Forum issues/feature requests thread

D

Deleted member 481

That is probably what it is. I forgot to mention that I have live update as well. I think that is where the issue lies because if I leave the page alone, it'll just keep adding posts without taking me to a new page. I have preferences setup for 30 posts per page. I'm lowering that to 20 posts per page to see if that helps.

Reactions: MerryLou

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
That is probably what it is. I forgot to mention that I have live update as well. I think that is where the issue lies because if I leave the page alone, it'll just keep adding posts without taking me to a new page. I have preferences setup for 30 posts per page. I'm lowering that to 20 posts per page to see if that helps.
the way live update works it doesn't pay attention to that, so you may still end up with 150 posts on that page.I usually just hit the time stamp every half hour or so (quicker when the forum is moving really fast) so it gets me a clean page. That way I sitll get the benefit of live update, but I don't end up with 200 posts all on the one page

TastyWaffles

銀河英雄伝説
Reaction score
Has anyone brought up SSL for the forums yet? That way all the info sent to and from people will be encrypted.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Any chance of implementing a reverse block, to prevent someone from seeing your posts rather than/in addition to not seeing theirs? There are some people who have made it very clear that they view the idea of sharing work with contempt and are just here to take from people who are more generous, and I'd rather not share anything with them.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Any chance of implementing a reverse block, to prevent someone from seeing your posts rather than/in addition to not seeing theirs? There are some people who have made it very clear that they view the idea of sharing work with contempt and are just here to take from people who are more generous, and I'd rather not share anything with them.
We've looked into this before and the add-on for this type of feature is very expensive. We'll bring it up in staff and discuss it. This is a forum based on sharing and our hopes are that everyone will contribute, but I do understand what you're saying.

Reactions: Starslip

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We've looked into this before and the add-on for this type of feature is very expensive. We'll bring it up in staff and discuss it. This is a forum based on sharing and our hopes are that everyone will contribute, but I do understand what you're saying.
It probably wouldn't be used enough to justify any sort of real cost.

Reactions: kryss

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I would really like grandma smilies. Because I feel that many of us are old men and ladies at heart, if not in fact. Not sure if this is the right place to request it :p

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought this was just cos I run chrome in dev mode for a private unpacked extension, but now I'm seeing [DEV] in the header of all the pages here on mobile, too. Is it just me?

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I also have DEV in my header on and off. It's not impacting anything, it just throws me off.

Reactions: essjay

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I notice a few people mentioning some issues with the forum, but I hadn't experienced any... until today.

EDIT:

<_<

>_>

I fixed it.

Last edited:

Neo

Reaction score
Scroll buttons available in dark theme? Can't see any though. Would really be helpful

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score

It's doing it again.

Reactions: aveline

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I would really like grandma smilies. Because I feel that many of us are old men and ladies at heart, if not in fact. Not sure if this is the right place to request it :p

:o I didn't see these! I'll add them... tomorrow

Reactions: Sondi and aveline

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Scroll buttons available in dark theme? Can't see any though. Would really be helpful
Delta dark doesn't have the scroll feature. :( I'll look to see if this is something simple we can add into the template.

Reactions: Neo

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This happened on mtg as well so I'm assuming it's a Xenforo thing, but the live update adds the first few posts of the first page of the thread to the end of the page for every page in old daily threads when you're browsing them. When you first load a page, they're not there, but as soon as the first live update is triggered, they get tacked on. I guess it might also have to do with the threads being locked since I don't think it happens with active threads.

Reactions: aveline and kryss

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
This happened on mtg as well so I'm assuming it's a Xenforo thing, but the live update adds the first few posts of the first page of the thread to the end of the page for every page in old daily threads when you're browsing them. When you first load a page, they're not there, but as soon as the first live update is triggered, they get tacked on. I guess it might also have to do with the threads being locked since I don't think it happens with active threads.
Hmmm. I know this happened on MTG all the time, but I haven't had it happen to me once on here. I'll see if I can find some info about that or something because that can be really annoying.

Reactions: Kerek

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hmmm. I know this happened on MTG all the time, but I haven't had it happen to me once on here. I'll see if I can find some info about that or something because that can be really annoying.
Not theme specific, at least I tried it in Scratch and it still happened.

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Not theme specific, at least I tried it in Scratch and it still happened.

The support forum for that addon has literally 0 posts and it hasn't been updated in well over a year, so I don't think that's going to be much help. :\

For some reason, it does it to me on MTG but not here, so idk. I'll keep trying to replicate it to see if I can figure out what might be causing it, but with the lack of support available, it may be a bug that we'll have to live with.

There are other similar addons that have more support and are updated more frequently, but none of them have the ability to disable post jump, so I'm kind of attached to the one that we have, whether it has flaws or not.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The support forum for that addon has literally 0 posts and it hasn't been updated in well over a year, so I don't think that's going to be much help. :\

For some reason, it does it to me on MTG but not here, so idk. I'll keep trying to replicate it to see if I can figure out what might be causing it, but with the lack of support available, it may be a bug that we'll have to live with.

There are other similar addons that have more support and are updated more frequently, but none of them have the ability to disable post jump, so I'm kind of attached to the one that we have, whether it has flaws or not.
Yeah don't spend more time on it, it's not a big deal since it only comes up during stalker filing.