12/27 - Tis the Season Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timinator

Reaction score
You're a human, there is a way.
That is true but they didn't have to report me...they could of just told me. They never responded to me either. So I just let it be. The $2 wasn't/isn't worth getting suspended over. Ya know?

Reactions: jan

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Screener / Recruitment survey (~6 mins, multiple choice) for 2-part academic study on attitudes toward home-sharing websites | PANDA
Requester: Friis Behavioral Research Lab at MIT Sloan [A23DMKKRDGJV1Q] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: 4.08] [Comm: 3.50] [Fast: 4.48] [Reviews: 37] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Research by MIT Sloan School of Management. You must take a survey on Wednesday and one on Friday as part of this study. Total time = 20 mins, total payment = $3.00.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; AttitudeSurveyRecruitmentIneligible has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Location is US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite

jan

Reaction score
In any given week, not necessarily that week.

(I was gonna follow up with this question anyway, but I'm doing it now so I don't forget)
I used to email requesters all the time (bugs with the survey, typos, advice - potential confounds in the data:cigar:
then, after doing - you know, about :cautious:200,000 HITS, I gave up on that and just submit and shake my head (or LOL) only long enough to move on to the next hit
so, idk

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It was about that they said I gave them the wrong code and I gave them a 5 digit code instead of a 6 digit code. I told them that there was no way I miswrote the survey code because...you know copy and paste and I am pretty efficient at double/triple checking myself before submitting and I asked maybe it was them giving me the wrong code/not enough characters and like I said I wrote that I would be writing a review and then I received that message the next day.
This can be considered a "threat".

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wonder if Requesting a Qualification is considered 'messaging via the mturk interface'? I know people who spam the Masters request, for instance.
Not for that but I believe Sergey blocked someone for requesting their qual back via email repeatedly.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not for that but I believe Sergey blocked someone for requesting their qual back via email repeatedly.
I think of turking like real life, sort of. My sim version of me is as cordial as I am. :)I know it's dumb for me to even say it but, would you knock on someone's door repeatedly? Maybe shouting a bit and swearing a little from outside the door? Lol.
Everybody funny!:p

Last edited:
Reactions: coffeeowl

Timinator

Reaction score
Requesters complain about workers threatening them with TO somewhat frequently. I've seen it on the subreddit, on the forum, and TO itself.

it's kind of sad
Yeah I guess I didn't see it as trying to threaten the person but now I do see what ya'll are saying.

Reactions: YAHU

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Requesters complain about workers threatening them with TO somewhat frequently. I've seen it on the subreddit, on the forum, and TO itself.

it's kind of sad
I mean, its not like TO really means anything anyways.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I know it's dumb for me to even say it but, would you knock on someone's door repeatedly? Maybe shouting a bit and swearing a little from outside the door? Lol.
Everybody funny!:p
Oh I wouldn't risk it for sure but it happens. :wink:

Reactions: Jerami

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I've been looking but I don't see that specifically.
I see this, which could be a blanket explanation.

• d. Investigation. Amazon Mechanical Turk has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity, content and Materials associated with the Site. Amazon Mechanical Turk may investigate any reported violation of its Policies or complaints and take any action that it deems appropriate.

Reactions: Pleco and Timinator
Status
Not open for further replies.