MTS 3.2.x Bugs

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
My work queue on MTurk, is what I mean. Under "Your HITs Queue". maybe I was imagining being able to do that before. I know I can export out of HF, but that is not what I am asking.
interesting. i didn't know that existed in at least prior versions.

My workflow was after submitting a HIT, if it was something I wanted to share, I'd go to Hit Finder tab, use my browser search function to enter the requester or HIT title, and export from the HIT entry in the "Logged HITs" section.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Didn't we used to be able to export HITs from our queue? Am I imagining that? Was it in a different script? I am pretty sure I used to be able to export HITs out of my queue, and I haven't been able to (not that I did a whole lot anyway) since the new version of MTS came out. Am I missing a setting or something?
Missing, on the todo list (forgot about this one).

Is the search for requester name working in Hit Tracker?

Doing a search for Angela Listy hits to make sure I have not done her latest one. I put Listy in the search box, set the date range from August 1st, 2020 to today, and hit search button. 15 mins later and the Search button is still greyed out and a spinning circle still spinning.

I'm pretty sure if this was ver2, it would have taken 2-3 mins tops because of searching thousands of HITs in the database, so i'm patient but it seems ver3 is either way slower or the search isn't working right.
Seems to be an issue with search, I'm investigating it.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Hit Finder might have a sort bug.

My setting is to show HITs, newest at the top.

Several times today, I noticed "Favorite HITs" section was sorted oldest at the top instead of newest.

"Logged HITs" section shows newest at the top as I expect.

I hide "Latest HITs' so i don't know if that is sorted right or not.

freekshow420

Reaction score
catcher is still accepting multiple hits of the same hit for me, I only add the hit once and get told about 2-3 times per hit that its accepted then have to clear it out again and again and again.

Reactions: Madycat

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I have more to look at then. Captchas are honestly the hardest thing for me to test since I don't get them. I'll have another fix in 3.2.3. that will try and address the new issues.
ok, standing by for 3.2.3 to try the captcha thing you are working on.

been doing a9s tonight with frequent captchas so i have something that may or may not be useful.

mts v3.2.2 did not always announce and pop up a captcha solve box. whenever i had a captcha and mts did not announce/window it, HC would continuously play the hit caught chime (ghost catches as i call them as there was nothing for those in my work queue) until i solved the captcha in my a9s tab.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Is there something in MTS ver3 that might affect the behavior of some tasks?

I have not been able to do a User Survey since the ver3 upgrade. I get a info bar across their hit to go full screen so I do and the info bar does not go away. I can scroll up and see my worker info and goals bar, but I think that's generated by AMT and not MTS. i am thinking that bar is what User Survey's interface is seeing that is a reason to keep the info bar up. If that top bar could be cloaked, maybe the User Survey could be done?

charlie

Reaction score
i have just about had it with MTS 3.2.2
It crashes 5 + times daily,does not retain access to Chrome (constantly having to refresh that access) and drags down Chrome completely. Java errors are aplenty in the debug logs and in all actuality performance of 3.2.2 is far worse than it was even with buggy 3.2.1

freekshow420

Reaction score
catcher still is adding duplicate hits over and over. plus still adding hits that i do not add. i go to add 4 hits and all the sudden i have 12 or more.

Reactions: Madycat

charlie

Reaction score
catcher still is adding duplicate hits over and over. plus still adding hits that i do not add. i go to add 4 hits and all the sudden i have 12 or more.
i had it w/ MTS 3.2.2 yesterday so i finally dropped it and reverted to 2.6.13. i'm much happier. so is my computer.

freekshow420

Reaction score
i had it w/ MTS 3.2.2 yesterday so i finally dropped it and reverted to 2.6.13. i'm much happier. so is my computer.
might just end up having to do this , Just too much problems with the past updates and nothing seems to want to work correctly.

Edit: lol yay more and more.. Lol I add 5 hits total now that i entered myself , and i have 15 in there with a potential 20$ .. too bad they are all duplicates. id love 20$ right when i wake up.

Last edited:

Clint

Reaction score
I spent hours trying to follow the instructions to do this. I'm guessing that's not something I can do with my Chromebook?

charlie

Reaction score
I spent hours trying to follow the instructions to do this. I'm guessing that's not something I can do with my Chromebook?
Let me see if i can clean up the instructions a little bit. They are not terribly clear. I'm on a Mac but I'd assume the instructions would be similar on ChromeOS
0. remove your current MTS extension.
1. go to the github link
2. download the mturk-suite-master.zip file
3. wherever you downloaded it, unzip it, you should end up with an unzipped folder named mturk-suite-master with a bunch of stuff in it.
4. rename the folder (get rid of the "-master" in the name. you'll be left with a folder called "mturk-suite"
5. open chrome browser
6. go here: chrome://extensions/ (enter that in the address bar and it will open up the extensions page)
7. top right of the window you should see "developer mode" and a switch to enable it. enable it.
8.you'll see an option called "load unpacked" click it. navigate to the "mturk-suite" folder and select it.
9. this should load mts. at least, it did for me w/o issue.

Clint

Reaction score
Let me see if i can clean up the instructions a little bit. They are not terribly clear. I'm on a Mac but I'd assume the instructions would be similar on ChromeOS
0. remove your current MTS extension.
1. go to the github link
2. download the mturk-suite-master.zip file
3. wherever you downloaded it, unzip it, you should end up with an unzipped folder named mturk-suite-master with a bunch of stuff in it.
4. rename the folder (get rid of the "-master" in the name. you'll be left with a folder called "mturk-suite"
5. open chrome browser
6. go here: chrome://extensions/ (enter that in the address bar and it will open up the extensions page)
7. top right of the window you should see "developer mode" and a switch to enable it. enable it.
8.you'll see an option called "load unpacked" click it. navigate to the "mturk-suite" folder and select it.
9. this should load mts. at least, it did for me w/o issue.
Awesome. That's more my language. I finally got it back. Thanks.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
a couple things in hit finder ver 3.2.2 that might be notable:

HIT Favorites are outlined in the logged hits section like what was added in 3.2.2 but are not always showing up in the Favorite HITs section so I scan the logged HITs area looking for those favorites that were missed in the Favorites section.

Performance on my chromebook seems to slow down with the more logged HITs I have in that section - starts getting real bad at 200 hits. I don't seem to recall that happening in version 2. I do a tab refresh and performance seems to improve until the logged HITs number grows again, leading me to believe HF is the cause of my occasional computer slowdown.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
With the new update I have seen that some of the HITs that I put into HIT Catcher just stop collecting and then I can't restart them. (I get the red circle with a slash when I hover over the start button.) Doesn't seem to be with all of the HITs I have a couple that are still running, but two that I have put in searched for 7-9 times and then just stopped.

mak1skav

Reaction score
Big thanks for bringing back the " Pending" and "Approved Waiting Payment" information in the HIT tracker page :)

Now when you will manage to fix the issue with the searches I think I will be set haha.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

freekshow420

Reaction score
Don't know if this is a bug or not but,

I noticed that sometimes in the catcher that a hit may cancel out the start option for it (shows a circle with a slash in it) but It never catches. I saw it today when I went to add a few hits and went to look at my catcher and saw that it stopped trying to catch some hits, This has happened with the previous patches as well. I just assumed it was that I already did the hit before maybe? I do not think its qualifications because when I click on the hit to add it it does not say anything about qualifications so I'm just a bit confused.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
MTS v3.2.3 stuff:

HF - first seen in 3.2.2, Favorite HIT Groups still lists oldest hits at the top of the list when my settings are for newest hits at the top. Logged hits section sorting the hits correctly.

HC - seems new to 3.2.3, an active hit try stops for some unknown reason even tho it is showing as active. For instance, I might add a hit to HC and make sure it is running. I might go to another tab to read an article or work on my AMT work queue. When I return to the HC tab, I'll notice the attempted hit should still be running based on the red STOP box showing, but the counter is not incrementing. If I hit stop on the attempted hit and then click to restart scanning, the counter starts incrementing again.

mak1skav

Reaction score
After some further examination I am not really sure that "Approved Waiting Payment" information in the HIT tracker page is working correctly. Anyone else than can confirm that it is working correct? It shows to me an unusual high amount and doesn't look like is changing after some HITs have been paid.

Last edited:

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
With the new update I have seen that some of the HITs that I put into HIT Catcher just stop collecting and then I can't restart them. (I get the red circle with a slash when I hover over the start button.) Doesn't seem to be with all of the HITs I have a couple that are still running, but two that I have put in searched for 7-9 times and then just stopped.
It appears that this is happening on HITs that I am not qualified for. I noticed it happened this morning again, and I ran the PandA in PC and it came back purple. Tried with one from yesterday that was doing this and found the same thing. So I guess it is working as intended? I had never noticed it doing that before.