Forum issues/feature requests thread

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm having a forum issue lately - is there a minimum width required for the forum display? On my laptop, when I split the screen vertically, the forum likes to freak out and 'stutter' visually (like, annoyingly so, strobe-y). Using latest chrome version, windows 10, 1920x1080 reso. :help:

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm having a forum issue lately - is there a minimum width required for the forum display? On my laptop, when I split the screen vertically, the forum likes to freak out and 'stutter' visually (like, annoyingly so, strobe-y). Using latest chrome version, windows 10, 1920x1080 reso. :help:
I tried, but I haven't been able to reproduce it, sorry.

you keep live update on/post jump/watch thread on?

Reactions: Business Cat

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe been discussed already, but the hits only option is not working.
This is a known issue since the Worker change. I believe it's being worked on by whoever is in charge of some of the extra scripts on the site.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Meaning it should be happening with all forums that use Xenforo then?
No idea, sorry. I'm not familiar enough with the nitty gritty of Chrome or Xenforo to answer that with any reliability.

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
I tried, but I haven't been able to reproduce it, sorry.

you keep live update on/post jump/watch thread on?
yes to live update, no to post jump. live update is the only thing I have checked in the thread tools thingy.

D

Deleted member 481

Here's my suggestion:
Daily threads should be restricted for contributors or registered members only. I know that some, including myself, post hits here far less often because bots just grab them the second they're posted. The hits announced should just be for, at minimum, registered members only. I don't know if that would make it more difficult for bots to grab them, but it would be better than nothing. Besides, why should people that don't even register be able to leech?

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
Here's my suggestion:
Daily threads should be restricted for contributors or registered members only. I know that some, including myself, post hits here far less often because bots just grab them the second they're posted. The hits announced should just be for, at minimum, registered members only. I don't know if that would make it more difficult for bots to grab them, but it would be better than nothing. Besides, why should people that don't even register be able to leech?
The concern I have with this is that it probably makes those lurkers go to (and eventually join) one of the other mturk forums instead of here. iirc we tried it on MTG once and it didn't really work unless we don't care about getting new members.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Here's my suggestion:
We've discussed this in the past and decided what we want to be about is being open, welcoming, and public. We don't want to hide content behind paywalls or registration walls.

PeanutButter&Onions

Contributor
Reaction score
It's a sad commentary on my life that I'm as jacked up as I am about hits only now being fixed. Thanks for fixing it!

Reactions: Jaded and aveline

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
This is the thread for reporting any issues that you may be having with the forum, or even for making feature requests.

Just please keep in mind that creating a brand new forum from scratch is a very demanding process, so we may not be able to address things right away. We will, however, try our best.
Yes, I have at times thought it could be helpful to have an area for 0-100 HITS people, 2-500, etc. something like that. Maybe for daily work threads - or just general discussion.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I have at times thought it could be helpful to have an area for 0-100 HITS people, 2-500, etc. something like that. Maybe for daily work threads - or just general discussion.
If you (or anyone) wants to make a thread for discussion in the Social section geared toward workers with 0-100 or 200-500 or anything, you're certainly welcome to! Anyone can create threads in that section. :)

Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
If you (or anyone) wants to make a thread for discussion in the Social section geared toward workers with 0-100 or 200-500 or anything, you're certainly welcome to! Anyone can create threads in that section. :)
Great thanks!

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
aveline @aveline electrolyte @electrolyte What do you think about letting contributors choose their banner color/style for around the $25 mark? Like the $50 icons but at a middle level to give even more choices. $60 for both. :wink:
Just a thought to help with donations!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
aveline @aveline electrolyte @electrolyte What do you think about letting contributors choose their banner color/style for around the $25 mark? Like the $50 icons but at a middle level to give even more choices. $60 for both. :wink:
Unfortunately, we're limited in how many banners we can have. The addon that we use for them has a limit of something like 30, I believe. We've used 26 so far. That was why we started using the little icons for things instead, because we were running out of banners.

I've been playing around with them a lot over the last couple days though, and getting a lot of cool results that I hadn't thought possible before. I wouldn't be opposed to redoing some of them or maybe re-purposing some of the barely used ones. If you have any suggestions about what you'd like a particular banner to look like, I'd love to hear them.

Reactions: coffeeowl

A6_Foul_Out

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Here's my suggestion:

Last edited:

A6_Foul_Out

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
can confirm, will pay to win look cool.

:panda:

Reactions: coffeeowl

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we're limited in how many banners we can have. The addon that we use for them has a limit of something like 30, I believe. We've used 26 so far. That was why we started using the little icons for things instead, because we were running out of banners.

I've been playing around with them a lot over the last couple days though, and getting a lot of cool results that I hadn't thought possible before. I wouldn't be opposed to redoing some of them or maybe re-purposing some of the barely used ones. If you have any suggestions about what you'd like a particular banner to look like, I'd love to hear them.
Even just choosing a colored one that is already available would be a nice option I think. I'd pay extra to have mine in orange for example. Doesn't have to be tons of patterns or even a personalized pattern necessarily just some more choices. But no sparkles obviously or the ones you and electrolyte have. Admins get some privileges. And I don't want to create more work for you all I just noticed people perked up yesterday when you started posting them. :D