, the competition is kinda strong :p

And I'll be honest, it'll probably be simpler when I'm doing it if I'm still workin because 2 awards would be a lot to keep up with. Probably just do a crowd pleaser.

no idea though, we'll see.
Just my 2 cents but, wouldn't HIT Poster promote more HITs to be posted, which would be better for the forum, imo? Then maybe if more HITs post, we draw more people, people make more money off the HITs, then they donate because they made more?

Ok, I'm done. I'll trust your judgement.:p

EDIt Didn't think you were being snippy. I could be obtuse.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

nmelssx

Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta make actual IRL monies. I mean, what am I supposed to do with internet money?

Well, that's your preference. I'll do any HIT where the pay is good for the time. Too many times I see people sucked in because they see a $4 HIT. 90 minutes later, when they've submitted it and talk about how it's horrible, and I've submitted 100 $.10 HITs.

If you're new, I wouldn't limit yourself like that, personally. But, it's you're lemonade stand. Run it how you think is best. That said, you're cutting out more than half of the HITs on Mturk solely based on an arbitrary value, which doesn't mean much when it's not attached to a time.

If you're not new to mTurk, I'm sure you know what you're doing.:)

Just trying to help.

EDIT Also, the one HIT I did was posted by Jaded @Jaded . I do all of her HITs because I like her and they're basically free money.
Been Turking for over half a year with over 6,000 approved HITs. Most of my HITs are surveys, but I did some batches as well. At first I had no idea what I was doing and just accepted anything and everything. Then I slowly learned about using scripts, reading requesters reviews, and all that. At first I started with 40 cents HITs as my lowest limit. A few months later, I changed it to 50 cents. Now, I'm not doing anything under 70 cents because most of them are underpaid, and I got tired of returning them.

Reactions: Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.