12/26 - Waddle Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but, wouldn't HIT Poster promote more HITs to be posted, which would be better for the forum, imo? Then maybe if more HITs post, we draw more people, people make more money off the HITs, then they donate because they made more?

Ok, I'm done. I'll trust your judgement.:p

EDIt Didn't think you were being snippy. I could be obtuse.
Yes, but that requires me messaging someone else ( Kadauchi @Kadauchi) to count the hit posts. The other one doesn't require anyone else's participation. Otherwise you're right though.

In an idea world you buggers would vote for whoever made you the most money, not whoever amused you but we don't live in an ideal world :p (I say that with love. It's been a problem forever, not just here.)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Been Turking for over half a year with over 6,000 approved HITs. Most of my HITs are surveys, but I did some batches as well. At first I had no idea what I was doing and just accepted anything and everything. Then I slowly learned about using scripts, reading requesters reviews, and all that. At first I started with 40 cents HITs as my lowest limit. A few months later, I changed it to 50 cents. Now, I'm not doing anything under 70 cents because most of them are underpaid, and I got tired of returning them.
Like I said, if you've been here that long, you know what's best for you. I, personally, have never been able to make more that $126 in a day on surveys alone. And, the only batch I've ever done over $.70 was posted at $.80 by accident(should have been $.08). You are correct that most of the penny stuff is underpaid but, when the good batches come along, they can blow my survey days out of the water.
I don't think anyone else does anything that's underpaid. They're just more selective about the quick HITs that they do accept.

Either way, whatever works for you is great.:)

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
idk, the competition is kinda strong :p

And I'll be honest, it'll probably be simpler when I'm doing it if I'm still workin because 2 awards would be a lot to keep up with. Probably just do a crowd pleaser.

no idea though, we'll see.
we can wait, don't kill yourself :love:

nmelssx

Reaction score
Like I said, if you've been here that long, you know what's best for you. I, personally, have never been able to make more that $126 in a day on surveys alone. And, the only batch I've ever done over $.70 was posted at $.80 by accident(should have been $.08). You are correct that most of the penny stuff is underpaid but, when the good batches come along, they can blow my survey days out of the water.
I don't think anyone else does anything that's underpaid. They're just more selective about the quick HITs that they do accept.

Either way, whatever works for you is great.:)
Same. The most I've been able to make in a day was around 120-ish as well. I did tried searching for batches to do in my earlier days, but I just can't seem for find any good ones. The only ones I constantly see are those batches where they ask you to transcript receipts, and IMO those are severely underpaid so I usually just ignored them. I might've done 1 or 2 for them before giving up for good.

Besides that, another reason for my aversion to doing batches is due to giving a single requester a great deal of control over your rejection rates. Say you do 200 HITs for one requester and he rejected every single one of them. That'll really mess up your approval rates depending on the number of HITs you have approved. I'm curious, what's the most you've made in batches alone, in a day?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Speaking of work, you know how I was complaining about how things weren't working because my start date was coded as the 17th, but I started on the 10th?

They almost didn't pay me for my first week because me starting on the 10th but not being in the system till the 17th confused the payroll system. They had to do some weird manual retro pay line item to get me that first week of pay :o

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, I think my nephew is calling with a baby announcement tonight. His mom couldn't keep it a secret, but she didn't tell me for sure for sure. It would be the first grandkid in the family. If they just got a new car, and that's the news, I'll be disappointed. :D

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Guys, I think my nephew is calling with a baby announcement tonight. His mom couldn't keep it a secret, but she didn't tell me for sure for sure. It would be the first grandkid in the family. If they just got a new car, and that's the news, I'll be disappointed. :D
Congratulations! (just in case!)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
eeek, hope it's not a car

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of work, you know how I was complaining about how things weren't working because my start date was coded as the 17th, but I started on the 10th?

They almost didn't pay me for my first week because me starting on the 10th but not being in the system till the 17th confused the payroll system. They had to do some weird manual retro pay line item to get me that first week of pay :eek:
Yeah, you probably would have gotten it late if you didn't bring it up till later. Payroll screw ups are never fun, I had a company within the last year that was mistakenly taking 160$ out of my weekly paycheck to send to a vacation fund in error.

Reactions: Jaded

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know, what if it is a really awesome car ?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Same. The most I've been able to make in a day was around 120-ish as well. I did tried searching for batches to do in my earlier days, but I just can't seem for find any good ones.
They don't stay up long. Only the garbage sticks around for that long.

The only ones I constantly see are those batches where they ask you to transcript receipts, and IMO those are severely underpaid so I usually just ignored them. I might've done 1 or 2 for them before giving up for good.
Block all of those $hit requesters that you'd never do, and they won't clog you scraper(finder, forker, whatever), if you drop the pay.

Besides that, another reason for my aversion to doing batches is due to giving a single requester a great deal of control over your rejection rates. Say you do 200 HITs for one requester and he rejected every single one of them. That'll really mess up your approval rates depending on the number of HITs you have approved.
Absolutely. Never risk more than you can afford to have rejected with any 1 unproven requester.
If there's no TO(TV, TO2) then you'll have to ask around or do a few testers. That's what a lot of us do. But, if you find one with no TO, that people are afraid of, and you do some testers for them and find that they're easier than they look and nobody is touching them, you can make a killling when everyone else is taking about how slow it is.

I'm curious, what's the most you've made in batches alone, in a day?
Double my best 'survey only' day. $246. It wasn't the day of the $.80 screw up. Made most of it on the overnight when a killer unknown batch dropped in the early am, and I had done almost $100 before everyone woke up and realized how cool they were. I do mostly surveys but, I wouldn't discount a batch solely based pay without taking into account time needed to complete.

EDIT imo $120-ish is about max on a survey day. I went for like 16 hrs and only did well paying stuff. I just think that there's not enough time in a day to make much more.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberwasp

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from AmberJade McCracken for work related to 35XW21VSVGJVRDNT7DW9XG65XRRLSW.
The value of your bonus is: $0.03 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you Jerami for being the coolest guy ever! You're my favourite and, if you had an action figure, I'd keep it NIB.
You're a hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

:angelic:

nmelssx

Reaction score
They don't stay up long. Only the garbage sticks around for that long.

Block all of those $hit requesters that you'd never do, and they won't clog you scraper(finder, forker, whatever), if you drop the pay.

Absolutely. Never risk more than you can afford to have rejected with any 1 unproven requester.
If there's no TO(TV, TO2) then you'll have to ask around or do a few testers. That's what a lot of us do. But, if you find one with no TO, that people are afraid of, and you do some testers for them and find that they're easier than they look and nobody is touching them, you can make a killling when everyone else is taking about how slow it is.

Double my best 'survey only' day. $246. It wasn't the day of the $.80 screw up. Made most of it on the overnight when a killer unknown batch dropped in the early am, and I had done almost $100 before everyone woke up and realized how cool they were. I do mostly surveys but, I wouldn't discount a batch solely based pay without taking into account time needed to complete.

EDIT imo $120-ish is about max on a survey day. I went for like 16 hrs and only did well paying stuff. I just think that there's not enough time in a day to make much more.
How many HITs of this unknown batch did you do before deciding it was too risky to do anymore for fear of rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.