coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Quick HIT for those interested in being considered for future work on an editing-related project. (~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Ting Zhang [A17VV27VQE6QBE] [TurkerView]
Description: We are looking to hire a number of workers on Mturk to work with us as editors for a large-scale editing project in the near future. If you are interested in this work then you are eligible to participate in this HIT ($3.50 for ~30min) In this HIT you will complete a reading comprehension test, receive feedback, and answer some questions about yourself. This HIT contains an English test that you must pass in order to participate. Please do not accept this HIT if you are not fluent in English.
Duration: ~90min
Reward: $3.50
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [-1553119673-188568] DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 14 min, 42 sec
Catchability: Okay
Cons: A few writing prompts. Timed pages.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all! I doubt I'll be up to watch the ball drop. Lot's of fireworks in my neighborhood tonight, and my cats are not happy about that. It's kind of a strange New Years Eve for me... first time I am by myself, and made no plans. I usually have a bunch of kids over while their parents are out celebrating, but they're all too old for that now! I'm going to make my tall W.R. and celebrate early!

Last edited:

HelloHello

Reaction score
Happy New Year to all! I doubt I'll be up to watch the ball drop. Lot's of fireworks in my neighborhood tonight, and my cats are not happy about that. It's kind of a strange New Years Eve for me... first time I am by myself, and made no plans. I usually have a bunch of kids over while there parents are out celebrating, but they're all too old for that now! I'm going to make my tall W.R. and celebrate early!
I too am going to call it a day. I had sorta planned to watch movies and nosh but I'm feeling more like reading and noshing . . . getting away from the computer for certain . . . the ball, doubt I'll see it either.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
ill be seeing ball drop. I'm ET-2 so NYC happens earlier here and then local ball drop an hour before aussie cricket begins.

Reactions: jklmnop and Blakkat

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Food Type and Product Labels Survey | Accept
Requester: Anita [A1RFHA91IWSWG5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.95] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 15:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about food type and product labels, as well as demographic information
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
This is from a requester that has gone unanswered, can anyone respond to him?

I am hoping to create an assignment where I send workers to another site to use a custom lookup tool. The task is to read a handwritten record of a persons name, address and zip; and to see if that person appears on a large list.

From experience I know some people write very badly. So badly that the only way I can lookup them up is if I use a custom tool. The tool has First name, Last name, Street Address and Zip fields. Typing the characters that can actually be read from the handwriting in the tool's fields causes a list to be displayed and filtered in real time. Like I could type first name "Bobby" and street named "Main"; and then the tool would show records with first name "Bobby" that are on streets named "Main".

With the list it is so much easier to determine if the handwriting record matches anyone on the list. If it matches a box is checked to it on the list. If it does not match they check another box.

Can anyone tell me if this type of task would be possible? How much do you think each record lookup should be worth? And is there any particular guides or terms I could search on the topic of workers completing task on a different site?

Thank you!

DCI

Reaction score
Now when you see someone with a flip phone you can be like "This is the 20s man!"

Status
Not open for further replies.