Funko Nerd Thread

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought about reselling only one time.. Went to half price books. They had a $5 american horror story pop on the shelves that somebody had sold them. I dont have room to just buy pops for the sake of em. So for fun when I got home. I check pop price guide. It was worth $100. Raced back over there . it was gone. :(

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I limit my shadiness to reselling of exclusive figures only. Twice a year.
I'd be shady if they'd let me.
I have dreams about walking into a store and getting all these chases I don't want so I can resell them for horror minis. :ROFL:

Reactions: scrmcasey and TobyF

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I have dreams about walking into a store and getting all these chases I don't want so I can resell them for horror minis. :ROFL:
it sucks if you really want something. But I dont see nothing wrong with it. You hustle, you hustle, wanna wait at the stores and clear em out for rares. More power to ya. Make that $$$ not illegal. but ive never been after chases really.

Reactions: C to the J

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
it sucks if you really want something. But I dont see nothing wrong with it. You hustle, you hustle, wanna wait at the stores and clear em out for rares. More power to ya. Make that $$$ not illegal. but ive never been after chases really.
I'm not going to wait at stores or anything as I'd make more on here.....but I do check series that I'm not even interested.
But I'd say most of that is just in the hopes of finally seeing one "in the wild".

All that said, I will be checking every store at 9am when the next WWE series drops.
I absolutely need the million dollar man chase in my life.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
There are a couple of chases I wish I could find in the stores to keep for myself. I did happen upon a Wonder Woman chase just one time at Hot Topic. She was immediately put on eBay to help pay for my Chase Spike. Current Chase wishlist:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There are a couple of chases I wish I could find in the stores to keep for myself. I did happen upon a Wonder Woman chase just one time at Hot Topic. She was immediately put on eBay to help pay for my Chase Spike. Current Chase wishlist:

Kills me that I'm never going to be able to have a full horror set because most of the chases go for like $100.

Reactions: scrmcasey and TobyF

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not going to wait at stores or anything as I'd make more on here.....but I do check series that I'm not even interested.
But I'd say most of that is just in the hopes of finally seeing one "in the wild".

All that said, I will be checking every store at 9am when the next WWE series drops.
I absolutely need the million dollar man chase in my life.
wasnt referencing you . doh. im tired. should word it better. yeah i need it also.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
wasnt referencing you . doh. im tired. should word it better. yeah i need it also.
There are people that do that, though. Which is why I have given up on finding chases in the stores. Those are the same people that have taken the fun out of finding things I actually want "in the wild."

There is always that moment of hope when I get packages in the mail. I sort of feel like Charlie trying to find a golden ticket when I open the box.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There are people that do that, though. Which is why I have given up on finding chases in the stores. Those are the same people that have taken the fun out of finding things I actually want "in the wild."

There is always that moment of hope when I get packages in the mail. I sort of feel like Charlie trying to find a golden ticket when I open the box.
I'm such a noob that I've been been spending my time trying and hoping to find chases in stores but we never do.
Then I settle for the common.

Wasn't until I looked at a thread on reddit last week that I figured out that you have a chance to get chases from most online retailers.
I will be doing that from now on....be forced to anyway since Gina's at the point where we can't much shopping anymore and the little one is going to get here pretty soon.

Reactions: scrmcasey

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm such a noob that I've been been spending my time trying and hoping to find chases in stores but we never do.
Then I settle for the common.

Wasn't until I looked at a thread on reddit last week that I figured out that you have a chance to get chases from most online retailers.
I will be doing that from now on....be forced to anyway since Gina's at the point where we can't much shopping anymore and the little one is going to get here pretty soon.
The only place in my area that I know I might be able to find Chases is the Go! Calendars store that opens between Halloween and Christmas in a local mall. Game Stop, Hot Topic, and Target have been known to put Chases back for their favored customers, or have employees that will buy them up before even putting them on the floor to resell themselves. Very frustrating to collectors. You used to be able to get exclusives from PopCultcha, an Australian store. They just wouldn't have the stickers on them. Funko stopped them last year from shipping internationally so we can't even use that avenue.

Why do I know all of this stuff???

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
have employees that will buy them up before even putting them on the floor
The girl who works at hot topic was bugging me and Gina while we were shopping last week, kept talking about her collection, I told her "So you're where all my chases have gone". She laughed but looked guilty haha. :ROFL:

Reactions: scrmcasey

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The only place in my area that I know I might be able to find Chases is the Go! Calendars store that opens between Halloween and Christmas in a local mall. Game Stop, Hot Topic, and Target have been known to put Chases back for their favored customers, or have employees that will buy them up before even putting them on the floor to resell themselves. Very frustrating to collectors. You used to be able to get exclusives from PopCultcha, an Australian store. They just wouldn't have the stickers on them. Funko stopped them last year from shipping internationally so we can't even use that avenue.

Why do I know all of this stuff???
I looked at that site and it said it shipped to the US. Are pops the only thing they won't ship?

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I looked at that site and it said it shipped to the US. Are pops the only thing they won't ship?
Yes, it was just Funko that is restricted to my knowledge. That is where I managed to get the Vampire Buffy/Angel set last year right before Funko placed restrictions on them.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yes, it was just Funko that is restricted to my knowledge. That is where I managed to get the Vampire Buffy/Angel set last year right before Funko placed restrictions on them.
Ugh! I need Buffy chases and I don't want to pay a fuckload on ebay.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ugh! I need Buffy chases and I don't want to pay a fuckload on ebay.
Getting email alerts, setting up tons of watchers, it may take some time but with diligence you can get the things you want at a price you're willing to pay.

I thought I was never going to get any of the horror series 1 minis but I found someone with a lot that was ending at like 4am :D
4am is where the best deals happen for sure.

Reactions: Vanyanka

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Getting email alerts, setting up tons of watchers, it may take some time but with diligence you can get the things you want at a price you're willing to pay.

I thought I was never going to get any of the horror series 1 minis but I found someone with a lot that was ending at like 4am :D
4am is where the best deals happen for sure.
This is so true. You may have to obsessively watch ebay, but someone will eventually set up an auction poorly and you'll get them at a steal.