12/27 - Tis the Season Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't know about that. It is kind of threatening "Reverse my rejection or I'll review you and others won't do your work." When anyone says that they are threatening, it's not an "I'm gonna kill you" threat, but it is still a threat.

note: I'm not saying this about anyone's email in particular. Just how my thought process works on saying "I'm gonna review this incident." in requester messages.
IMO no reason to ever tell them what your plans are. You message a requester to try and resolve an issue, keep everything in that message just about resolving the issue. No mention that you will write a TO review, contact IRB or anything else.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I gotta disagree on this one. I've had a lot of wrongful rejections reversed just based a lot of turkers letting the requester know that we see that we were wrongfully rejected and there is a place where it is documented.
You guys should be careful though, if the requesters get mad, they could pull our vouchers to buy stuff at the company store, and then we won't have anywhere else to go to buy hardtack biscuits or stale coffee.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
IMO no reason to ever tell them what your plans are. You message a requester to try and resolve an issue, keep everything in that message just about resolving the issue. No mention that you will write a TO review, contact IRB or anything else.
My only problem with this is some of the bad requesters out there assume that they are in complete power over us and there is really nothing we can do if they screw us over. I believe T.O. helps deter the bad requesters because it lets them know they are being watched.

Reactions: jan and adude

scootypuff_sr

Reaction score
2.5 hours in on that sgutierrez
Holy shit. Is there atleast a bonus?
You guys should be careful though, if the requesters get mad, they could pull our vouchers to buy stuff at the company store, and then we won't have anywhere else to go to buy hardtack biscuits or stale coffee.
One time Jeff Bezos himself took me out back and whipped me with a garden hose. I never did talk back again, no sir.

Reactions: Pleco and jan

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Pleco and coffeeowl

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My only problem with this is some of the bad requesters out there assume that they are in complete power over us and there is really nothing we can do if they screw us over. I believe T.O. helps deter the bad requesters because it lets them know they are being watched.
Right, but still no reason to tell a requester that you're going to leave a TO (whether it's positive or negative).

Reactions: thedorchannel

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
One time Jeff Bezos himself took me out back and whipped me with a garden hose. I never did talk back again, no sir.
Just so you know I laughed really really really hard at this and probably scared my neighbors.

Reactions: scootypuff_sr

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Right, but still no reason to tell a requester that you're going to leave a TO (whether it's positive or negative).
But thats how they know they are being watched. Thats how they know to straighten up. When they go to T.O. and see "I got rejected even though I had the right code" they know that they can't screw us over a bunch of times without it being known.

Status
Not open for further replies.