12/27 - Tis the Season Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pascall

Maracuyá
Reaction score
I ended up doing that longer transcription job and it took me maybe like 4 hours for 5 pages? And that was with distractions. At 8.50 a page so... Like around 10 bucks an hour (if they actually pay me).

Wasn't awful. Mostly just copying numbers.

harriss143

Baked Cuppycake
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Categorize ethnicity/gender of photos of faces | PANDA
Requester: Daniel Jones [A3INZTCYHD12F3] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.53] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.50] [Fast: 4.93]
Description:
You will be shown a picture and name of an individual. You will indicate the ethnicity/race/ancestral background and gender that you think best describes the individual.
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 354
Reward: $0.01
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
Scripting available any of you awesome super scriptors? lol

jan

Reaction score
I'm speaking from experience. I've had people overturn wrongful rejections based on t.o. I've had requesters email me asking me to leave good reviews. A lot of them care about t.o.
it's almost self-fulfilling
the more we care about TO the more they do/will :)

Reactions: thedorchannel

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
They care about the threat you made to lower their TO. (Which I believe was the original point.)

Some don't care about TO and the threat is not effective.

edit: You in general, not you specifically.
I know some don't care at all if they screwed someone over and they got negative reviews on some site.

I'm just saying it sometimes does work. so it doesn't hurt to let the bad requesters know that we are all communicating to each other about what they are doing.

Reactions: jan

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I know some don't care at all if they screwed someone over and they got negative reviews on some site.

I'm just saying it sometimes does work. so it doesn't hurt to let the bad requesters know that we are all communicating to each other about what they are doing.
Right, I don't think anyone was arguing that. Threats do sometimes work.

Reactions: thedorchannel

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Last hit export fixes has been pushed to github. Everything should be working 100% as inteded now for both normal exports and hit capsule exports.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

If a threat is what it takes to get them to fix their mistake then they are bad anyways and should be contacting an IRB or something and not TO.

Status
Not open for further replies.