12/27 - Tis the Season Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi Any updates lately to MTurk Suite? And do you have a website of some sort that lets people know of certain updates and what not to your extensions and scripts?
Nothing today yet, but I added some things and fixes yesterday. No I don't have a website.

Reactions: Timinator

charlie

Reaction score
who are the requesters on those hits? (was their TO any good?)
the power ball tickets one you've got to be careful and make sure you didn't typo or guess at any of the numbers. If it's the one i'm thinking of it's a small mom and pop shop wanting help recording turned in powerball and megamillions tickets the requestor is pretty strict.

Timinator

Reaction score
who are the requesters on those hits? (was their TO any good?)
Walter Goldenburg & Katie Fanelli. I read their ratings after I got rejected and Walter Goldenburg is considered Red and Katie Fanelli is orange. I read that they gave random rejections and they never responded to emails but I have done plenty of them and never had any issues until the other day. Like for both of them I did probably 20 of them for both and received 2 rejections from each and they approved the other ones instantly. I didn't even bother to write them to ask what happened because I received 1 rejection from another person and then I wrote them and then the next day I received an email stating that I was writing too many people and that if I continued that I would be suspended from MTurk.

Reactions: jan

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
yay another qual to request that won't get an answer any time soon. bleh
I got lucky with this one. Not even sure how I got it...think these were open hits years ago and then he closed it and gave qual to "good workers" :angelic:

harriss143

Baked Cuppycake
Contributor
Reaction score
:ahhh::ahhh:i just saw a man with his penis inside of a dog on one of these hits omfg :ahhh::ahhh:

Reactions: thedorchannel

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
yay another qual to request that won't get an answer any time soon. bleh
Have to be a long-time member on MTF to get it. The requester is a [redacted] so it may not be a bad thing that you don't get it.

Timinator

Reaction score
the power ball tickets one you've got to be careful and make sure you didn't typo or guess at any of the numbers. If it's the one i'm thinking of it's a small mom and pop shop wanting help recording turned in powerball and megamillions tickets the requestor is pretty strict.
Yeah I'm pretty good at double checking my work but it is possible that I may make a mistake but I normally check my work like 10 times especially for something as simple.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
do this at your own fucking risk. potentially traumatizing.

Title: Sorting Emotions (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content (pictures of disgusting objects) Worker discretion is advised) | PANDA
Requester: tal [A1HRB9SJ2G3R89] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.67 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 11
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Complete a sorting task of emotional (disust evoking) pictures and answer some questions. This study takes about 8 minutes to complete
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US; Adult Content Qualification is 1

Reactions: exdotish

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
the next day I received an email stating that I was writing too many people and that if I continued that I would be suspended from MTurk.
I've never heard of this. Do you still have the email to show us the exact wording? Just curious.

charlie

Reaction score
do this at your own fucking risk. potentially traumatizing.

Title: Sorting Emotions (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content (pictures of disgusting objects) Worker discretion is advised) | PANDA
Requester: tal [A1HRB9SJ2G3R89] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.67 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 11
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Complete a sorting task of emotional (disust evoking) pictures and answer some questions. This study takes about 8 minutes to complete
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US; Adult Content Qualification is 1
thanks for the warning. i'm on a work network so i'll be avoiding this one tyvm

charlie

Reaction score
Have to be a long-time member on MTF to get it. The requester is a [redacted] so it may not be a bad thing that you don't get it.
LOL got it. thanks!

jan

Reaction score
Walter Goldenburg & Katie Fanelli. I read their ratings after I got rejected and Walter Goldenburg is considered Red and Katie Fanelli is orange. I read that they gave random rejections and they never responded to emails but I have done plenty of them and never had any issues until the other day. Like for both of them I did probably 20 of them for both and received 2 rejections from each and they approved the other ones instantly. I didn't even bother to write them to ask what happened because I received 1 rejection from another person and then I wrote them and then the next day I received an email stating that I was writing too many people and that if I continued that I would be suspended from MTurk.
:eek::eek:
did that email come from the requester or mturk?

Timinator

Reaction score
I've never heard of this. Do you still have the email to show us the exact wording? Just curious.
Yes let me pull it up

Hello,

We have detected that you have recently sent numerous emails to Requesters using the Mechanical Turk user interface. While we encourage our Workers to contact Requesters with their concerns, using the UI to repeatedly contact them is against the Mechanical Turk Participation Agreement. If you continue this behavior, we will suspend your Mechanical Turk Account.

If you have any questions, please contact us at any time.

Best regards,

Nicole B.
Amazon Mechanical Turk

--------

And the crazy thing is I only sent 1 person an email during that time period so I'm pretty sure they reported my email

Reactions: adude

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Yes let me pull it up

Hello,

We have detected that you have recently sent numerous emails to Requesters using the Mechanical Turk user interface. While we encourage our Workers to contact Requesters with their concerns, using the UI to repeatedly contact them is against the Mechanical Turk Participation Agreement. If you continue this behavior, we will suspend your Mechanical Turk Account.

If you have any questions, please contact us at any time.

Best regards,

Nicole B.
Amazon Mechanical Turk

--------

And the crazy thing is I only sent 1 person an email during that time period so I'm pretty sure they reported my email
electrolyte @electrolyte have you seen this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.