12/27 - Tis the Season Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score
Requesters complain about workers threatening them with TO somewhat frequently. I've seen it on the subreddit, on the forum, and TO itself.

it's kind of sad
I don't even bother threatening people, I just write the review. Sometimes I will mention it to new requesters that T.O. exists but other than that I never mention it when contacting someone.

Reactions: tempo and jan

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning, my favorite turkers.
Dear Diary. She called me her favorite today. and then I quoted it and replied using a "Dear Diary" post.

Hopefully this will grow into something beautiful, filled with enrichment. So that one day... I'll have the guts to finally send her that p.m. asking her to sign up for inboxdollars using my referral link.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Dear Diary. She called me her favorite today. and then I quoted it and replied using a "Dear Diary" post.

Hopefully this will grow into something beautiful, filled with enrichment. So that one day... I'll have the guts to finally send her that p.m. asking her to sign up for inboxdollars using my referral link.
:love:

Reactions: thedorchannel

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Requesters complain about workers threatening them with TO somewhat frequently. I've seen it on the subreddit, on the forum, and TO itself.

it's kind of sad
Leaving TO can be kinda of pointless sometimes.
If you want results, kidnap their pet until they overturn your rejections.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Sentence reading experiment (part 5, no repeats please) | PANDA
Requester: RC [AL2FIUFGP4HJT] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.71] [Fair: 3.64] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 4.08] [Reviews: 15] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Read English sentences, and answer correctly to comprehension questions.
Time: 40 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.50
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite

jan

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I didn't see it as trying to threaten the person but now I do see what ya'll are saying.
I don't see it as a threat at all, I think it's our only protection. But requesters, sometimes, don't realize how little power we have or how punitive their behavior can be (hard-blocks and what have you can be overly punitive, for instance, particularly in the case of honest mistakes).

But ya, I'd leave that out. Not because it's t hreatenting, but because some requesters can see it that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.