Forum Guidelines and Moderation Discussion Thread

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
On another topic, TissueHime @TissueHime is now only able to make our daily threads on Saturdays and Sundays. Kadauchi @Kadauchi has called Mondays. This leaves Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for the rest of the members to pitch in and make daily threads. It'd be super helpful for the mods if people who are typically night owls would be willing to take turns to do this. You don't have to agree to sign up for anything on a regular schedule, but it'd be great if our night owls could work cooperatively and take turns to make the threads on those four days of the week when we need help. We've considered some kind of automated posting if that doesn't work out, but we'd really ideally like to have the threads made by members who want to help out. If you're not sure how to do this but are interested in helping, it's easy! There are some guidelines on the steps here: http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/rules-for-creating-the-daily-thread.29/. Thank you!

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Can people who can't do it on a schedule still call it occasionally?

Reactions: sassyass

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
On another topic, TissueHime @TissueHime is now only able to make our daily threads on Saturdays and Sundays. Kadauchi @Kadauchi has called Mondays. This leaves Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for the rest of the members to pitch in and make daily threads. It'd be super helpful for the mods if people who are typically night owls would be willing to take turns to do this. You don't have to agree to sign up for anything on a regular schedule, but it'd be great if our night owls could work cooperatively and take turns to make the threads on those four days of the week when we need help. We've considered some kind of automated posting if that doesn't work out, but we'd really ideally like to have the threads made by members who want to help out. If you're not sure how to do this but are interested in helping, it's easy! There are some guidelines on the steps here: http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/rules-for-creating-the-daily-thread.29/. Thank you!
I'd be willing to do any day between Tues-Fri

Reactions: <Gucci>

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Currently,

Crowd Pleaser pays out $40 + banner + contributor perks

HIT Poster pays out $20 + banner

Almost everyone agreed that HIT Poster should be more prestigious than Crowd Pleaser.

I propose that we put up a poll in the daily thread this week about what the new payout structure should be.

Possible voting options:

HP $40 + banner + contributor perks | CP $20 + banner + contributor perks
HP $35 + banner + contributor perks | CP $25 + banner + contributor perks

Does anyone else have any other suggestions, voting options in mind? Feedback is appreciated.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Currently,

Crowd Pleaser pays out $40 + banner + contributor perks

HIT Poster pays out $20 + banner

Almost everyone agreed that HIT Poster should be more prestigious than Crowd Pleaser.

I propose that we put up a poll in the daily thread this week about what the new payout structure should be.

Possible voting options:

HP $35 + banner + contributor perks | CP $25 + banner + contributor perks

Does anyone else have any other suggestions, voting options in mind? Feedback is appreciated.
I like the first option 40/20 since people who post HITs are helping in a concrete way and taking time out of their own work schedule, especially when they are able to add times. I realize that is not always possible. Having CP is important too to keep the day going and fun or for those who help in other ways. I agree it should be put to a vote.

Last edited:

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Reactions: kryss